What's new

EDEX 2018: Egypt eyes JF-17 Thunder Block-III

It was made by Egyptian Engineers..designed by Wilhelm Messerschmitt..Development of the Egyptian HA-300 started in the test facilities and workshops in Factory No. 36 in Helwan, southeast of Cairo, under the supervision of the Egyptian General Aero Organisation (EGAO), beginning officially in 1959.
The HA-300 was modified for the Egyptian Brandner E-300 engine, whose planned output was to have been 10,600 lbf (47.2 kN) of thrust on afterburner, which would also improve the HA-300's performance..
The Helwan-300 project was cancelled on May 1969. The reason was not publicly stated but financial and political factors likely played a part.

How could you have skipped all this information from the same article..!?
Had this project been completed, Egypt would have been on a total different level now in terms of local industry...
We got caught in the F-16 dilemma, you got caught with bad politics with regards to toss program. Loss and loss

BTW, I meant no disrespect earlier, that guy asked for it. You will find me praising as well as criticizing everyone where necessary, Be it Arabs, Turks, Iran, India, Israel and even My own country. So I am no biased mind.

So enlighten me of how is local Egyptian industry doing recently ?
What are the future plannings ? I have a saying “Egyptians are the Professor Arabs”, like if you want a nerd or a bookworm arab, go to Egypt, you will find many. High scoring and achieving students of Egypt, bright minds.

So it would be really unimpressive if Egypt isn’t working on big things yet.

Like about fighter programs or trainers. About avionics and Joint ventures. Local assemblies.

In terms of aviation only...
There are 10s of thousands of projects going on ..from mega-projects like building new modern cities all over Egypt to small local very exciting projects and everything in between.. the economy is doing very well..in fact what was achieved in 4-5 years of President Sissi surpasses what was achieved in the last 30 years..

There are 10s of thousands of projects going on ..from mega-projects like building new modern cities all over Egypt to small local very exciting projects and everything in between.. the economy is doing very well..in fact what was achieved in 4-5 years of President Sissi surpasses what was achieved in the last 30 years..
I am talking about defence production.
About your real estate, i already know how booming that sector is right not in Egypt.

Had this project been completed, Egypt would have been on a total different level now in terms of local industry...
We got caught in the F-16 dilemma, you got caught with bad politics with regards to toss program. Loss and loss
That is true.. but you have the URSS at that time proposing cheaper planes to Egypt than what would have been its own fighter.. That also played a role ..

About your real estate, i already know how booming that sector is right not in Egypt.
It is coming very good.. after the end of production of the Abrams very soon..there is the production of the T-90MS to be started soon too.. Many air defense systems have been improved locally..there are 2D radars already and working on 3D radars.. 3 Gowinds have been made in Egypt..one Meko to be made in Egypt too as well as 20 Italian OPV.. and this is just the tip of the iceberg.. A lot of TOT now..plus a lot of spare parts and their production as well as other weapons..

For much more:
You can visit Egyptian armed forces sticky thread on this section we are on ..Arab Defence

That tells me you do not know enough..because both sides said that Egypt won the 1973 Ramadan war..To the point that the US had to intervene..and even threaten nuclear war....You understand now..????

I have studied Military History and Tactics of pretty much all Major Wars conducted from Saladin to Present as members on this forum know.

Egyptian Forces during Operation Badr (and Syrian Forces on the Golan Heights side) had the surprise during the initial spearhead of the conflict Egypt crossed on to the East of Suez Canal.

NOTE: Israeli's Solider's were away due to religious holiday and were away from posts.

You goal was to get a foothold their and close on the Israeli Border and use it as a bargaining chip to get back the remaining lands lost to Israel in the previous conflict, and a favorable Peace Deal. Russia was supplying Arab Forces with ammunition and equipment, and U.S. saw this as the opportunity as well to supply Israel.

Now this is the fun part and shows how useless you Arabs are -- Israel regroups its forces and launches a thrust into the Sinai surrounding your Egyptian Third army led by Ariel Sharon and creating a bridge in Northern Sinai which allowed Israel to push Armored Forces and men unchallenged, advancing all the way to Cairo (stopped 60 miles from your capital). You Army was effectively sandwiched between Israel and Israeli Forces in the West of Sinai while you were stuck in the middle, you left you back wide open, had Israel wanted to make Kefta Kabob out of you they could have done it.

Northern Israel the forces gathered and launched an assault on the Golan Heights against Syrian Forces, bloody conflict and losses on both sides exceeded what analysts expected. This to the Israeli's takes command and control of the whole Golan Heights region with full access to the roadway leading to Damascus. This was because Egypt decided to have a cease-fire without the Syrians knowledge and left them to take the full brunt of the attack as well; which also resulted in you getting kicked out of the Arab League.

However, while Egypt got back the Sinai Region full in 1980's, the rest of Arab lands Gaza (was control by Egypt before the previous war), West Bank (was controlled by Jordan), East Jerusalem (was controlled by Jordan) and Golan Heights (Syrian land) still to this day remains in Israeli control

Israel, however, become to relaxed after the previous conflict thinking Arabs wouldn't hit again, this was mostly intelligence failure on their part. They were reprimanded for this, and this mistake they will not allow to happen again.

I can go into more detail(s) but time doesn't permit me as I have clients to attend to and stuff, but you get the general gist of things as you didn't win anything but Arabs as a whole lost.

Hence, I stand by my previous comments your stupid wars ended up costing Arab's more than winning.

Last edited:
It is very booming with Sisi coming to power, there are many defense projects like ESR-32A 2D radar, 3D 450km radar should be unveiled at EDEX 2020 if everything goes right, and most likely many other things that will be unveiled in December if this Coronavirus bullshit is done with. JF-17 presents a good opportunity to get TOT from China for aircraft systems, weapons, and help with integration on future Egyptian UAVs, and other aircraft possibly being developed.

Last edited:
If pdf brigade, have no idea how Israel was pushed back, while once they were at banks of canal Suize, which is 100km from Cairo and why Egypt cherish 10th Ramadan so overwhelmingly.
They better not claim to be expert of Egyptian military and their capabilities.
I my self have read comments on pdf by the declared experts, that Egyptian army is used to sitting in Air-conditioners and good for nothing. While i have seen them patrolling in 50°C in Sinai etc. They are as solid as iron.
Egyptian Airforce pilots are trained from US, how good they are.... may be some Egyptian friend should come and explain to the useless and hateful bunch.
Where i have no doubt... is that in today's date Israel can't even think of going to war with Egypt and why should they! There are no territorial disputes!

Your as stupid as they come Patwai without reading anything of substance of this conflict; read above why this war was a failure.
Only reason the Peace Treaty was pushed is because this could have gone nuclear from USSR/US and Israel/Arab; eventually after Egyptian **** up and leaving their ally's dry signing a cease-fire after getting happy to early in their surprise for their Operation Badr but when Israel regrouped it was a spanking.

It is very booming with Sisi coming to power, there are many defense projects like ESR-32A 2D radar, 3D 450km radar should be unveiled at EDEX 2020 if everything goes right, and most likely many other things that will be unveiled in December if this Coronavirus bullshit is done with. JF-17 prevents a good opportunity to get TOT from China for aircraft systems, weapons, and help with integration on future Egyptian UAVs, and other aircraft possibly being developed.
To get my answer, I must probably go through the older IDEX threads

I have studied Military History and Tactics of pretty much all Major Wars conducted from Saladin to Present as members on this forum know.

Egyptian Forces during Operation Badr (and Syrian Forces on the Golan Heights side) had the surprise during the initial spearhead of the conflict Egypt crossed on to the East of Suez Canal.

NOTE: Israeli's Solider's were away due to religious holiday and were away from posts.

You goal was to get a foothold their and close on the Israeli Border and use it as a bargaining chip to get back the remaining lands lost to Israel in the previous conflict, and a favorable Peace Deal. Russia was supplying Arab Forces with ammunition and equipment, and U.S. saw this as the opportunity as well to supply Israel.

Now this is the fun part and shows how useless you Arabs are -- Israel regroups its forces and launches a thrust into the Sinai surrounding your Egyptian Third army led by Ariel Sharon and creating a bridge in Northern Sinai which allowed Israel to push Armored Forces and men unchallenged, advancing all the way to Cairo (stopped 60 miles from your capital). You Army was effectively sandwiched between Israel and Israeli Forces in the West of Sinai while you were stuck in the middle, you left you back wide open, had Israel wanted to make Kefta Kabob out of you they could have done it.

Northern Israel the forces gathered and launched an assault on the Golan Heights against Syrian Forces, bloody conflict and losses on both sides exceeded what analysts expected. This to the Israeli's takes command and control of the whole Golan Heights region with full access to the roadway leading to Damascus. This was because Egypt decided to have a cease-fire without the Syrians knowledge and left them to take the full brunt of the attack as well; which also resulted in you getting kicked out of the Arab League.

However, while Egypt got back the Sinai Region full in 1980's, the rest of Arab lands Gaza (was control by Egypt before the previous war), West Bank (was controlled by Jordan), East Jerusalem (was controlled by Jordan) and Golan Heights (Syrian land) still to this day remains in Israeli control

I can go into more detail(s) but time doesn't permit me as I have clients to attend to and stuff, but you get the general gist of things as you didn't win anything but Arabs as a whole lost.

Hence, I stand by my previous comments your stupid wars ended up costing Arab's more than winning.
Sorry to tell you that you got most of it wrong.. starting from not knowing that this was from the satart a limited war to liberate the Sinai peninsula.. it was called ..operation spark.... the Egyptians destroyed what was supposed to be the indestructible Barlev line..advanced 15 km inside Sinai and stopped there they had no intention to go to the borders with Usrael..
You messed it up too when you said the Russians were supplying the Arabs with weapons..while all the Usraeli weapons were already American..
There are too much fallacies about this Ramadan war in your "Studies":lol:.. that it is not even worth an answer..
I can just see jealousy mixed with ignorance.. really too much without any sources or facts on the ground.. you better stay with your customers..lol.. and forget about Military history and tactics all together ..because the 1973 war Arab tactics are still being studied to this day in major Military academies around the world..

Last edited:
Sorry to tell you that you got most of it wrong.. starting from not knowing that this was from the satart a limited war to liberate the Sinai peninsula.. it was called ..operation spark.... the Egyptians destroyed what was supposed to be the indestructible Barlev line..advanced 15 km inside Sinai and stopped there they had no intention to go to the borders with Usrael..
You messed it up too when you said the Russians was supplying the Arabs with weapons..while all the Usraeli weapons were already American..
There are too much fallacies about this Ramadan war in your "Studies":lol:.. that it is not even worth an answer..
I can just see jealousy mixed with ignorance..really too much for you..
Could you link up some legit stuff to read about this all

@StormBreaker
DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY

Egypt gained TOT from America, and used it to manufacture upgraded radars from the 80s and 90s. Go to 3:19.

There is no DSCA upgrade announced so America was not involved in it. Original radar is called AN/TPS-63

Could you link up some legit stuff to read about this all
You can go to the Arab defense section..and look for my threads about the October war or the Ramadan war as it is know in the Arab world.. there are a few real good reads in which I had put a lot of time and effort in research..I bet you will enjoy the reads..

You can go to the Arab defense section..and look for my threads about the October war or the Ramadan war as it is know in the Arab world.. there are a few real good reads in which I had put a lot of time and effort in research..I bet you will enjoy the reads..
Let me check, Sure

You messed it up too when you said the Russians was supplying the Arabs with weapons..while all the Usraeli weapons were already American..
I can just see jealousy mixed with ignorance.. really too much without any sources or facts on the ground.. you better stay with your customers..lol.. and forget about Military history and tactics all together ..because the 1973 war Arab tactics are still being studied to this day in major Military academies around the world..

Your as stupid as they come, hence, why Arabs don't win anything. Operation Spark was the political strategy named by Sadat, that this conflict would create "spark" and an international intervention. Your war started with Operation Badr.

Yes, Egypt did destroy, because, Israeli Forces were away due to a religious holiday, as I stated in my previous post, and didn't have an active presence on posts and patrols, etc.; along with that it was intelligence failure and after the 1967 Arab whooping the Israeli's didn't expect a conflict to happen.

Russians were selling to Egyptians 1-2 years before the conflict, U.S. initially refused to supply but once they saw the Russian intervention they U.S. started supplying arms and opened an air corridor to Israel.

You should go back and study your history because you've been fed a lot of misinformation from your Arab books and some online useless sites.

And your correct, Arab tactics are studied greatly in military schools across the world, on how "NOT" to fight a damn war.

Let me check, Sure

Suggest you go outside and read about this conflict as from The SC and other Arabs you'll not find a neutral point of view. This conflict was a total waste of time, money and resources for the Arabs.

This conflict basically after the peace agreement made Israel the defecto power of the region. Egypt only regained it's territory but what ever else was lost is still in Israeli' control till this day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom