What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

9865.png

attachment.php

The order is for land based Ka-52 Alligators not the naval variant (Ka-52 Katran). The latter is still under evaluation as part of an international tender.

I would like to see them in the same colour as the Apaches. Would look incredibly menacing.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was under the impression - from much of the previous information coming out of Russia that made the connection of this order to the Mistrals - that they were destined for the 2 decks. I guess a lot of presumptions were made, including training Egyptian pilots on the K models. Eeeesh! http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...-ka-52k-pilots&catid=124:military-helicopters Another Russian source mentioned this particular contract was signed in December.

Woahhh really ? Rawalpindi is my hometown

Nice coincidence. A fun story; one afternoon I was out in our backyard playing football with some friends and my mother calls me in for bath time and dinner. I get to the bathroom and put all my dirty clothes on the bathroom floor before jumping in the tub. My mother comes in to take my clothes to put them in the laundry and suddenly she starts screaming. My father rushes in and next thing you know he's stomping on a scorpion that apparently latched to my trousers and just hung there! Big mistake by the scorpion because my father proceeded to pummel the poor thing and then scooped it up in a newspaper. I was later forbidden to play in the backyard.....but not for long lol. A vivid memory that I'll never forget. :-)

Great pics! I haven't seen many pics of the Egyptian AW139 Agusta Westland helicopters. The one flying with the Seasprite looks like CG SAR/EVAC or something along those lines. Need more discussion on this thread, but at least the pics are excellent.

8 new Rafale for Egypt in 2017

32455.thumb.jpg.59b73a90fc6f9c1f60e76f848ff37b41.jpg

160118-D-XT155-002A.JPG

PanoplieRAFALE_DASSAULT_A4-2.jpg

Looking back at this nice post, Qatar received their first Rafale last month IIRC and they painted it in a very cool camo, somewhat resembling their Mirage 2000's. There were also pics of that aircraft being tested with the rear pilot using the Targo HMD (Helmet Mounted Display) and later the front seater was tested with it. Even though it's an Israeli developed or co/developed system, I'm sure the Qataris know that if they ordered them and don't care. Even the CFT's on the F-16 blk 52's were Israeli developed and are on many AF's that use the Blk 52 including Pakistan and the EAF. Times have changed, lol. It will be very interesting to see if the EAF takes full advantage of the superb avionics technology on these Rafales and end up using some type of HMD or HMCS for its weaponry. The aircraft already supports incredible systems like the data fusion tech that it would be nice to see EAF pilots with the best helmet systems to take full advantage of all these superb systems it has.

It will take a while but I'm also curious to see how they integrate the different aircraft, if they do at all or if we even get to find out. Considering the F-16 upgrades and with the Blk-52's having the built-in IFF systems and their older blk 40's didn't, perhaps that's part of the upgrade that will help combine all the jets' IFF systems to the latest. Will there be a need for IFF integration between the US, French and eventually the MiG-35's? I'm curious how many MiG35 and MiG35D's (single/twin seats) the EAF will get. Will they get the TVC nozzles option on them or not? That would be very cool. If anyone knows, please share.

@Gomig-21

- Our Migs will be 46 single seater and 4 double seater
- Qatar didn't receive any of their Rafale's as testing is not even done yet.
- Qatari helmets was purely developed by Israel and it needs to be integrated and linked to the jet software on the other hand you mentioned that CFT were developed by Israel which is wrong and it's not a critical thing since it can't be jammed or bugged , this
- you can adjust every IFF system just if they can use the same mode ( mode 1,2,3,4 or 5) you can read @Frogman comment here about it

@Gomig-21

- Our Migs will be 46 single seater and 4 double seater
- Qatar didn't receive any of their Rafale's as testing is not even done yet.
- Qatari helmets was purely developed by Israel and it needs to be integrated and linked to the jet software on the other hand you mentioned that CFT were developed by Israel which is wrong and it's not a critical thing since it can't be jammed or bugged , this
- you can adjust every IFF system just if they can use the same mode ( mode 1,2,3,4 or 5) you can read @Frogman comment here about it
Egypt will receive 52 Mig-35/29 advanced.. 46 (bought) single seater and 6 double seater (gifted by Russia)..

Funny how there are a few different numbers out there for this order. I asked because it seemed like most of the prototypes we've seen so far have been MiG-35D's but when they showed production pics and unveiling, they had a few single seats. Typically their D's are trainers, like the UM models, hence the lower numbers of those 2-seaters. I don't think the sanctions on Russia have anything to do with the different reports of quantities since 50 or 52 is not much different. Typical Russian crap! lol.

It will be nice if the A/C's include the TVC option. I also hope they ordered them with Zhuk-AE radar and not the Zhuk-ME. MiG's site says both are available and also the Zhuk-AME but that was only unveiled last year. That might be a while before it will be available in the MiG-35, but maybe not and we'll be surprised to see it in this order. Wouldn't that be nice?

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention haha. Testing is very near completion and the paint scheme SUPPOSEDLY has been revealed, and is very nice but departing from the Rafale dark grey raising some questions as to the RCS of these Qatari Rafales. Still, a beauty. EQ01

attachment.php

Egyptian and Indian jets will stay the standard dark grey and we'll have to see what the UAE jets get for paint treatment. Long ways from now.

Yep, the Targo II on the Qatari system is Israeli built (and "purely" like you said) and the CFT were CO/developed (sorry I forgot to put the "co") with Lockheed Martin Skunk Works and Israel's IAI way back when they were the first to get the Blk 52. Their role was in the design element IIRC. They've even been consultants on the proposed Blk 60+ that was offered to India for their MMRCA competition. That was the CARTS (Conformal Air Refueling Tanker System).

Also, the point was not "jamming" or anything like that, beleive me I'm the last one to give them any undeserved credit. Like I said, times have changed, I guess, since 10 years ago and prior it was inconceivable that any Muslim/Arab country would buy anything that Israel had its hands on or a star of David stamp on it lol. That was my point. I remember the Algerians freaking out when they opened up one of their Su-30's for maintenance and found all sorts of Israeli equipment. Hard to believe they didn't know that the Russians use a lot of Israeli stuff. If jamming or sabotage or knowing how to defeat the technology is a concern, then we'll have to keep an eye on our MiG-35's! Those avionics will be loaded with Israeli crap! I hope our teams have some solution to dealing with this factor, not sure how.

I was referring to the IFF sensors (Bird Shredders) that are on the block 52's and do not exist on any of the previous block 40's and older, meaning their IFF is not the same, regardless of mode or not. I couldn't remember if the Viper upgrade included this IFF upgrade or not. I think it does. I could be wrong but that is an obvious thing to see. I'll look at the link, thanks.

Last edited:
Su-35 and mig-29M/35 are 100% russian

@Gomig-21
These Mig-35/29M/M2 advanced are being custom made for Egypt, there are new components that Egypt has invested in their R&D and even Russia does not have on its Migs yet, Egypt will get them firs.. these Egyptian Migs are going to be Awesome, hope they will get a good AESA radar, that is the only new tech that is missing for now..they might get some very good PESA in the first batches and AESA will follow in next batches.. but it will be better to have all of them with a good AESA radar..
The same will go for the 29 SU-35 concerning customization, but without the issue of the AESA radar, since it has a very good one already..

Last edited:
These Mig-35/29M/M2 advanced are being custom made for Egypt, there are new components that Egypt has invested in their R&D and even Russia does not have on its Migs yet, Egypt will get them first,, these Egyptian Migs are going to be Awesome, hope they will get a good AESA radar, that is the only new tech that is missing for now,,they might get some very good PESA in the first batches and AESA will follow in next batches.. but it will be better to have all of them with a good AESA radar..
The same will go for the 29 SU-35 concerning customization, but without the issue of the AESA radar, since it has a very good one already..

According to the presentation which we posted pics of, they announced these new MiG-35's will be initially equipped with the standard RD-33MK engines and the Zhuk-ME radar which targets up to 10 targets at 160km and prioritizes the 4 most dangerous ones. But MiG's site claims the Zhuk-AE (AESA) is also available (and has been around for a bit) which targets up to 30 targets and prioritizes 6 for the pilot. It also states that the Zhuk-AME (AESA) which also targets 30 and prioritizes the first 6 most dangerous ones but is also very heavy in ECM and all weather will be an option but the problem with that one is its availability in time since it was only unveiled last year at the Zuhai show in China. The range of the Zhuk-AE and AME is greater than the vanilla ME. The presentation focused more on what the RuAF is getting and so we don't know exactly which will be in any particular export models. Russians don't give out that info so much and leave it to the buyers to do so. As Egyptians, I would think we should all be very disappointed if these don't come with at least the Zhuk-AE (AESA) radar.

Last edited:
According to the presentation which we posted pics of, they announced these new MiG-35's will be initially equipped with the standard RD-33MK engines and the Zhuk-ME radar which targets up to 10 targets at 160km and prioritizes the 4 most dangerous ones. But MiG's site claims the Zhuk-AE (AESA) is also available (and has been around for a bit) which targets up to 30 targets and prioritizes 6 for the pilot. It also states that the Zhuk-AME (AESA) which also targets 30 and prioritizes the first 6 most dangerous ones but is also very heavy in ECM and all weather will be an option but the problem with that one is its availability in time since it was only unveiled last year at the Zuhai show in China. The range of the Zhuk-AE and AME is greater than the vanilla ME. The presentation focused more on what the RuAF is getting and so we don't know exactly which will be in any particular export models. Russians don't give out that info so much and leave it to the buyers to do so. As Egyptians, I would think we should all be very disappointed if these don't come with at least the Zhu-AE (AESA) radar.
I think (based on some facts) that the first 6 Mig-35D for training that are coming to Egypt don't have an AESA radar, since the latter are still in testing mode, or if they have one it will be the Zhuk-ME (that is why there is a little delay), and the rest 46 Mig-35 that will follow will all have at least the Zhuk-AE (AESA)..Since its tests will be over..

I think (based on some facts) that the first 6 Mig-35D for training that are coming to Egypt don't have an AESA radar, since the latter are still in testing mode, or if they have one it will be the Zhuk-ME (that is why there is a little delay), and the rest 46 Mig-35 that will follow will all have at least the Zhuk-AE (AESA)..Since its tests will be over..
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already 22 Doppler radar was ordered for our migs , the aesa radar is not anywhere near ready even the russian orders will not be placed before 2019

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already 22 Doppler radar was ordered for our migs , the aesa radar is not anywhere near ready even the russian orders will not be placed before 2019
Any source will be helpful.. because the Mig-35 without an AESA radar loses half of its image.. I hope not..

"The fighter should be fully operational in 2020."

"The only interested state so far aside from Russia, Egypt, has ordered 50 MiG-35s."

"The MiG-35’s most noteworthy improvement is its Zhuk-MA AESA radar, an active electronically scanned array — which is a critically important part of the jet."

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...s-know-about-russias-new-mig-35-fighter-18939

There are so many conflicting dates and news, that anyone will get confused.. might be done on purpose or not, but most Egyptian officials talked about Mig-29M/M2 advanced,the Russians reer to the Egyptian new acquired Migs as Mig-35..
All we know for sure is that 92 Engines were ordered and will all be delivered by the end of 2019.. There has never been any official mention of the Radar on board, although there was much talk on the avionics suites and the electronics.. So let's wait and see..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom