What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egyptian Navy F971 El-Fateh Gowind 2500 sea trials

C6_kRuoXEAAzIyP.jpg:large

First Ka-52 tail number "70 red" for Egypt being tested in Korenovsk this past January.
The helicopter is fitted with four underwing hardpoints capable of carrying 80/120 mm air-to-surface rockets, 9A4172 Vikhr-M (AT-12) laser-guided air-to-surface missiles, Igla or R-73 (AA-11 'Archer') air-to-air missiles, Kh-25MP (AS-12 'Kegler') anti-radiation missiles and FAB-500 bombs. Fixed armament comprises a 30 mm 2A42 gun with up to 240 rounds of ammunition.

Source;
http://weaponews.com/news/1214-the-first-ka-52-for-egypt-is-being-tested.html

c2a269830b77f3ba51b926334aa43a9c.jpg

Nice video of some of the interesting functions on the Ka-52. Russian production.

9718.jpg

9728.jpg

9739.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice oldie from 1982.

during-a-ceremony-at-cairo-west-air-base-in-1982-egypt-received-the-DB91P5.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! At first I had no idea how my post said that #70 was for Egypt, but then I realized what happened - I tried correcting the article's grammar in the portions that I copied and pasted which appeared to be a terrible google translation from Russian to English and somehow ended up writing that particular Ka-52 in the picture was the one being tested when the article didn't even say that! I thought I proof-read it but I missed it. No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose. My bad. I was mostly concentrating on highlighting the helo's capability of firing the R-73. I think that's a great feature. Also the dual, counter rotating propellers obviously eliminate the need for the tail rotor which (my guess) is that these must be much easier to fly than conventional helicopters, making them even easier to take-off and land off floating decks. I also think that the fact these birds have ejection seats is amazing. Plus the wings are huge for a massive weapon's load. Apaches lack several of these elements.

Thank gawd. Looks like someone vomited the old egg splatter camo on it.

Russians usually have great and innovative camos but that one there looks like what you said, or they took it to a preschool and gave a bunch of 5-year old's paint and brushes and told them to paint it themselves lmao! :D

I personally think they'll either be the same light blue/grey like the Seasprites or possibly a darker Navy Blue like that old Egyptian Sea King. I would find it hard to believe that they would paint them in the desert sand camo, even if many of their missions will be land oriented. What do you think?

Welcome to Pakistan:pakistan:
Egypt-Pakistan Friendship

You know, I lived in Rawalpindi for 2 years back in the mid-70's. I was a kid back then lol but I remember it very well. Beautiful people and country.

I personally think they'll either be the same light blue/grey like the Seasprites or possibly a darker Navy Blue like that old Egyptian Sea King. I would find it hard to believe that they would paint them in the desert sand camo, even if many of their missions will be land oriented. What do you think?

The order is for land based Ka-52 Alligators not the naval variant (Ka-52 Katran). The latter is still under evaluation as part of an international tender.

I would like to see them in the same colour as the Apaches. Would look incredibly menacing.

Back
Top Bottom