What's new

Drone to be struck down on orders: Air Chief

No I have not ever been to Pakistan but I can assure you there are alot of soliders across the border in Afghanistan itching to visit Pakistan, especially those on the border who witness what your Pakistani soilders do when they see militants cross the border...and that is NOTHING.

Actually your statement is totally incorrect. The goal on the front for US and NATO is to leave Afghanistan, but actually they want to prolong the stay to keep a base next to China and Iran. Pakistan has 1200 posts along the Pakistan-Afghan Border and ISAF has less than 200. Failures of ISAF and NATO cannot be blamed on Pakistan.

Why the US and ISAF did not build posts in the last 11 years? Why the Baloch terrorists are living and training in Kabul under your nose? Why are the Indian RAW has 17 running cosulates in Afgahnistan until your nose?

We know that 4 blasts in Lahore had a 100% lab chemical match with expolsives used by Indian and Western Construction Companies In Afghanistan and one of the suicide bomber's handler was caught in Hangu who had an id card to the Bargram Air Base in his underewar, I guess too stupid to be a SPY. So do not think you guys are too smart.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. Regarding the visit of the itching soldiers across the broder, they may be surprised because next time Pakistan Army may choke their supply lines permanently and may pay them a visit.

Noone knows who is lying about the drone attacks. Just because Feinstein says Pakistan knows, doesn't mean Pakistan knows. But it's possible.

What is fact is that drone attacks do occur, they kill a lot of civilians, and there is no accountability. Indiscriminate killing of civilians is a war crime.

Please read this too:

This article is based on the assumption that OBL was killed in the "mansion" in Abbottabad, the writer "shada Islam" has so conveniently forgotten that its not yet a confirmed fact.. If you have not been watching the switched state of Pakistan media, along with Western Media about this event, then you are not willing to do so intentionally.. Here's something for you to ponder upon..

Pakistani institutions not involved in hiding Osama: US Congressman

What source? How can you people be so naive? Your own government is lying to your face and behind closed doors is allowing drone attacks. Your government supports the Taliban in Afghanistan, abeit for its "national security interests" but nonetheless it supports the taliban that are "pro Pakistan."

Oh yeah, you are one to talk.. aren't you forgetting that US "right at this moment" is supporting AQ in Libya and Syria?? Forget about Pakistan, your Government is supporting the biggest terrorist network in whole wide world.. Go sort them out first.. we are not naive.. you are..

You talk about naivety? Show me ONE FBI document which states OBL as most wanted in twin-tower attack.. Any homeland security document supporting your TWO presidents??.. you are bunch of slaves, driven by an invisible fear stick.. Go sort your own problems, your country is at the brink of Bankruptcy.. Your states are planning to start their own currencies and unrelate themselves from dollar..

Actually your statement is totally incorrect. The goal on the front for US and NATO is to leave Afghanistan, but actually they want to prolong the stay to keep a base next to China and Iran. Pakistan has 1200 posts along the Pakistan-Afghan Border and ISAF has less than 200. Failures of ISAF and NATO cannot be blamed on Pakistan.

Partly true. The goal is to leave Afghanistan, but we DO NOT want to prolong the stay in Afghanistan in the sense of it being a "war theatre." We do want military bases there because of our "strategic interests."

Why the US and ISAF did not build posts in the last 11 years? Why the Baloch terrorists are living and training in Kabul under your nose? Why are the Indian RAW has 17 running cosulates in Afgahnistan until your nose?

Due to economic concerns, due to the Iraq War, and due to PAKISTAN/AFGHAN CONCERNS. Mainly it will create rift with the Pakistani Army and Afghans due to the fact of international travel of ethinc "non terrorist" Pashtuns who travel across the border to meet other Pashtuns. But as you should be aware Afghans do have posts there, that is why in most part we let them handle it because they insisted on this. Not sure of how many but they do have. As for the hardcore Baloch nationalists comment, I do not have any information on this.

We know that 4 blasts in Lahore had a 100% lab chemical match with expolsives used by Indian and Western Construction Companies In Afghanistan and one of the suicide bomber's handler was caught in Hangu who had an id card to the Bargram Air Base in his underewar, I guess too stupid to be a SPY. So do not think you guys are too smart.

I do not have any information on this. BUT if you did have conclusive evicence that points to this why did you not bring this to the attention of the international community? My guess is because it IS NOT conclusive evidence.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. Regarding the visit of the itching soldiers across the broder, they may be surprised because next time Pakistan Army may choke their supply lines permanently and may pay them a visit.

In what sence? Pakistan will choke supply lines for a week or two but that is it. Do you know how much aid U.S. gives to Pakistan (I do realize this aid constitutes 0.08% or less of Pakistan's GDP) ? And no this does not count the publicly know U.S. aid which I do understand is for Pakistan's reimbursement, but the AID the U.S gives to Pakistan that is "behind closed doors."

HES ASKING CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT TO GIVE THEM PERMISSION, WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND

Partly true. The goal is to leave Afghanistan, but we DO NOT want to prolong the stay in Afghanistan in the sense of it being a "war theatre." We do want military bases there because of our "strategic interests."

Due to economic concerns, due to the Iraq War, and due to PAKISTAN/AFGHAN CONCERNS. Mainly it will create rift with the Pakistani Army and Afghans due to the fact of international travel of ethinc "non terrorist" Pashtuns who travel across the border to meet other Pashtuns. But as you should be aware Afghans do have posts there, that is why in most part we let them handle it because they insisted on this. Not sure of how many but they do have. As for the hardcore Baloch nationalists comment, I do not have any information on this.

I do not have any information on this. BUT if you did have conclusive evicence that points to this why did you not bring this to the attention of the international community? My guess is because it IS NOT conclusive evidence.

In what sence? Pakistan will choke supply lines for a week or two but that is it. Do you know how much aid U.S. gives to Pakistan (I do realize this aid constitutes 0.08 or less of Pakistan's GDP) ? And no this does not count the publicly know U.S. aid which I do understand is for Pakistan's reimbursement, but the AID the U.S gives to Pakistan that is "behind closed doors."

Funny!!!! an American suggesting this :P.. Hypocrisy??

More rhetoric for public consumption.

Did he need civilian governments permission when his men where caught napping too?

Sounds to me he is trying to save his job.

It's high time we gave the locals SAMS.

Five killed in drone hit - Published: May 14, 2011

PESHAWAR - As many as five suspected militants were killed when a US drone hit a vehicle at Datta Khel area of North Waziristan Agency on Friday morning.
Sources said that a US drone fired at least four missiles at a moving vehicle at Doga Madakhel, resultantly five suspected militants riding in it were killed. The sources said that all the five persons reportedly belonged to a militant organisation of a local commander.
The Doga Madekhel locality is situated some 40 kilometres in the west of Miranshah, the agency headquarters of North Waziristan Agency. The officials said that at least five militants have been killed in the attack.
They said that about four missiles have been fired on the vehicle, which has been reduced to ashes. It may be mentioned here that it was the fourth such attack since the killing of Osama bin Laden in an operation carried out by the US commandos in Abbottabad.
In a similar attack on Thursday, at least five militants had been killed when US drone hit militants’ vehicle in the Datta Khel area of NWA. It is to be noted that US drone strikes inflamed anti-US feeling in the region and Pakistanis have been asking the US to halt it but to avail.

Five killed in drone hit | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

If terrorists need to be killed, Pakistan has to kill them. If U.S. feels that it needs to assist Pakistan via intelligence and technology, then go ahead and do so. Pakistan shouldn't give access to the third world countries to conduct operations. This will also be a good PR for the United States as it will not have to kill the innocents via very famous collateral damage...

To another question regarding the operational control of Shamsi Air Base, the officials said UAE was operating the Air Base.

The deception continues -- it seems the Air Force as an element of the Fauj, seems to want to learn the hard way. Now the UAE, a nation of less than one million citizens operates overseas bases in a nation of 185 millions - thank you, Fauj and Fizaiya - shameless

The deception continues -- it seems the Air Force as an element of the Fauj, seems to want to learn the hard way. Now the UAE, a nation of less than one million citizens operates overseas bases in a nation of 185 millions - thank you, Fauj and Fizaiya - shameless

The armed forces need to come out clean, indeed. If the government has allocated the air bases for these drones in Pakistan, then go ahead and expose who ordered it (Zardari, PPP, etc).

The armed forces need to come out clean, indeed. If the government has allocated the air bases for these drones in Pakistan, then go ahead and expose who ordered it (Zardari, PPP, etc).
It is quite comical when questions are raised about zardari or gilani or general civilian being able to control pakistan army and ordering them around. The gullibility or ignorance of this most lasting of pakistani traditions either smacks of charade or inanity of the informative environment.

Responsibility lies with the civilian govt in the first place , shooting down these drones are no big deal but the problem is - if the spineless cowards sitting in Islamabad ready to gamble their seats for national integrity - i highly doubt it !

why throw the dice on court of civilian govt. all strategic decisions are taken by armed forces in pakistan. why r they passing buck to civilian govt.

why r they hiding behind this "civilian govt" wen they have the real power in pakistan.

the fact remains they want to escape responsibility. if the drone attacks continue, army will say it is because civilian govt dint give us permission to shoot down drones.

if they give orders and america takes some strict action which hurts pakistan, they will say it is because of bad decision of civilian govt.

either way army is "happy".

why throw the dice on court of civilian govt. all strategic decisions are taken by armed forces in pakistan. why r they passing buck to civilian govt.

why r they hiding behind this "civilian govt" wen they have the real power in pakistan.

the fact remains they want to escape responsibility. if the drone attacks continue, army will say it is because civilian govt dint give us permission to shoot down drones.

if they give orders and america takes some strict action which hurts pakistan, they will say it is because of bad decision of civilian govt.

either way army is "happy".

you got it exectly what i think...

Back
Top Bottom