What's new

EDEX 2018: Egypt eyes JF-17 Thunder Block-III

Sir can we do an analogy of jft with
Suzuki Mehran/800.
I dont understand Egyptian Air Force operates F-16, mirage 2000, Mig-29-35, soon Rafales, why they need JF-17?
Although Mig-29, Mig-35 share engine variants similar to JF-17 engine, it could be a reason.

Hi,

The F16's are not true bvr capable---sanctions electronic sabotage at times of war---.

e

For last 4 years threads of jf17 sales to azrbijan are running but it never happened

Only cash strapped nations like niageria burma in future afghanistan would go for this plane because they cant afford modern planes like f15 rafales my honest review all over world airforce select superior technolgy to be one step ahead of opposition

Hi,

Cheap is the wrong term to be used for a product that you publicize yourself thru your writings---.

There is no such thing as 'cheap' and capable---. No 'cheap' product is a capable product---.

A quality product is a capable product---. The JF17 is a quality product---.

The only reason it is less expensive is because the labor costs are extremely low---and I know that you know that---.
'Cheap' certainly means ''capable' when -- instead of useless pedantry and noise -- we remember that the JF-17 and its subsystems are being compared to others that are 2x, 3x or even 4x the cost, yet fulfill the same functions and results in most air warfare scenarios. If you think 'cheap' is being used in isolation of all that context, then you haven't been paying attention.

@MMM-E
If this is true regardiing azerbijan i guess samctions are going to stop azerbijan deal but i highly doubt it

If this is true regardiing azerbijan i guess samctions are going to stop azerbijan deal but i highly doubt it

Western Countries and Russia dont sell modern Fighter Jets to Azerbaijan .. because of power balance between Azerbaijan and Armenia

Azerbaijan bought second hand MIG-29s from Ukraine

and Azerbaijan is preparing order for JF-17 Block III standart from Pakistan to replace MIG21s

-- Advanced avionics , datalink
-- Italian Vixen 1000E AESA Radar
-- Turkish ASELPOD Targeting Pod
-- Turkish guided munitions
-- Turkish SOM Cruise Missile

also Azerbaijan is close to signing a deal to buy ASTER 30 SAMP/T and VL MICA Air Defense Systems

Last edited:
@The SC your thoughts sir
I think it is possible, since Egypt needs to replace 100s of old platforms..and that there is no smoke without fire!
The Migs 29/35 and the Rafales are not in big numbers.. they are 70 in total now..Egypt wants to upgrade a good number of its F-16s to the Viper version, and that might be why it is postponing everything else..

Last edited:
I think it is possible, since Egypt needs to replace 100s of old platforms..and that there is no smoke without fire!
The Migs 29/35 and the rafales are not in big numbers.. they are 70 in total now..Egypt wants to upgrade a good number its F-16s to the Viper version, and that might be why it is postponing everything thing else..
Thank you sir

Hi,

Cheap is the wrong term to be used for a product that you publicize yourself thru your writings---.

There is no such thing as 'cheap' and capable---. No 'cheap' product is a capable product---.

A quality product is a capable product---. The JF17 is a quality product---.

The only reason it is less expensive is because the labor costs are extremely low---and I know that you know that---.
Our people need to learn there is a huge difference between a "cheap" product and an economical solution. JF17 is by no means a cheap product with capabilities which only top blocks of F16 offer.

Last edited:
The Migs 29/35 and the Rafales are not in big numbers.. they are 70 in total now..Egypt wants to upgrade a good number of its F-16s to the Viper version, and that might be why it is postponing everything else..

In addition to that....it is all about the total package......
Why going to Pakistan if you can deal with Chaina....?! Unless there is some thing else.....
TOT, local production of it’s ammunition or even some thing different like cruise missiles know how....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom