What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

As per 2011

Egypt manufactured about 40% and imported 60% of the components for the 555 tanks produced.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/egypt/m1a1.htm
The percentage is much higher now..some say 80 to 90%
What is that 40%?
Tank turrets, canon,m2 machine guns,transmission,power plant, teat cartridges,maintenance spare and repair parts, maintenance, support equipment, special tool and test equipment, personnel training and equipment, publications and technical documentation is provided by US.

I just googled that:

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/land/l...livers-m1a1-abrams-tank-turrets-to-egypt/amp/

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/egypt-co-production-m1a1-abrams-tank

Almost 40 US contractor & companies were involved in above sales to Egypt.

Wonder if 40% includes chasis of abrams? Because US certain aint giving you senstive technology not unless you are israel.

Even the armour is produced in US and is downgraded export version.

What is that 40%?
Tank turrets, canon,m2 machine guns,transmission,power plant, teat cartridges,maintenance spare and repair parts, maintenance, support equipment, special tool and test equipment, personnel training and equipment, publications and technical documentation is provided by US.

I just googled that:

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/land/l...livers-m1a1-abrams-tank-turrets-to-egypt/amp/

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/egypt-co-production-m1a1-abrams-tank

Almost 40 US contractor & companies were involved in above sales to Egypt.

Wonder if 40% includes chasis of abrams? Because US certain aint giving you senstive technology not unless you are israel.

Even the armour is produced in US and is downgraded export version.

April 2011

Meeting of the official / Mr. Meshaal minister of war production in Egypt on the first channel on Egyptian television:

Mr. Meshaal: We have seen a huge boom ... We are making the Abrams at a level that exceeds American production
We can get the engine from anywhere ... We are integrated with the Arab Authority For Manufacturing

He said: "War Production is fine, and there is a great renaissance. In the last ten years we spent 14 billion Egyptian pounds ($5 billion) on military production and established 60 new factories, and we have achieved a breakthrough in the capacity of production. "Meshaal noted that Egypt is producing about 75 percent of the US M1A1 tank at a level exceeding United States production, explaining that the production of the tank engine in Egypt is not economically feasible.

He noted that there had been a major surge in the military production program in the early 1980s when Egypt entered the manufacture of heavy weapons such as tanks and heavy guns
Radars and other various military industries.

Meshaal confirmed that there is a continuous development in the military industrialization in Egypt, but there is a degree of confidentiality required by the nature of work that prevents the continuous detection of this development.

Stressing that the outside world has become confident in the level of Egyptian military production. He explained that the defense industry in Egypt has become very sophisticated and that Egypt is producing a tank gun with very high technology and many Arab countries have asked to cooperate with us in this technology, pointing out that Egypt is trying to reach the production of smart munitions. Egypt has an ambitious program, with more than 60 factories being built in the last ten years for production of all types of ammunition and explosives, as well as the required fuel for certain types of missiles.

658241894.png

Here is the progression of the Egyptian M1A1 to M1A2:

M1A1_Abrams.png

M1A1_ODS_5thArm_Kurdistan.png

M1A2_Abrams-SEP.png

Last edited:
Confirmation of the SU-35 contract of Egypt

New Defense Order magazine: Russian military contracts signed by Russia in 2018 include the supply of 24 fighters Sukhoi-35 to Egypt worth $ 2.4 billion

5ce68496d437504d708b45b6.jpg

235875.jpg

Last edited:
Confirmation of the SU-35 contract of Egypt

New Defense Order magazine: Russian military contracts signed by Russia in 2018 include the supply of 24 fighters Sukhoi-35 to Egypt worth $ 2.4 billion

235875.jpg
i have a feeling that egypt will go for SU-57.

i have a feeling that egypt will go for SU-57.
Hi Nahid how is it possible for Russia to supply something top of their line to a country which is
Purchasing American technology also I’m pretty much sure about su57 is something like f22 to USA they haven’t supplied these to Israel also there should be a second tier stealth beside su57
If Russia has to export it to other countries like China is trying out with J31
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi Nahid how is it possible for Russia to supply something top of their line to a country which is
Purchasing American technology also I’m pretty much sure about su57 is something like f22 to USA they haven’t supplied these to Israel also there should be a second tier stealth beside su57
If Russia has to export it to other countries like China is trying out with J31
Thank you
Su-57 is no where near close to matching the capabilities to the F-22. To put it frankly, China and Russia can't compete with stealth tech.

Su-57 is no where near close to matching the capabilities to the F-22. To put it frankly, China and Russia can't compete with stealth tech.
Hi thx for your reply I’m not comparing any of these with each other but just a thought how come some country with it’s top notch invention ( even to your standards it’s top notch for that country) can export it to another country which also have ties with their rival countries
Just a thought
Thank you

Hi thx for your reply I’m not comparing any of these with each other but just a thought how come some country with it’s top notch invention ( even to your standards it’s top notch for that country) can export it to another country which also have ties with their rival countries
Just a thought
Thank you
I don't know enough about this topic since my main focus isn't Egypt but I will @ some people for you.

@The SC
@Khafee
Maybe you guys can answer his question?

Just a thought
Thank you
Arm sales are a business with competitiveness.. the US put pressure but Russia does not care..

Arm sales are a business with competitiveness.. the US put pressure but Russia does not care..
Before a military parade no one knows that Egyptians have s300 and buk m2 and more weapons If Egypt was hidden that until a parade was better

A rare picture of King Salman during his participation in the defense of Egypt in the triple aggression against it in 1956

D7l-prFXsAANTKc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom