What's new

EDEX 2018: Egypt eyes JF-17 Thunder Block-III

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Draws Interest from Egyptian Air Force.

jf17 egypt military photoshops2-1.jpg

5th December 2018 - 16:50 GMT | by Alan Warnes in Cairo

The Egyptian Air Force (EAF) is currently reviewing the progress of the PAC/Chengdu JF-17 Thunder.

At EDEX 2018 in Cairo, Shephard has learnt that representatives from the EAF held a meeting with AVIC officials at Zhuhai Air Show in early November.

Officials were provided with a progress..

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/egypt-eyes-jf-17-thunder-block-3s/

Last edited by a moderator:
I though saudis were financing the rafales and migs were being given from Russia ..
Why jf17 ..odd

Pakistan should forget Arab countries, they will never buy. I am for 6 years reading stuf about JF17, each time some Arab country talks about the fighter, and after that you hear nothing for 1 or 2 years. Againg a defence exhibition and same JF-17 with big letters, result is like before zero.

Pakistan should forget Arab countries, they will never buy. I am for 6 years reading stuf about JF17, each time some Arab country talks about the fighter, and after that you hear nothing for 1 or 2 years. Againg a defence exhibition and same JF-17 with big letters, result is like before zero.
No need for such a negative approach regardless of your political difference. It is not their fault. Before block-III, JF17 was not that attractive package especially when they could afford to buy Rafales, F16, F15, EFT and other superior A/C..However JF17Blk-III is a game changer because it packs quite a lot of advanced systems in a small package that is maintainable, cheaper to buy and operate.. That means the pilots can fly more hours and get much better relationship with the machine which is an asset for any airforce. Thus, buying JF17 block-III makes a lot of economic and pragmatic sense.

Last edited:

Hi,

The reason is that the JF17 has not reached a stable tier 1 EW package---.

The BLK3 would reflect that stage---.

The air forces which have ordered the JF17---are satisfied with the BLK2 package---.

Egypt---which already is flying Rafales---would want something extra ordinary---. Only time will tell if JF17 BLK3 meets its requirements---.

Hi,

The reason is that the JF17 has not reached a stable tier 1 EW package---.

The BLK3 would reflect that stage---.

The air forces which have ordered the JF17---are satisfied with the BLK2 package---.

Egypt---which already is flying Rafales---would want something extra ordinary---. Only time will tell if JF17 BLK3 meets its requirements---.
Quantity is quality in its own right. With the Block-III, the EAF has an opportunity to supplant scores of old aircraft with a cheap AESA radar-equipped fighter with relatively good A2A and A2G capabilities. If even the JF-17 can lob ALCMs, AShMs and BVRAAMs, then the Rafale can be preserved for much more complex strike roles (e.g., OCA or DEAD).

Quantity is quality in its own right. With the Block-III, the EAF has an opportunity to supplant scores of old aircraft with a cheap AESA radar-equipped fighter with relatively good A2A and A2G capabilities. If even the JF-17 can lob ALCMs, AShMs and BVRAAMs, then the Rafale can be preserved for much more complex strike roles (e.g., OCA or DEAD).

Hi,

Cheap is the wrong term to be used for a product that you publicize yourself thru your writings---.

There is no such thing as 'cheap' and capable---. No 'cheap' product is a capable product---.

A quality product is a capable product---. The JF17 is a quality product---.

The only reason it is less expensive is because the labor costs are extremely low---and I know that you know that---.

Hi,

Cheap is the wrong term to be used for a product that you publicize yourself thru your writings---.

There is no such thing as 'cheap' and capable---. No 'cheap' product is a capable product---.

A quality product is a capable product---. The JF17 is a quality product---.

The only reason it is less expensive is because the labor costs are extremely low---and I know that you know that---.
Sir can we do an analogy of jft with
Suzuki Mehran/800.

I dont understand Egyptian Air Force operates F-16, mirage 2000, Mig-29-35, soon Rafales, why they need JF-17?
Although Mig-29, Mig-35 share engine variants similar to JF-17 engine, it could be a reason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom