What's new

Each MiG-35 to cost only $30 mil for the Russians. Is the IAF listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tejas MK 1 is to replace MIG 21bs . Tejas MK1 is far better fighter than IAF's mirage 2000 and Jags .
On MK 2 : Rafale will be delivered from 2017 by the time we will have matured MK 2 with Aesa + upg . 183 rafale is not a good choice on any front .Money or strategy . 105 million per Rafale is with out weapon system i guess . Tejas can have better upgrade even at 70 million

1)Tejas has design limitations that cannot be undone with upgrades

2)its a small single engined fighter with limited ordnance carrying ability

3)mirage 2000 after upgrades are way way better than tejas mk1

4)we have still no prototype aesa radar for mk2,,,,hell we haven't even developed a slotted array

5)better choice if rafale deal is cancelled would be su-35 or upgraded mig-35............only if we back off due to money

Tejas MK 1 is to replace MIG 21bs . Tejas MK1 is far better fighter than IAF's mirage 2000 and Jags .
On MK 2 : Rafale will be delivered from 2017 by the time we will have matured MK 2 with Aesa + upg . 183 rafale is not a good choice on any front .Money or strategy . 105 million per Rafale is with out weapon system i guess . Tejas can have better upgrade even at 70 million

Su 35 & Mig 35 is old design too . So give some credit to Tejas .It deserves it

Hal Druv is old design too . Wait and watch it to create History in years to come buddy

1)su-35 is probably the most agile aircraft in the world right now!!

2)dhruv has more than 90% imported parts,,or manufactured under tot

3)tejas mk1 deserves credit as its our first step,,,not because its very capable

Despite all these upgrades of MIG 29 & Mirage 2000 and induction of 42 super Sukhois, there is still a need for omni potent aircraft like Rafale although it seems there quantity can now be decreased to say 4 squadrons or so

[Bregs];4728216 said:
Despite all these upgrades of MIG 29 & Mirage 2000 and induction of 42 super Sukhois, there is still a need for omni potent aircraft like Rafale although it seems there quantity can now be decreased to say 4 squadrons or so

i have said the same in all my posts

1)Tejas has design limitations that cannot be undone with upgrades

2)its a small single engined fighter with limited ordnance carrying ability

3)mirage 2000 after upgrades are way way better than tejas mk1

4)we have still no prototype aesa radar for mk2,,,,hell we haven't even developed a slotted array

5)better choice if rafale deal is cancelled would be su-35 or upgraded mig-35............only if we back off due to money
Dude i agree . I really think Better to buy Su 35 or EF than going for 183 Rafale . But right now IAF going for Rafale . 183 Rafale is nonsense . India can build atleast 550 Tejas MK for 15 billion than buying 183 rafale for 27 billion dollars .

And waht is wrong with you ? Upgraded Mirage 2000 is better than Tejas Mk 2 ? And for ur king imformation Tejas MK 2 is upgraded verson of MK 1 . We already have AMCA on card for future fighter !

Yes we still dont have Aesa for MK 2 . But is it even matter when India can import untill we have our own . Its like you just dont want to accept tejas as fighter . As far as u concerned RC Jet Toy is better than Tejas . OK

Tejas is more than enough for India's needs . To take on JF 17 , F 16s , Chinese J 10 and 11 . We have Super sukoi and sukoi for Chinese Su 27, 30 adn 35

[Bregs];4728216 said:

But 183 Rafale ? Rafale is a potent omni role fighter . What is the need for 183 ?

IAF should seal the deal with Dassault only if they are willing to give crucial tots as promised. Secondly without rafale tots, Tejas mk2 will just end up like Tejas mk1 and besides it would help in our future projects too say in AMCA.

SURE WE NEED TO DECREASE Rafale order . Atleast split between Rafale and EF or Su 35 .If we can afford

IAF should seal the deal with Dassault only if they are willing to give crucial tots as promised. Secondly without rafale tots, Tejas mk2 will just end up like Tejas mk1 and besides it would help in our future projects too say in AMCA.
Thats is the problem with Rafale deal . they dont want to give important ToT for 105 million USD when EF is ready to offer any help for 5 million more . (Sure Kickbacks and nonsense politics) France want to choose private players like Riliance as they demand less tot . !

SURE WE NEED TO DECREASE Rafale order . Atleast split between Rafale and EF or Su 35 .If we can afford

Thats is the problem with Rafale deal . they dont want to give important ToT for 105 million USD when EF is ready to offer any help for 5 million more . (Sure Kickbacks and nonsense politics) France want to choose private players like Riliance as they demand less tot . !

Thats too early to say. At no point of time they have said that they won't give crucial tots. We are just speculating here on the basis of some articles.

1)su-35 is probably the most agile aircraft in the world right now!!
True

2)dhruv has more than 90% imported parts,,or manufactured under tot
Does it even matter to you ? For your kind imformaion Its HAL's Dhruv . Made in India . Do you know f 15s and f 16s has imported parts too ?

3)tejas mk1 deserves credit as its our first step,,,not because its very capable
Tejas deserves credit because its our first step ? And not very capable ? Ok tell me waht do u mean by capable ? When pakistan and China has JF 17 F 16s , j 10s and j 11 . As i mentioned you think tejas is RC Toy jet . WAKE UP buddy . Tejas it not a joke . Its LCA and not MCA but Tejas is a fighter jet . Thats why IAF went for MK 2 which is MMRCA

The problem with Russian Aircraft is they do not see action too often, ditto for Chinese aircraft. Unless you have a conflict created you cannot use it and show the world that this is a fighter and these are its strength or weakness. Now history gives us a feeling that Russian aircraft whenever they are used in conflict except 1971 Indo-pak and Vietnam war have failed. The main reasons of failures are pilot handling or lack of training or lack innovative ideas during conflict against superior aircraft.

What the Americans, British or the French are doing is that they test their fighter in some conflict(rather created conflict) and show case their achievement to sell their planes. But then this does result in killing innocent people. I realize Russians or Chinese cannot do this kind of thing (except in Chechnya). The Russian Aircraft has not been tested against western aircraft with good pilots.

This reason is also I think is the basis of higher price of western fighters.

Firstly the standard the IAF's Mig-29Bs are being upgraded to is the India-specific UPG standard not the SMT. Secondly is anyone really going to try and claim the MIG-29UPG/SMT is in anyway better than a Rafale??

Listen, you get what you pay for in this world and there is a reason the Rafale costs as much as it does.

Not to mention the last thing India needs to do is go for another Russian fighter. India needs to diversify and the Russians have proved incompetent and undeserving in the past.

BS article, utter BS.

This is almost entirely wrong and nonsense. When no one knows the intraces of the ToT proposals otiside a select group from France and India you're trying to claim kickbacks and lack of ToT and whatever else?

Save it bro. I'm sick and tired of people Making such wild and slanderous accusations based on almost nothing but personal predujices.

[Bregs];4728216 said:

Well the 126 order is for 5-6 SQDs and maybe 2-3 more if the follow on order is placed for 63 units.

There's no way the order will be REDUCED to 4 SQDs.

When you have a crisis looming in the form of Mig-21 and 27 SQDs being phased out by 2017-19 which a numerous it is not a time to be reducing inductions. The LCA will come when it comes, the IAF has already got signifcant MKIs on order, the AMCA is now where in sight and the FGFA is a successor to the MKI not the -21/-27.

Then you have many of the Jags being phased out in the next decade.

The Rafale is a MUST simple as that. By 2020 the IAF can realistically have 2-3 SQDs of this bird in service.

@BLING - LCA MK2 can not match Rafale. ASEA radar is still on paper, and it lack in hardpoint,avonic etc. But if we keep project on time then with future upgrade it can be a good plane. Read Sancho and rest senior posts in this threads. You ll come to know this.
But we can use this platform for AMCA.
But it all depend upon HAL ,DRDO. First we need to change this chai biscuht org.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not good at comparing the aircrafts but even if we sign the deal the first aircraft we will get will be around 2016. And i feel russia is inducting PAK FA by 2015. why can be also induct the same varients as russia is doing instead of the french aircraft and by 2020 or 22 we can induct Indian varient (FGFA).as far as i know both are multorole a/c.

I have no idea about aircrafts and there roles so asked.can someone shed somelight.

We can buy su-35 but just think, when china has access to all russians technologies. Su-35 ll not give much edge.
30MKI is good because of Israel and france packages. But still in the AESA world ,we nedd to upgrade all mki plus have to find out its RCS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom