What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

If the Saudi's do not have long term vision, according to you, then is it not your duty to share your long term vision with them, as they too are our brothers, are they not?

Saudi's have done quite a bit for Bangladesh and many other Muslim countries, the least we could do is show some gratitude and try to give advice, if we see mistakes in their strategy.

Marking them as our enemy, I think is wrong strategy, then that will prompt them more to lean towards our enemy.

Who gave you right to dictate what is one's duty or can discuss??? Saudis did lots of things for Bangladesh in the past but that does not exempt them from liability they are creating by supporting cold blooded genocide. As for today, Saudis are more aligned with indian plan and wishes than Bangladesh. Besides, when I am talking about Saudis, these are house of Saud and elite class who are plundering saudi wealth, I am not talking about general Saudi population. NO ONE making Saudis enemy except few elites representing house of Saud point of view. So DON'T propagate falsehood for your agenda.

Who gave you right to dictate what is one's duty or can discuss??? Saudis did lots of things for Bangladesh in the past but that does not exempt them from liability they are creating by supporting cold blooded genocide. As for today, Saudis are more aligned with indian plan and wishes than Bangladesh. Besides, when I am talking about Saudis, these are house of Saud and elite class who are plundering saudi wealth, I am not talking about general Saudi population. NO ONE making Saudis enemy except few elites representing house of Saud point of view. So DON'T propagate falsehood for your agenda.

Do you have a workable plan to overthrow the House of Saud working with the rest of the Saudi oppressed population? I didn't think so, so next time come back with a better approach to deal with them, instead of this righteous and sanctimonious nonsense.

It is for clueless people like you that MB in Egypt is in bad shape today. And MB in Egypt are not even Assad and Iran supporter like you are.

What say you brother @islamrules

Last edited by a moderator:
MB figure Safwat Hegazy sells both (ousted) President Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood when questioned by the authorities.

For you non Arabic speakers:

Firstly, he swears to god (multiple times) that if he knew there was one knife in Rab3a that he would have been the first person to leave.

Secondly, he repeatedly swears to god that he isn't a member of the MB. He then says something unintelligible about terrorism (If someone can make it out I would appreciate that) and continues by saying how incompetent the MB were.

Furthermore, he says he isn't against the ouster of Morsi nor is he against his prosecution.

That's the general gist of it.

Do you have a workable plan to overthrow the House of Saud working with the rest of the Saudi oppressed population? I didn't think so, so next time come back with a better approach to deal with them, instead of this righteous and sanctimonious nonsense.

It is for clueless people like you that MB in Egypt is in bad shape today. And MB in Egypt are not even Assad and Iran supporter like you are.

You don't have any answer when your whishy washy bs can not withstand challenge of logic and reality. But you are asking for plan, are you that smart? Perhaps you need to grow habit of reading geo strategic games better rather than coming up with nonsense plan and support for genocide. No wonder we did not hear anything better from you. Oh, just brandishing your academic merit does not mean a jack for many things in the world. Your utterly poor reading of geo politics and forecast shows what I meant. Hope you have that realization by now.

Looks like skinning of liberals started in liberal (Saudi) style by liberal supported court. That is epic justice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Egypt's ElBaradei faces court for 'betrayal of trust'

Mohamed ElBaradei, Egypt's former vice president, will be sued in court for a "betrayal of trust" over his decision to quit the army-backed government in protest at its bloody crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood.

The case, brought by an Egyptian law professor, will be heard in a Cairo court on September 19, judicial sources said on Tuesday.

It points to the prospect of a new wave of politically driven lawsuits being brought to court following the downfall of President Mohamed Morsi, whose supporters brought a raft of cases against opposition figures during his year in power.

The cases, many of them for "insulting the president", have been criticized by anti-government activists as a form of political intimidation.

ElBaradei, former head of the UN nuclear agency and co-leader of the secular National Salvation Front, was the most prominent liberal to endorse the military's overthrow of President Mohamed Morsi on August 3 following mass protests.

But he made new enemies on August 14 by resigning after security forces used force to crush the protest camps set up by Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood supporters in Cairo, killing hundreds of people.

The military's intervention against Morsi has polarized public opinion in Egypt and around 900 people have died in violence across the country over the past week.

The case was filed by Sayyed Ateeq, a law professor at Helwan University.

"I raised a case against Dr. ElBaradei. He was appointed in his capacity as a representative of the NSF and the majority of the people who signed the Tamarod declaration," he told Reuters, referring to the coalition that led the anti-Morsi protests.

"Dr. ElBaradei was entrusted with this position and he had a duty to go back to those who entrusted him and ask to resign."

Ateeq said that, if found guilty, ElBaradei could face a three year jail sentence. But a judicial source said the maximum sentence that could be imposed in a case of this kind was a fine and a suspended jail term.

Full report:
Egypt's ElBaradei faces court for 'betrayal of trust' - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

the fall of the house of Saud is n will be the greatest geo political change in the century bc it means the caliphate will be established n muslims will rule the world ,I can not hide how exited I am for this idea, their fall is a certainty n no one of the Saudi muslim members can deny it bc the correct hadit speaks about tribulations that shall engulf the Arabic Peninsula, it shall be caused by a conflict over power between 3 princes all sons of the same king , that means the house of Saud will collapse from the inside when Allah wills it, n then the Mahdi shall run from these tribulations to Mecca where he will be given bay'a allegiance by the muslims . until then we r stuck with them :hitwall:

Too many Pharaohs: Why the Egyptian revolution failed

1dacd550-8c65-11e0-89c6-de65b5316886_UUIDgiza-lpi3728_17.jpg

Two years ago, I had just returned from a symposium at Cairo University on “The Nonviolent Revolution in Egypt: Learned Lessons.” What a difference two years have made for the hopes and dreams of Egyptians for a transition to democracy after the decades of autocratic rule by Hosni Mubarak.

The symposium was jointly sponsored by the Center for Civilization Studies and Dialogue of Cultures (CCSDC) at the Department of Political Science at Cairo University, the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame. Many of those who had led the January 25 revolution, so identified with the protests in Tahrir Square, were present at the conference. Hopes were high that Egypt was beginning a successful transition to democracy.

As I asked in my 2011 On Faith column, written after I returned from this conference in Egypt, “Can the ‘spirit of Tahrir Square’ survive in the transition to democracy?”

The answer to that question in 2013 is, decisively, no.

Now the streets and squares of Cairo, places we walked in 2011 to get to and from this conference on nonviolence, are lit with burning cars and stained with blood, as photos of the continuing violence in Egypt show.

What happened?

What happened is that there continued to be “too many Pharaohs” in Egypt, too many historically entrenched centers of power. There was no real revolution.

Two years ago, at the conference, as we discussed the possibility of a transition to democracy in Egypt, Dr. Pakynam Al-Shakarawi, director of the CCSDC, and others, warned that Egyptians needed to find a “third way” beyond the old entrenched powers. Many agreed a “third way” was critical for the transition. “We need to let go of our old ideologies and find a new ideology,” said Ahmed Abdul-Fattah, a video journalist.

A “third way” has eluded Egyptians, and instead ideologies have become more hardened.

As seen in the book of Exodus, there is a biblical lesson here, in terms of the violence that can result when absolute power is confronted.

Exodus tells how the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt, and how they escaped after a confrontation between the Pharaoh of the time and Moses, the Israelite leader. Millennia ago in Egypt, absolute power and absolute rule went together in the figures of the Pharaohs. These rulers held total power and were thought to be the earthly manifestations of gods. Moses tried to convince Pharaoh to let the Israelite slaves go free, but that Pharaoh “hardened his heart” (Exodus 8:32) and refused. The slaves escaped, and Pharaoh and his army were destroyed.

Absolute power does not try to find a “third way” as spoken of by leaders at the conference two years ago in Cairo on nonviolence. Absolute power “hardens” its position, and violence is normally the result..

It is not a compliment in contemporary Egypt to call someone a Pharaoh. It is a synonym for tyrant. In this current Egyptian conflict, being a Pharaoh can mean having an entrenched ideology and refusing to find the “third way.”

Tragically, this is pretty much what has happened in Egypt, except there are more Pharaohs involved, that is, more groups who are determined to hold absolute power.

Control of the economy is one huge area of struggle. There is tremendous anger in Egypt about the failure of the economy to deliver decent jobs for people. That was a grievance I heard frequently at the conference in Cairo, but one that continues today. It fueled anger at the rule of President Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood for contributing to the downward economic spiral.

There is also the profound ideological struggle, the Islamist/liberal divide, as Shadi Hamid, research fellow at Brookings, and expert on Islamist political parties and democratic reform in the Arab world, has said. “You can compromise on how to run the economy. But when it comes to the very nature of the state, there is a real divide in Egyptian society about how those things should look.”

That is, no “third way” was found and now the violent crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood by the military, as well as labeling the Brotherhood “terrorists,” has made the divide even wider.

The U.S. and its allies were close to a peace deal to end the crisis in Egypt. But the “military backed government” hardened its heart and moved ahead with a violent suppression of the pro-Morsi protestors.

The Muslim Brotherhood then called for a “Day of Rage,” and more deaths and injuries occurred.

Attacks on Coptic Christians and their churches by pro-Morsi groups have also resulted in fatalities, as political violence, with a sectarian edge, continues to escalate. Coptic Christians have long felt persecuted in Egypt, and opposed the rule of Morsi and the Brotherhood. They also backed the military coup that overthrew the Morsi regime.

The violence now threatens to spiral out of control in Egypt, and many Egyptians still look to the military to provide order.

The liberals and secularists in Egypt by and large backed the military’s overthrow of Morsi, and they have been adopting the military’s line that crushing the pro-Morsi protests is a “War on Terror.”

A significant exception to this is Egyptian Vice President Mohamed ElBaradei, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, who resigned from the interim government in protest over the security forces’ use of such violence against the protestors. “I saw that there were peaceful ways to end this clash in society; there were proposed and acceptable solutions for beginnings that would take us to national consensus,” he wrote in a resignation letter. “It has become difficult for me to continue bearing responsibility for decisions that I do not agree with and whose consequences I fear. I cannot bear the responsibility for one drop of blood.”

Another “third way” option closed.

Despite ElBaradei’s words and principled action, however, the Egyptian military is still widely trusted in Egypt, even after the recent bloodshed. I was truly amazed at this sense, represented even two years ago at the conference on nonviolence in Cairo, that the military is the protector of the people.

The military has its own agenda, in my view, and it is not democracy.

It is crucial that these groups recognize, as Dahlia Kholaif wrote for Al Jazeera, that the military, has “vast” economic interests. She quotes Robert Springborg, an expert on Egypt’s armed forces and a professor in the department of national security at the Naval Postgraduate School in California. “The question isn’t what sectors do they invest in, but rather: is there a sector that they don’t invest in?”

Far from being the “protector of the people,” the military surely has, as its primary goal, protecting its vast economic interests.

The reason the Egyptian revolution of 2011 failed is because it wasn’t a revolution. It was a genuine protest movement by the Egyptian people, but the outcome was merely a change of players at the top, orchestrated by the military. The Muslim Brotherhood consistently manipulated and consolidated its own power through and after the elections; yet corrupt Mubarak-era figures continued. And when the military didn’t like that outcome, they moved the players around again.

The Egyptian military is the biggest Pharaoh in the room, and it has been, for a very long time.

Dr. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite is Professor of Theology at Chicago Theological Seminary and its immediate past President. She is also a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. Her most recent book is #OccupytheBible: What Jesus Really Said (and Did) About Money and Power.

Too many Pharaohs: Why the Egyptian revolution failed

Mali jihadist group expands, vows attacks in Egypt

NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania (AP) — A Malian jihadist group says it is joining forces with Islamic extremists who are loyal to the alleged mastermind of an attack on an Algerian gas plant.

In the statement posted Thursday on a Mauritanian web site, the newly aligned forces are also vowing to stage attacks in Egypt.

The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa, which seized control of Gao in northern Mali last year, was later forced to retreat into the desert after the French-led military intervention.

It says it is now joining forces with Moktar Belmoktar, who broke away from al-Qaida's North African branch to start his own group.

The statement was carried by the Nouakchott Information Agency, which is often used by jihadists in West Africa to post messages.
http://www.newsdaily.com/world/8092...-jihadist-group-expands-vows-attacks-in-egypt :cuckoo:

The barrier of fear is returning. It is coming back stronger than before. The police were humiliated after the January 25 revolution and they want to restore their authority... The excuse will be anti-terrorism, the same excuse Bashar al-Assad uses in Syria," he said. "We'll end up a jungle like Syria."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE97K0Z220130821?irpc=932

@Frogman
@agentny17

is it correct that the court have ordered prison to release other dictator Mobarak ??
as time goes by you have more dictattors..Now they turn Egypt to heaven together..

@Frogman
@agentny17

is it correct that the court have ordered prison to release other dictator Mobarak ??
as time goes by you have more dictattors..Now they turn Egypt to heaven together..

Released and put under house arrest until his retrial for being complicit in the killing of protesters (which hes already been convicted of). The same thing would have happened under Morsi. This is a result of a judicial process that's been going on for quite some time.

@Frogman
@agentny17

House arrest??? the man is going to live free as a bird, with his Billions, he will be like a God father figure all his old muppets will be there and he will rule behind the scene

Morsi was taken to the same prison Mubarak was held at, make my words this SOB went to meet him and gloat

All dramabaazi

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom