What's new

Egypt Sidelines Rafale Jets For SU-35s; Claims Only Russian Jets Can Match US/Israeli War Planes

F-15 is really old design. 1970s plane. Huge RCS. Bad aerodynamics compared to newer designs. SA and QA may look fancy in the cockpit but the age shows.
But it still hosts the modern avionics in its belly, as long as it hits Mach 2 and has the best of missiles/bombs they’re welcomed.

Yes, at least Ik that Iraq cannot maintain the F-16s on their own till now.
But the Saudis aren’t failing, they don’t have a significant ground intervention in Yemen but they put decent effort in airstrikes, they destroy launchers and depots etc... just like what Israel does to Assadists or what Turkey does to the PKK, they kill their enemies through airstrikes and cripple them. No Saudi tanks are involved in the war in Yemen.
That what most Arab news reports..but it is difficult to believe that..In fact the Houthis are having the upper hand..no Saudi city is immune from their attacks..we see it every day...

Egypt never sidelined the Rafale..there are at least 12 more to come if not 24..
Egypt procured both the Rafale and the SU-35 as high-end fighters and systems to counter the threat of the F-35 "procured" by Usrael..
Rafale and Su-35 are no match for F-35....

The Rafale with the Meteor is about as good as it gets and not much out there to compete with that package, especially with SPECTRA in full mode. But your comment about Russian BVR hardly has any merits. The ERBIS-E with the RVV-SD is on par with the AIM-120C-7 and then there's a slew of missiles that are on the same range level as the AIM-120D like the R-37M which is actually more if I'm not mistaken and the R-27 in many of its forms is a super BVR missile. So the Russian systems can certainly carry their own.
The new radar on Eurofighter typhoon is superior to Rafale.

There is nothing wrong with Russian flankers. Leave it to Indians to degrade perfectly good plane just bcz they lost due to their own incompetence. SU 35 is a beast and matches any Chinese or western jet out there.
SU-35 is a sitting duck for F-35.... F-35 is revolutionary .

SU-35 is a sitting duck for F-35.... F-35 is revolutionary .

F35 is stealth whereas SU35 is 4.5 Gen at best so there is really no comparison. I was comparing fourth gen aircraft's in different countries. Only competition to F35 out there right now is Chinese built FC-31.

F35 is stealth whereas SU35 is 4.5 Gen at best so there is really no comparison. I was comparing fourth gen aircraft's in different countries. Only competition to F35 out there right now is Chinese built FC-31.
Egypt didn't go for the Su-35 to replace the rejected Su-35 deal, it was to replace the F-15 program Egypt rejected.
And, it is connected to the Resonance-ne radar that Egypt has, allowing it to locate stealth aircrafts at least when flying in the region:
WPT5JnC5_-bjxqAV6xmDQLfNVG4TbwR8hWJaAVcpttWplsjdOWG1SrILU_httXwT8Q8kScgMCSfXZfTnIqjFLMGGlPzhd6uaMs0h-rZSM8at5J3MIzS26gCBXKOVpC682H0uGjPJ8Lo9NRBcPmx3Bm6gjTn_2v6AkZJ0Ci2QnCN9CDJL-Otz6dP9dNC8g8zr6Vta9iC9by3TtaZdVpcXIubI8JVK0FEFhpyPCM-uymG6n6oVJPXm8b2PoFWQb2B5GogMRR0lmYQMwKFFgZwj35FzTu2VPmZ4_-nk6x8mZ1Kq5iD1X0FqgqLRGAKP9QdEsamWJUzRRD0xt16EDNqcXtotH7u71DvfRzUpCa2qbYLVBQdS94mKl-5Sfw_i4HKfxbZBd3p74KANonJiH8arn4g1WnLb15nCUY6I9DpQy5dNXcVtiSYDWQ2hIjz2w3cUdNaduPH7z-ussmng0vL43rxfQ21ilpwXNt5KjKcdK893NmJ-ITWUlKGiU94Zmhhzqwz_IExVWAuRzeOJNLZu1_N1A9BFpmp2qEkgQEXbx_8ONo5KNJ81XeRLktR500Wl2PfotRipqsalL9sOyCzox4Ap_0JoLhHGWS-FdS7Kg26KqPBV1SoIZzK9LDsg2KF20lYGRdcsUhSKQHGJo-y4gvvrcb5fW86FBpLMK91pGn83HfnSEHbZelvnj2SQq0lpCRKCqRrshvZIE-ESXfDPuBXZons6MVhrofQhTtJsseULZq0kdAM11fhI4xg0YDKQ3taca6y2qOJ0UTlvYgxgAzED0ZReKL_oJcoKJA

Till the Su-35 gets an AESA radar, it'll only be able to detect stealth fighters within 500-700KM off the Gulf of Suez (My estimates) though the ground based radar.

Last edited:
FC-31 is just a demonstrator ... the real thing to look at will be the J-35 which is coming out next year. It will take many years for the J-35 to achieve the level where the F-35 is at.

FC-31 is just a demonstrator ... the real thing to look at will be the J-35 which is coming out next year. It will take many years for the J-35 to achieve the level where the F-35 is at.

F-35 is basically junk anyway. A poor man's solution to F-22.

Ever since India acquired the Rafale it’s been called essentially junk by Pakistanis on PDF. No one wants it. No one uses it. But it was only a few years ago that Pakistan was thinking of purchasing the same aircraft.

The article is sourced from a dubious Russian publication which, not surprisingly, is pushing the Su-35 as a better product.
Where has it been called Junk?
Please provide an exact link..
I can understand being equated to “Junk” when flown by an Indian pilot but the PAF holds the Rafale in high regard and that has been echoed throughout the forum.

Where has it been called Junk?
Please provide an exact link..
I can understand being equated to “Junk” when flown by an Indian pilot but the PAF holds the Rafale in high regard and that has been echoed throughout the forum.
:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom