What's new

EDEX 2018: Egypt eyes JF-17 Thunder Block-III

True, PAF/PAC did a poor marketing job on a very capable platform; I blame this on the desi mentality of calling anything cheap or discounted it didn't play well into the marketing of this plane. We can fix this issue with Block III and hopefully hire a proper marketing team.

Only issue I had with posters above is their lack of technical knowledge and calling it a trainer plane? No one reputable defense analyst has said anything of the sort, and even if Egyptian AF Personal said it these members should realize their officers hold no weight in giving any analysis. Guess we shouldn't worry about the opinion of sheep.

But as your said for us this plane suits out needs due to our projected theater of war.

Hi,

Regarding the two seater---we created this problem ie the Paf---first they stated we did not need a two seater---our pilots are capable to get into the single seater and fly comfortably---.

When they manufactured the 2 seater---they touted it is a training platform as well and not as a strike platform---.

Again the Paf lowered the expectations of this aircraft out of negligence and incompetence of thought and presentation---.

Now after all this---it would not be easy to present this platform as a strike option---.

So---we cannot blame the egyptians for what they believe in about this aircraft---.

My bad I was referring to the first post

BTW Where’s the article showing Egyptian interest in 2020
Is block III here yet?
These news came 2 years ago when Pakistan announced the start of the new design for the JF-17 block III..

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I believe, if by any chance China and Egypt sort out a deal for Block 3, Engine will be the issue and Russia will be the reason. They wouldn’t want Egypt to buy from someone else when they themselves are supplying their Mig-35 and Mig-29 in order to avoid losing a customer and possibly follow up order for Mig-35.

Key is the engine similarity of Thunders and MIG-35 that why Block lll will be most suitable for Egyptian Light Single engine need. Local maintenance and overhaul will be the key player.

What do you say ? Russia will give or will not ?
Did you know that Egypt is a comprehensive strategic partner of Russia..?
Hence the Engines won't be a problem..and the commonality with the Mig's engine will just make the maintenance much easier..

Mig-35 or M/M2 advanced..are medium weight fighters..while the JF-17 all blocks is a light weight fighter, so even when Egypt buys another 50 Mig-35.. there is is still room in the EAF for a light weight fighter..

Last edited:
Lol, If you think Pakistan will end, You are delusional.

Indus valley civilization is even older than Your Egyptian Civilization which is full of ruthless kings.

Our nation was born to be leader, Unlike you.

Talk to me with the same words in 10 years.

Remember, You have a small foe, You have a military on par with Pakistan, while Pakistan has a foe 15 times larger than Your foe israel.

We have kept our enemy on toe. Just imagine what we would have done with your enemy. Have you forgotten how your neighbour jordan asked for PAF pilots and how our Pilot SaifulAzam fu’ked up IAF jets ?

Go get a life.

I will make sure to bring this post back to your face once A thunder shoots down IAF rafale in future, same rafale that you are purchasing.

Get ready...
Lol, If you think Pakistan will end, You are delusional.

Indus valley civilization is even older than Your Egyptian Civilization which is full of ruthless kings.

Our nation was born to be leader, Unlike you.

Talk to me with the same words in 10 years.

Remember, You have a small foe, You have a military on par with Pakistan, while Pakistan has a foe 15 times larger than Your foe israel.

We have kept our enemy on toe. Just imagine what we would have done with your enemy which is tiny and an embarrassment for your “Mighty Egypt”. Have you forgotten how your neighbour jordan asked for PAF pilots and how our Pilot SaifulAzam fu’ked up IAF jets ?

Go get a life.

I will make sure to bring this post back to your face once A thunder shoots down IAF rafale in future, same rafale that you are purchasing.

Get ready...
buddy now you know why tango was angry .

Is block III here yet?
These news came 2 years ago when Pakistan announced the start of the new design for the JF-17 block III..

they have finalized the design after 3rd prototype. In such case, i believe production is underway.

buddy now you know why tango was angry .
I was pointing out the inaccurate arguments of @Trango Towers , Wasn’t disagreeing with him entirely.

@Trango Towers Bro, You can defend this country all you want as it is our duty to, But also try to do the same thing with professional approach, one that doesnt give a chance for another party to come up with logical arguments.

they have finalized the design after 3rd prototype. In such case, i believe production is underway.
Chacha G,
Tesra prototype abhi kahan bana, or is it that the one which flew was PT-1, And the two being produced this year are PT-2 and PT-3 or the ones being produced this year are the first two serial productions ? As these two will be eventually inducted so I don’t think they are to be called prototypes anymore ?

Ha ha ha ha
It is clear that there is a real problem for the Pakistanis. They deal hostile against the Egyptians, perhaps due to other things, sympathy for the terrorist groups, the Muslim Brotherhood, and also as a result of their sympathy for the Turks, so we find an unfriendly tone for dealing.

To clarify a very important point, the JF-17 failed to attract the attention of any real or effective air force, even the Pakistanis themselves turned it into a ground attack by using Israeli scoring ASELPOD with a Turkish name.
View attachment 622624

The plane is modest and Egypt used it as a tool to obtain the best MiG-Mi 29 planes with various armament and also a continuous development program for it followed by obtaining the SU-35
Malaysia, Azerbaijan and other countries put it in comparison with the advanced training planes yak-130,
M346
Argentina favored the T-50 advanced training plane

Even Qatar was considering replacing it with Alpha jet

And the fact that Egypt had 45 Alpha jet and the JF-17B is a good alternative to the Alpha jet training plane if we take into account that the JF-17B was sold to Myanmar at a price of $ 16 million for 16 aircraft, therefore Egypt can get this plane at a better price less than the Pakistani assessments in Failed plane pricing because simply there is stiff competition from competing training planes, the Russians supply the YAk-130 radar BARS-130 even if it is not AESA radar but it will also keep the plane's low pricing of munitions at $ 15.5 million
We will not talk about the competing M346 plane that Italy has offered for the JF-17 less advanced electronic equipment
We will not talk about the Chinese competition in the FTC-2000G plane, which is priced at 10 million dollars, and it will be exported by the WS-13 to raise its capabilities to the level of the Pakistani plane, but at a much lower cost.
View attachment 622627
Let us invite Egypt to be convinced of the JF-17 as an advanced training plane that in this case you may be interested in against M346 / YAK-130 / T-7A
View attachment 622628

Away from the Pakistani national pride, but all the global air force does not accept the Pakistani JF-17 , and the Pakistanis themselves feel a need to fight the reality of facing the best aircraft of the Indian Air Force.

Egypt, if there is any benefit in the Pakistani plane, that it was ignorant of a year 2003
Oh yeah,

Why don’t you make up a something better than Thunder yourself instead of begging KSA for money to buy Russian junk ?

No russian BVR or Mikoyan plane is worthy against the might of Israel Air force or Turkey.

Keep throwing away the money at junk, apart from rafales, all your acquisitions are meaningless.

I was pointing out the inaccurate arguments of @Trango Towers , Wasn’t disagreeing with him entirely.

@Trango Towers Bro, You can defend this country all you want as it is our duty to, But also try to do the same thing with professional approach, one that doesnt give a chance for another party to come up with logical arguments.
bhai there is a saying that always side your brother when he is fighting even when he is wrong but highlight his mistake when he is alone.
I agree there are lot of bad people in our nation but as a youth like you can change the destiny of our country. Time of baba's has long gone . now you are youth would lead our country.
As far as egypt is concern its upto them what they want we are not forcing them to buy our junk bvr capable without restriction . they have the oprton to buy mighty jets with full strings of sanction .

bhai there is a saying that always side your brother when he is fighting even when he is wrong but highlight his mistake when he is alone.
I agree there are lot of bad people in our nation but as a youth like you can change the destiny of our country. Time of baba's has long gone . now you are youth would lead our country.
As far as egypt is concern its upto them what they want we are not forcing them to buy our junk bvr capable without restriction . they have the oprton to buy mighty jets with full strings of sanction .
Mein ne pehle paray nai the is bewaqoof ke posts.

@Trango Towers Mazrat but do take the lessons as well, everything aside :enjoy::enjoy:

Chacha G,
Tesra prototype abhi kahan bana, or is it that the one which flew was PT-1, And the two being produced this year are PT-2 and PT-3 or the ones being produced this year are the first two serial productions ? As these two will be eventually inducted so I don’t think they are to be called prototypes anymore ?

Oh yeah,

Why don’t you make up a something better than Thunder yourself instead of begging KSA for money to buy Russian junk ?

No russian BVR or Mikoyan plane is worthy against the might of Israel Air force or Turkey.

Keep throwing away the money at junk, apart from rafales, all your acquisitions are meaningless.

Helwan HA-300
was a single-engine, delta-wing, light supersonic interceptor aircraft developed in Egypt during the 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helwan_HA-300

Work on the Egyptian interceptor began in 1959

article_5c30a4364f2068_40964291_large.jpg

HA300V2Helwan.jpg

450px-HA-300_side.jpg

And for your information..Egypt fought Usrael and won the 1973 Ramadan war with mig-21 alone Against the American F-4 phantom , Mirage and sky hawks..these Migs had no radar, could stay less than half an hour in flight and could carry only two air to air missiles.. it is the men who fought..not the machine..You can just imagine what EAF is now..with F-16..still with a 50 Km bvr.. but mostly with Rafale, Mig-35 and SU-35 all with excellent bvr capabilities....Just saying!

You may go to China, if that satisfy your ego!
PAC is anyway occupied with other buyers, who trust Pakistan more than China.
Egypt might buy it from China..and Pakistan will still get its cut anyway..
I believe if Egypt buys it..it will be from both..since Pakistan has a good production line and a very good experience at making them in good numbers..hence the know how.. while China will provide the avionics and other tech..

Last edited:

Helwan HA-300
was a single-engine, delta-wing, light supersonic interceptor aircraft developed in Egypt during the 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helwan_HA-300

Work on the Egyptian interceptor began in 1959

article_5c30a4364f2068_40964291_large.jpg

HA300V2Helwan.jpg

450px-HA-300_side.jpg

And for your information..Egypt fought Usrael and won the 1973 Ramadan war with mig-21 alone Against the American F-4 phantom , Mirage and sky hawks..these Migs had no radar, could stay less than half an hour in flight and could carry only two air to air missiles.. it is the men who fought..not the machine..You can just imagine what EAF is now..with F-16..still with a 50 Km bvr.. but mostly with Rafale, Mig-35 and SU-35 all with excellent bvr capabilities....Just saying!
Are you Egyptian as well ?

I was criticizing him, not egypt or it’s people. He deserved a slappy post for the nonsense.

And btw Halwan was a third Gen fighter, developed initially by spain but then egypt just took all of it by money and the same workforce complete of spain with german engineers resumed their work.
Mossad stopped the program by threatening the engineers and Egypt had to kneel down sadly...

So nothing extra ordinary here, money talks.

Make something with one’s own technical involvement or Dont call it one’s own achievement.

Last edited:
Are you Egyptian as well ?

I was criticizing him, not egypt or it’s people. He deserved a slappy post for the nonsense.

And btw Halwan was a third Gen fighter, developed initially by spain but then egypt just took all of it by money and the same workforce complete of spain with german engineers resumed their work.
Mossad stopped the program by threatening the engineers and Egypt had to kneel down sadly...

So nothing extra ordinary here, money talks.

Make something with one’s own technical involvement or Dont call it one’s own achievement.
It was made by Egyptian Engineers..designed by Wilhelm Messerschmitt..Development of the Egyptian HA-300 started in the test facilities and workshops in Factory No. 36 in Helwan, southeast of Cairo, under the supervision of the Egyptian General Aero Organisation (EGAO), beginning officially in 1959.
The HA-300 was modified for the Egyptian Brandner E-300 engine, whose planned output was to have been 10,600 lbf (47.2 kN) of thrust on afterburner, which would also improve the HA-300's performance..
The Helwan-300 project was cancelled on May 1969. The reason was not publicly stated but financial and political factors likely played a part.

How could you have skipped all this information from the same article..!?

Last edited:
Chacha G,

I didn't exactly get your question!

What i said is:
The one who's pictures were leaked from some Chinese location was the 3rd prototype and that has been finalized for production.
This was the information from the internet... non of my personal intelligence.
If you have info., of two blk3 being under production this year.. that would be limited serial production category and i calculated nothing different!

Just trying to enlighten some people.. maybe they don't know much..
If pdf brigade, have no idea how Israel was pushed back, while once they were at banks of canal Suize, which is 100km from Cairo and why Egypt cherish 10th Ramadan so overwhelmingly.
They better not claim to be expert of Egyptian military and their capabilities.
I my self have read comments on pdf by the declared experts, that Egyptian army is used to sitting in Air-conditioners and good for nothing. While i have seen them patrolling in 50°C in Sinai etc. They are as solid as iron.
Egyptian Airforce pilots are trained from US, how good they are.... may be some Egyptian friend should come and explain to the useless and hateful bunch.
Where i have no doubt... is that in today's date Israel can't even think of going to war with Egypt and why should they! There are no territorial disputes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom