What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Maybe the Guy on the Right was an "Actual" target... :) or THey hate him...

I hate to laugh at the way you worded that, but it was funny and in reality very sad and disappointing to see from a supposedly well trained group like that. The instructor is lined up for a burst of 9mm's in the eyeball...eeesh! You can even see the guy to the far left looking very apprehensively, with fear in his eyes at the the guy to his right holding that thing in the most unsafe manner possible.

Another 3 :-)

r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg

^^ Thanks.

Wondering why those saw-toothed edges don't go all the way around the radome joint? They basically end right at the radiation warning emblem and the bottom doesn't have them. Curious.

Funny how many online "groups" and sources are calling this new bird #811" a MiG-29M/M2 and not a MiG-35/D, despite it being essentially the exact bird revealed here as the MiG-35. Not sure what the discrepancy is that's causing that.

Saw this picture somewhere else and was quite surprised at some lack of basic safety rules for handling automatics within a group. Anyone notice anything strange or unsafe?

View attachment 388922
I see the guys on the right pointing their guns in between the guys on the left, so no worry for safety, these are very highly trained professionals..

Still 5 more to come this year.. I wonder when the optional deal of 12 will go through..negotiations started last year..

^^ Thanks.

Wondering why those saw-toothed edges don't go all the way around the radome joint? They basically end right at the radiation warning emblem and the bottom doesn't have them. Curious.

Funny how many online "groups" and sources are calling this new bird #811" a MiG-29M/M2 and not a MiG-35/D, despite it being essentially the exact bird revealed here as the MiG-35. Not sure what the discrepancy is that's causing that.

Saw this picture somewhere else and was quite surprised at some lack of basic safety rules for handling automatics within a group. Anyone notice anything strange or unsafe?

View attachment 388922
Their fingers are not on the triggers the guns are not aimed at others so I can't see it......

Last edited:
You are right. 3 were delivered yesterday.

Nice, 3 EM's look good.

I see the guys on the right pointing their guns in between the guys on the left, so no worry for safety, these are very highly trained professionals..

I know they're well trained, :-) these might be new recruits but one never knows and the focus was mostly on the one MP-5 on the far left of the pic and how it's pointed direction is iffy, to say the least, regardless of finger off trigger, empty or full mags or even no mags. SOP has to be followed just like the last guy on the left who did the right thing once the instructor was in his line of sight, he pointed his SMG up. Probably why he's looking at the other guy's weapon. Just a small detail that's ok to criticize, it's not a bad thing. Nothing says we all have to be blind homers. :D BTW, the good thing is how you hear about tactical groups like the SAS, SWATT, RAID, BOPE, SPETSNAZ and even the Israeli YAMAN which won the world competition the last 2 years BUT....the best units are really the ones you never hear of. :tup:

RAFAFTBURN.jpg

Sparrow.jpg

F-16EAF.jpg

Anyone think that the MICA IR's range is not that much of an improvement over the AIM-7 Sparrow? It's fire and forget and guidance tech along with the RBE2 AESA radar (assuming that's the one in these EAF Rafales) is much better, for sure, but according to its listed effective range, it's 50 kilometers whereas the Sparrow is 40 maximum, giving the MICA only 10 additional km's. Compared to the AIM-120, it's not really a huge improvement. It's comparable to the AIM-120A/B but the C-5 is 105km while the D is 160km. Big difference. I think this is why it's important to get the R-77 for the new MiG-35's and which one? Supposedly the R-77 is +/-80km, the R-77-1 is +/-110km and the relatively new K-77M is -200km (if it's actually operational). The A-A missiles package will be very important on these new MiGs in order to compete with the AIM-120's incredible range.

Russian mig-35 is still using PD radar at the moment
mig-35.jpg

So Egyptian mig-29M/M2 will not have AESA neither.

Back
Top Bottom