What's new

Doors open for negotiation with US on F-16 deal: Foreign Office

Like I said, I don't think a President Trump can and would necessarily do that. For one thing, he has deep opposition in the Republican Party in Congress who view him (rightly!), as not really one of us, who has just hijacked our party. I do think though, that relations with most Muslim countries would worsen under a President Trump. As I said, he is very, very, anti-Muslim in general.

Do you honestly think that the way our relations going downhill, there will be some sort of revival and the sore feelings shall end?
even if the F-16s come I dont see a future where Pakistan and USA are close partners anymore which sucks, Islamophobia + our perception since WOT has taken quite a big toll on a once thriving relation.

Like I said; Ignored. I could regale you with link after link, post after post, of Pakistan's involvement in it's ISI operations in other countries, Pakistan's support for the Taliban, other militant groups, Pakistan's long history of warfare...but I have learned that with people of your sort, it does absolutely no good. You are part of the whiny, "blame America for everything!" crowd and it is pointless to engage you, so have a nice day and goodbye. :wave:

The Afghan Taliban have the backing of the majority ethnic race in Afghanistan the pashtuns and their representative for the United States in 1999 told them that if they provided evidence for OBL's involvement in terrorists activities they themselves would have hanged him for the crimes he may have committed in the year 1999, the US ignored every thing he said and this same offer was again offered to the US after the 911 event but again they refuse because they wanted to fill their appetite for war, he appeared on the Charlie rose show and told this on live American TV again in 1999.

After 911 there were three American aircraft carriers present just outside the coast of Karachi threatening to bomb us back to the stone age, the fate of Iraq, Libya, Syria would have been our fate, yes we played you because a war mongering empire deserved to be played.

and regarding the countless wars the US has waged in the past decade, you own general admits on live tv that the US planned the invasion of many ME countries mere days after 911.

If you are not going to take me seriously then don't quote me again.

@C130 @KAL-EL @war&peace @Irfan Baloch

Last edited:
Do you honestly think that the way our relations going downhill, there will be some sort of revival and the sore feelings shall end?
even if the F-16s come I dont see a future where Pakistan and USA are close partners anymore which sucks, Islamophobia + our perception since WOT has taken quite a big toll on a once thriving relation.

I hope there will be a revival in large part, because of the WOT. It's my heartfelt belief, (And I think that of many American leaders as well.), that while America and the West may be targets of Islamic extremest terror, the vast majority of it's victims are Muslims, not Westerners. The countries most seriously threatened by the terror are Islamic countries, not America or Western ones. This is a fight NOT between Islamic radicals and the West but between civilization and barbarism and that fight can ONLY be won by Muslims, and not Americans or Westerners. We Westerners have proven too often be the cause of making things much worse and not better through our hubris and ignorance. We may be able to help, (If we stop making stupid, stupid, decisions! :hitwall:), but in the end, it is countries like Pakistan and other Muslim countries, that will have to win this fight for the heart and soul of Islam.

You said "we common Pakistanis want US to leave us alone". Surely common Pakistanis can can vote in a govt who will do the requisite as@Desertfalcon said

The problem lies with Pakistani Military who for all purposes is the defacto power running Pakistani FP on behalf of a rubber stamp govt. They misguide Pakistani people by giving anti-US statements all the while running off to US every now and then to ask for more money to save their economy, more weapons to fight their wars etc

All said and then, China hype aside - Look at the data - Major proportion of Pakistani trade is with west and not China. It is the US controlled IMF and WB which is effectively financing Pakistani budget deficit and debt repayments without which they would default and go bankrupt.
Common Pakistanis don't know this and are driven by deep state propaganda which makes US a convenient villain and China the angelic savior.

Put simply if US makes IMF and WB pull the plug - Pakistan will collapse without a whimper but US cannot do that because of the risk of nuclear weapons in hands of Jihadis. Pakistani military for all it's faults is invested in survival of Pakistan and by extension won't seek to blow up the world which the extremists won't hesitate to4
So supa pawa india dosen't ask for loans from these organizations? check the figures how many loans india owes to various organizations around the world.
These are just a few from last year
World Bank approves $1.5 billion to support 'Clean India' campaign

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Clean-India-campaign/articleshow/50206100.cms
World Bank Approves $625 Million to Support Grid Connected Rooftop Solar Program in India
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...grid-connected-rooftop-solar-program-in-india
World Bank Approves US$1.5 Billion to Support India’s Universal Sanitation Initiatives
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...upport-india-universal-sanitation-initiatives
World Bank Approves US$ 201.50 Million for Improving the Quality of Engineering Education in Select Indian States
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/lo...ty-engineering-education-select-indian-states

So supa pawa india dosen't ask for loans from these organizations? check the figures how many loans india owes to various organizations around the world.
These are just a few from last year
World Bank approves $1.5 billion to support 'Clean India' campaign

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Clean-India-campaign/articleshow/50206100.cms
World Bank Approves $625 Million to Support Grid Connected Rooftop Solar Program in India
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...grid-connected-rooftop-solar-program-in-india
World Bank Approves US$1.5 Billion to Support India’s Universal Sanitation Initiatives
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...upport-india-universal-sanitation-initiatives
World Bank Approves US$ 201.50 Million for Improving the Quality of Engineering Education in Select Indian States
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/lo...ty-engineering-education-select-indian-states

Your point being? Taking loans is not bad, taking loans to pay off interest on loans is bad.

If all goes well, Pakistan should take these F16s , no matter what. Don't covert AF fleet into Chinese flea market.

Pakistan Foreign office aik baat kahun?

"Thuuuuuuu" :mad:

india lobbied the usa not to sell them in the first place against the defence department and the obama administration's desires

Pakistan has always started wars with India. I would expect not one to call it as dirty tricks cause any favour in terms of weapons will betray her relationship with India which has been the victim of Pakistan's aggression.

So whats new with this F-16 deal that the Foreign Office issued this statement?

Please ignore Indian posters as their only job is to derail discussion.

Pakistan should go for the same deal Egypt did for the Mig-35

24 Mig-35 or Su-30MKP for $1 billion :oops:

Russia does give credit for military hardware, not sure why Pakistan doesn't take a line of credit of $5 billion for Russian equipment

F-16 is inferior to the Mig-29 and massively inferior to the Su-30
The only issue is Russia won't sell them to Pakistan

Yet you arm and support rebels, one of such groups later becoming ISIS that kills countless innocent civilians, wages countless wars and invasions on lies of WMD's while you yourself arm other countries like Israel who actually have nukes, instead of pressuring them to reveal their weapons and maybe put sanctions on them like you did with Iran, on one hand you sign nuclear weapons deals with India, provide more sophisticated weapons to them while on the other hand you want to limit our own military and nuclear capabilities, why so that you can convert us into another Iraq?.

United States of America has been at war 222 out of 239 years of it's existence, that is a 93% of war time and only 7% of peace, this is a humble request to you that you PLEASE take your war mongering somewhere else and fvcking LEAVE US ALONE.
222 out of 239 years, I think you are mistaken on that :pop:

There is virtually no chance, (or at least very little.), that these aircraft would be used against India but there is a 100% chance that they will be used in precision strikes against the enemies of Pakistan, as well as those of Afghanistan, & America.

Yeah? The weapons that US did provide to the Pakistanis, were used against India in the past wars. What makes you so sure this time that F16's won't be used against India? Because the F16's that come with BVR capability can only be used against Talibani Airforce and not against IAF? Or that the Harpoons are sure to be used only against Taliban Navy?

On a side note - it's almost funny, if it is not so tragic, how the US spends fortunes to denuclearize Iran/Libya/NK and to hunt down OBL but it is willing to overlook or even bankroll the real proliferator in the region (Pakistan) that also harbored OBL right next to their 'Westpoint', in addition to indirectly helping kill scores of US soldiers in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom