What's new

Drone to be struck down on orders: Air Chief

Updated 4 hours ago
5-13-2011_15508_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman Friday said that drones entering Pakistani air space would be struck down if such orders were issued (to the Pakistan Air Force), Geo News reported.

The Air Chief said this in reply to a question during the in-camera briefing by the military officials to the joint session of the parliament in the backdrop of the US unilateral assault in Abbottabad on May 2, 2011 that eliminated Osama bin Laden.

To another question regarding the operational control of Shamsi Air Base, the officials said UAE was operating the Air Base.

lol, how can a small country like UAE control an airbase inside pakistan. i mean mutual cooperation is fine but to give operational control of an airbase inside u r territory is totally no no.

i dont have any words. actually i have lot of words to say but i dont wanna hurt pakistani here.

No I have not ever been to Pakistan but I can assure you there are alot of soliders across the border in Afghanistan itching to visit Pakistan, especially those on the border who witness what your Pakistani soilders do when they see militants cross the border...and that is NOTHING.

you have to shut your bloody mouth before you speak anything against Pakistan ....... pakistani check posts are almost near 1000 and Pakistanis are doing better job than your USA and Nato .......... and check post of nato are just 112.......so correct your tune before we pakistani change our tone ... it will be hard for you to sit in toilet in afghanistan if we take any further step

What source? How can you people be so naive? Your own government is lying to your face and behind closed doors is allowing drone attacks. Your government supports the Taliban in Afghanistan, abeit for its "national security interests" but nonetheless it supports the taliban that are "pro Pakistan."

hello you
You think We are friends with Taliban
then why yesterday they attacked on our Police training center :undecided:

What source? How can you people be so naive? Your own government is lying to your face and behind closed doors is allowing drone attacks. Your government supports the Taliban in Afghanistan, abeit for its "national security interests" but nonetheless it supports the taliban that are "pro Pakistan."

the best solutions to all these Problems is that US quite Afghanistan otherwise Some day INSHALLAH Pakistan Army considering the Request of Citizens make US do it And i Promise It will be very Hard For you

though you don't have any stake in Pakistan, you haven't ever been to Pakistan, You don't know the culture of Pakistan, You can't even distinguish between a punjabi, pathan, sindhi, balochi.. but u still are here to comment.. Go home.. leave us alone.. we'll tackle our problems ourself..

Said the man living in Britain....

Updated 4 hours ago
5-13-2011_15508_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman Friday said that drones entering Pakistani air space would be struck down if such orders were issued (to the Pakistan Air Force), Geo News reported.

The Air Chief said this in reply to a question during the in-camera briefing by the military officials to the joint session of the parliament in the backdrop of the US unilateral assault in Abbottabad on May 2, 2011 that eliminated Osama bin Laden.

To another question regarding the operational control of Shamsi Air Base, the officials said UAE was operating the Air Base.

shamsi airbase operated by UAE? why?

More credibility would be achieved if they first did it.

i just saw on BBCC24 that Pakistan Parliament have voted against the drone attacks. Any more news on this?

This would not be a wise move for Pakistan. Fist off you have your own country men blowing up your fellow countrymen and these drones are killing these terrorists. Secondly, this is complete B.S. these drones are launched from Pakistan and the targets are layed out by the ISI.

now what you said is total BS....half of the terror attacks are not carried out by our own people but other radical people from third world countries....

and do you have any credible source except your gut that the drones are launched from pakistan and ISI lays them down....i didnt know that ISI is supposed to be actively involved on the battle front....!!!....our problems are all because of aid......you give us aid...and also a whole lot of restrictions and strings with it....our stoog of a govt follows you and hence all the problems....so please get lost.

i just saw on BBCC24 that Pakistan Parliament have voted against the drone attacks. Any more news on this?

yup...they did....a 12 point resolution was passed...it also included that drones might be brrought down adn NATO supplies be blocked....and policy with the US be reviewed

and the drone point was brought up by PML(N)...the govt was not really forcing this point.

Symbolic. now its up to the sitting Govt to take a strong stand and entire national institutions will back them up simple as that. Though its unlikely Zardari govt do so

if pakistqan didnt have such a move before, i think it will be considered significant.

Partly true. The goal is to leave Afghanistan, but we DO NOT want to prolong the stay in Afghanistan in the sense of it being a "war theatre." We do want military bases there because of our "strategic interests."

Due to economic concerns, due to the Iraq War, and due to PAKISTAN/AFGHAN CONCERNS. Mainly it will create rift with the Pakistani Army and Afghans due to the fact of international travel of ethinc "non terrorist" Pashtuns who travel across the border to meet other Pashtuns. But as you should be aware Afghans do have posts there, that is why in most part we let them handle it because they insisted on this. Not sure of how many but they do have. As for the hardcore Baloch nationalists comment, I do not have any information on this.

I do not have any information on this. BUT if you did have conclusive evicence that points to this why did you not bring this to the attention of the international community? My guess is because it IS NOT conclusive evidence.

In what sence? Pakistan will choke supply lines for a week or two but that is it. Do you know how much aid U.S. gives to Pakistan (I do realize this aid constitutes 0.08% or less of Pakistan's GDP) ? And no this does not count the publicly know U.S. aid which I do understand is for Pakistan's reimbursement, but the AID the U.S gives to Pakistan that is "behind closed doors."

TO HELL WITH YOUR AID ALREADY!!!!!!....we dont need it...it all goes to swiss bank accounts....not the public sector.....we lived for ten years without aid and then also in the embargo after nuke test...we WILL live without it again.....shove your aid in your trucks and feed it to your dogs.

why throw the dice on court of civilian govt. all strategic decisions are taken by armed forces in pakistan. why r they passing buck to civilian govt.

why r they hiding behind this "civilian govt" wen they have the real power in pakistan.

the fact remains they want to escape responsibility. if the drone attacks continue, army will say it is because civilian govt dint give us permission to shoot down drones.

if they give orders and america takes some strict action which hurts pakistan, they will say it is because of bad decision of civilian govt.

either way army is "happy".

under kayani...the army has greatly distanced itself from the politics of pakistan......now i dont know what you saw in your times of india or CNN IBN....but i am seeing everything by my own eyes up close...not from another country!!

Back
Top Bottom