What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I've been saying this a lot lately but I truly think that Arab countries should do joint projects that fulfill the needs of Arab armies. Sharing tech should be a priority to help establish each countries defense industry. Jordan could for example give RWS tech to the UAE in exchange for EDIC bomb tech and etc. It would truly help by making independent R&D for weapon systems redundant when you can get the tech from allied nations.
Completely agree

With a cooperative country like Ukraine they could. Even Turkey couldn't alone hence why the used Western tech until recently.

Now Turkey develops 100% indigenous Helicopters T-625 and ATAK-II including turboshaft gas turbine engine

btw Egypt locally produced Helicopter under license like Turkey produced F-16 Fighter Jet and Sikorsky Blackhawk Helicopter

so Egypt has no technology to develop its own Helicopters ( design , software , mission computer , electronic and avionic systems , Millimeter wave fire control Radar , Electronic Warfare Counter Measure System , DIRCM Infrared Counter Measure System , Target Detection System , Helicopter Obstacle Detection System , HELMET Integrated Display System , landing gears , pal and rotor systems , transmission , engine )

Egypt needs technology transfer

Examples could be A2A, A2G missiles, cruise missiles, electronic warfare systems, UAVs (HALE/MALE) etc.

Turkey was ready to give all those technologies to Egypt but there was a military coup in Egypt

Now Turkey develops 100% indigenous Helicopters T-625 and ATAK-II including turboshaft gas turbine engine

btw Egypt locally produced Helicopter under license like Turkey produced F-16 Fighter Jet and Sikorsky Blackhawk Helicopter

so Egypt has no technology to develop its own Helicopters ( design , software , mission computer , electronic and avionic systems , Millimeter wave fire control Radar , Electronic Warfare Counter Measure System , DIRCM Infrared Counter Measure System , Target Detection System , Helicopter Obstacle Detection System , HELMET Integrated Display System , landing gears , pal and rotor systems , transmission , engine )

Egypt needs technology transfer

Turkey was ready to give all those technologies to Egypt but there was a military coup in Egypt
Your population is very different and education is much easier to get. If more aerospace engineering degrees and more engineers were dedicated I'm sure Egypt could achieve similar tech to Turkey. Than again, even Brazil uses US tech in their planes so it takes tech transfer I agree. Egypt does need a tech transfer but I'm sure Ukraine or some other country besides Turkey could be contracted for TOT because I'm sure Turkey will have some restrictions in TOT.
Did you actually like Morsi? Egypt has had a military leader for the past 660 years and in my opinion is better off with one.

Egypt was making the Chinese K-8E trainer for a long time with a lot of improvements..as well as the Gazelle Heli under licence..There is not much info about making UAVs..

Egyptian K-8E trainer
egyptian-air-force-k-8e-karakorum-aircraft-a-derivative-of-chinas-K3WCYN.jpg

Egyptian Aérospatiale Gazelle helicopter​
SA.342L+Gazelle++2536++++10-12-10

Abrams,K-8 etc are assembled from Kits in Egypt not manufactured.

There is a difference between assembling and manufacturing.

Your population is very different and education is much easier to get. If more aerospace engineering degrees and more engineers were dedicated I'm sure Egypt could achieve similar tech to Turkey.

Yes Egypt can do this but Egypt needs hundreds of billions of dollars and minimum 40 years

I'm sure Ukraine or some other country besides Turkey could be contracted for TOT because I'm sure Turkey will have some restrictions in TOT.

Turkey develops military industry not only for itself but also for 1,7 billion of Islamic world

Unfortunately good relations are broken between two muslim countries Egypt and Turkey

and Egypt dependent on Christian countries and in a real war Egypt will be so regret , but it will so late like in 1967

Yes Egypt can do this but Egypt needs hundreds of billions of dollars and minimum 40 years

Turkey develops military industry not only for itself but also for 1,7 billion of Islamic world

Unfortunately good relations are broken between two muslim countries Egypt and Turkey

and Egypt dependent on Christian countries and in a real war Egypt will be so regret , but it will so late like in 1967
Once Erdogan leaves I hope that improved relations can be had between Turkey and Arab and Muslim countries. A lot of work needs to be done for cooperation between the states that will improve the self-sufficiency from the West a lot of Muslim countries have. Honestly I don't see a state where Erdogan and Arab nations can cooperate.

Once Erdogan leaves I hope that improved relations can be had between Turkey and Arab and Muslim countries. A lot of work needs to be done for cooperation between the states that will improve the self-sufficiency from the West a lot of Muslim countries have. Honestly I don't see a state where Erdogan and Arab nations can cooperate.

Problem is not Erdogan
there never was good relations between Egypt and Turkey
because of the UK , the US control Egypt via puppet leaders for decades and the UK , the US never will allow Egypt and Turkey to be allies each others

Problem is not Erdogan
there never was good relations between Egypt and Turkey
because of the UK , the US control Egypt via puppet leaders for decades and the UK , the US never will allow Egypt and Turkey to be allies each others
Jordan and Turkey have relatively good relations even with the US and UK influence in Jordan. Go to Jordanian armed forces thread and respond if you can about the defense industry and Turkish cooperation.

Last edited:
Jordan and Turkey have relatively good relations even with the US and UK influence in Jordan. Go to JAF thread and respond if you can.

Jordan is useless country , but Egypt is giant in the region ( 100 million population ) and if Egypt - Turkey would be allies then Nobody can stop Islamic Power in the region ... so the US - the UK never will allow Egypt and Turkey to be allies

btw Jordan , S.Arabia, the Uae even can not go to toilet without American-British permission

and thanks to Erdogan that he makes Turkey as sovereign country

Jordan is useless country , but Egypt is giant in the region ( 100 million population ) and if Egypt - Turkey would be allies then Nobody can stop Islamic Power ... so the US never will allow Egypt and Turkey to be allies

btw Jordan , S.Arabia, the Uae even can not go to toilet without American-British permission

and thanks to Erdogan that he did Turkey as sovereign country
Its this thinking that stops cooperation between Turkey and Arab states.

Back
Top Bottom