What's new

Earthquake in Islamabad

That being said, this lasts quite a bit longer than I would expect
No, this is due to Chaman fault which is far from Turkiye faults.

quake1935PakistanQuetta1.jpg

Turkiye faults:
1280px-Anatolian_Plate_Vectoral.svg.png
I was about to say the same, the faults aren't connected so the effects of the Turkish earthquake should be negligible.

That was bad but short .... Allah saved everyone.

Family is ok. They’ve been shaken pretty hard, up in AJK, but everyone seems to be ok and there is no damage to buildings.

The Indian plate is pushing northwards into the Eurasian plate. Tell your families to get ready for potential further tremors

That being said, this lasts quite a bit longer than I would expect

I was about to say the same, the faults aren't connected so the effects of the Turkish earthquake should be negligible.
This is what Chaman fault looks like from the surface on the ground:
tidbit17_1.gif

That was bad but short .... Allah saved everyone.
Given the severity, I'm afraid casualties are going to be inevitable here, information is going to trickle in slowly in the next 24 hours. Especially from far flung/not as easily accessible areas.

Family is ok. They’ve been shaken pretty hard, up in AJK, but everyone seems to be ok and there is no damage to buildings.

The Indian plate is pushing northwards into the Eurasian plate. Tell your families to get ready for potential further tremors
Does this mean, the effects are mostly to the north of India? Am from South so asking.

Happy to hear that your family is safe. Hope no loss of life really, in any country. May god keep everyone safe.

Back
Top Bottom