What's new

East Pakistan loss was a Political not a Military failure, says COAS

Gen Ayub was CMLA (58-71) and then came Yahya. With Bhutto, your installed FM.

The establishment was POLITICS. And if East Pakistan loss was a political debacle, the establishment was knee deep in it.

Please don’t think Pakistanis are stupid.
But they are this stupid

Bullshit

Bhutto was equally responsible for 71 as much as yahya khan

Don't give me that BS of doing good for Pakistan like constitution, prisoners blah blah. Bhutto and his clan has done more damage to Pakistan than good

He was also chief propagandist of ayub Khan against Fatima Jinnah too. Go read history please

if history service right bajwa is ayub, Arshad munir is yahya, bhutto is SS/NS and mujeeb is Imran

Pakistan chose Urdu as its national language when it got independence.

Now the question arises why choose a language which is mother tongue of only a minor part of the community while there were languages which were widely spoken(e.g. Punjabi, & Pashtun , your idea a of offering your east Pakistanis bribes and exceptions for their loyalty probably would have failed eventually anyway and the sane result as 1971 would have happened
Choosing Urdu meant no siding which was fair. Urdu was fine combination where people are forced interact in at outside of their native languages for the sake of unity.

Bangladesh aka former East Pakistan was political and administrative disaster despite of the language barrier.

Not clearly understood.
If you have to prove two nation theory wrong, then find a nation that has Muslims in the 30% - 70% range and non-Muslims in 70%-30% range, that is stable and peaceful. Jinnah's genius was in identifying this principle which was later explored fully by Huntington. Jinnah is the forerunner of the concept for which Huntington is credited today.

He doesn't want heads to roll for incompetence. Mr.Butto was the scapegoat.

What are you talking about? Heads to roll? On what basis?

Bhutto was hanged for a totally different reason, I don't think you know much about this, better to understand before commenting.

Choosing Urdu meant no siding which was fair. Urdu was fine combination where people are forced interact in at outside of their native languages for the sake of unity.

Bangladesh aka former East Pakistan was political and administrative disaster despite of the language barrier.

From
What I gather :
East Pakistan was never going to be ours as a single territory. The most ridiculous demarcation of a single country in history / confirmed that from the birth of Pakistan. The bengals started being nationalists on the basis of language from day 1 , Urdu was not anybody’s local language even in Pakistan. But still , nobody said Pashtuns , Baluchi, Sindhi or punjabi should be our national language. They should have never been part of our Pakistan , logically gone to india they r basically Indians in sheep clothing’s

East Pakistan loss was the death of Pakistan.

It also disproved Jinnah's 2 nation theory.
Theory wasn't Jinnah's, but Iqbal's and in fact it was reinforced. Pakistan's raison d'etre was religious identity, much like Israel's, and not an ethnocentric myopic state. Sadly Bengalis some with their own volition and others through their west Pakistani counterparts' ethnic biases pushed the two entities apart. Had the early rulers and administrators followed through with the vision of Iqbal, made Arabic as the national language and Islam binding factor things would have progressed a lot better.

Arabic as the national language
Why make a foreign language the national language instead of adopting the languages of people? There are many countries with multiple national languages: e.g., Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, Singapore, India.

He did everything he could do to thwart Obama.

He succeeded in a way, but failed in making him a one term president.

As I said, it matters not who the president or vice president is as long he knows what levers of power to pull. During Obama's time, he appointed his Judge(s) and deadlocked Congress to select the Supreme Court Justice until the next president came in. He made Obama a lame-duck president after the Democratic Party lost both houses.

From
What I gather :
East Pakistan was never going to be ours as a single territory. The most ridiculous demarcation of a single country in history / confirmed that from the birth of Pakistan. The bengals started being nationalists on the basis of language from day 1 , Urdu was not anybody’s local language even in Pakistan. But still , nobody said Pashtuns , Baluchi, Sindhi or punjabi should be our national language. They should have never been part of our Pakistan , logically gone to india they r basically Indians in sheep clothing’s
They are the first one who pushed for the movement of Pakistan. It is shame that despite their sacrifices, the main establishments crossed the lines and betrayed East Pakistan much like they did with the sister of the founding father. Despite the language and cultural barrier, what happened in 1971 could have been easily avoided if the right intention was involved.

Theory wasn't Jinnah's, but Iqbal's and in fact it was reinforced. Pakistan's raison d'etre was religious identity, much like Israel's, and not an ethnocentric myopic state. Sadly Bengalis some with their own volition and others through their west Pakistani counterparts' ethnic biases pushed the two entities apart. Had the early rulers and administrators followed through with the vision of Iqbal, made Arabic as the national language and Islam binding factor things would have progressed a lot better.
Making Arabic the national language would've been so cringe, literally I would prefer farsi but Arabic too extreme we would be getting clowned today

I still think Urdu is fine, they just need to do a better job at teaching Islam in the right manner, should be a subject at school and teach kids the basic principles, fardh, and lifestyles of a Muslim.

Army had problem to salute a bangali Pakistani

Then Army head loved to wine dine Caucasians which is fine but he believed he was above Bangali Pakistani

Bhutto was a stage piece a front man , the folks behind scene were same

Last edited:
Making Arabic the national language would've been so cringe, literally I would prefer farsi but Arabic too extreme we would be getting clowned today

I still think Urdu is fine, they just need to do a better job at teaching Islam in the right manner, should be a subject at school and teach kids the basic principles, fardh, and lifestyles of a Muslim.
I agree Farsi would have been ideal but Bengalis would have still opposed it, with Arabic they might have been deterred due to the religious angle.

Army had problem to salute a bangali Pakistani

Then Army head loved to wine dine Caucasians which is fine but he believed he was above Bangali Pakistani

Bhutto was a stage piece a front man , the folks behind scene were same
100%, he was the original proto typical poster child of the Mil-establishment.

Back
Top Bottom