What's new

Domestic violence: Man’s legs chopped off by wife, sister-in-law

What is your reaction/opinion to this story ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really! She could seek khulla (divorce). You'll be surprised how many women demand divorce these days.
the man would have gotten remarried easily, and what about the woman? no one would marry her, then what? maybe he would also take her children, there is no bigger calamity for a woman than have her children taken away.
Taking khula for such a matter would be deemed very bad in the eyes of the people around her

Ma'am...don't generalize men, please. Good and bad exists in male and female both. I remember just few hours back I was reading how in Egypt, women beat the shit out of men. Women are also involved in domestic violence against men. It is not the single way round. Only men are not guilty...

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1158555/egyptian-women-number-one-beating-husbands-shows-un-study/
I am not a ma'am, I am a dude.
and also how much percentage of domestic violence is done against women, and how much against men?

and also how much percentage of domestic violence is done against women, and how much against men?

OK....I m unable to find UN crime statistics report where they have mentioned crimes against men and may be also about women....I can't tell...

Person with afia's avatar wd such thoughts
???

1161853-Punjabpolice-1471131993-561-640x480.jpg

MULTAN: A woman chopped off her husband’s legs with an axe after he forbade her from leaving the house in his absence in Vehari, police said on Saturday.

They said an FIR had been registered against her and two others.

A spokesman said Maqsood Ahmad had been admitted to the emergency ward of Vehari District Headquarters Hospital in a critical condition after he was attacked with an axe by his 42-year-old wife Maqboola Bibi, her sister Rasoola Bibi and brother-in-law Iqbal.

He said they had tied 50-year-old Ahmad to the bed and cut off his legs.

He said Ahmad had told police that he had forbidden his wife from leaving the house in his absence. He said this had prompted the attack.

The spokesman said neighbours had called Rescue 1122 who took Ahmad to the hospital. He said an FIR had been registered and teams had been formed to arrest the suspects.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 14th, 2016.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1161853/domestic-violence-mans-legs-chopped-off-wife-sister-law/
Our society is so violent
Isn't it so called honour attempted male murder

Last edited:
Why every one surprise?look around you compare to other barbaric incidents this is nothing not even value to post.

Islam strongly prohibits the killing of any person without lawful reasons. Islamic teachings do not allow any person to take the law into their own hands and to commit murder, no matter what justification is used.

People who defending this should read below:

Holy Quran, Chapter 4, Verse 93:
The punishment for one who purposely slays a believer will be to live in hell fire forever. God is angry with him and has condemned him. He has prepared for him a great torment.

1161853-Punjabpolice-1471131993-561-640x480.jpg

MULTAN: A woman chopped off her husband’s legs with an axe after he forbade her from leaving the house in his absence in Vehari, police said on Saturday.

They said an FIR had been registered against her and two others.

A spokesman said Maqsood Ahmad had been admitted to the emergency ward of Vehari District Headquarters Hospital in a critical condition after he was attacked with an axe by his 42-year-old wife Maqboola Bibi, her sister Rasoola Bibi and brother-in-law Iqbal.

He said they had tied 50-year-old Ahmad to the bed and cut off his legs.

He said Ahmad had told police that he had forbidden his wife from leaving the house in his absence. He said this had prompted the attack.

The spokesman said neighbours had called Rescue 1122 who took Ahmad to the hospital. He said an FIR had been registered and teams had been formed to arrest the suspects.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 14th, 2016.
Where is Asima Jehangir....
Her protest against Pakistani or womens ....

Last edited:
sis their is difference between feminist and feminazi. i myself am a feminist (though i prefer the term equalist ).chopping someones legs off or throwing acid both are heinous acts and perpetrator should be punished regardless of his/her gender.not encouraged like some people here was doing.

then what? faced domestic abuse at the hands of her husband and be miserable for the rest of her life?
living in fear of men exactly like men want? nice
no don't bear with him if he is abusive leave him and divorce/dump his *** as fast as you can.we are with you but chopping someones legs :o: and thinking that what you did was right is wrong.two wrongs don't make a right

In Hinduism, shiv ling, is worshipped.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingam

With all due respect. And I think this is their way of understanding the world. Shiv respresents the masculine power of destruction, hence a new begining as well. Female energy is also worshipped.

Check the Wikipedia link. It also has its pictorial description.
:o::o::o::o::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

so by this logic there should be no law or legal implication on women for war crimes because how many women commit war crimes but still there are these laws and they are gender neutral .
if one thing wrong it is wrong.it doesn't matter who commit it and how frequently it is committed.law should be there to protect every minority and majority equally.
let me make a scenario. one day you are walking on a street minding your own business and a car pulls over. 4 women came out of it and kidnap you.they rape you and the cut your peepee and left you there to rot somehow you get help and after treatment go to the police but police officer says he is unable to file rape FIR because present day laws doesn't have clause which make women raping a man a crime as law maker doesn't thought it to be the need of hour because statistics.
now tell me what will you do.
women protection and male protection are not mutually exclusive.you can have both.its like a guy saying to other that i am earning less then minimum wage so should you.it is wrong they both need to see their employer to give the first guy a pay rise instead of fighting with each other.

Last edited:
Social norm? Last I remember, a certain religious organization in your country passed a law which allows 'light beating'. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ightly-beat-their-wives-islamic-council-says/
This is rather messed up - not to mention in a country where religious bodies hold real power.

As far as kashmir goes, we are an occupying foreign power there, right? why do you expect us to play nice?

Do you know what a "social norm" is by any chance ? .. or are you here just to repeat talking points like a parrot ?

Last edited:
the man would have gotten remarried easily, and what about the woman? no one would marry her, then what? maybe he would also take her children, there is no bigger calamity for a woman than have her children taken away.
Taking khula for such a matter would be deemed very bad in the eyes of the people around her

I gave you an Islamic opinion that she can seek a khulla and be done with him. How society perceives her, remarriage problems, etc is not relevant. I answered your question about a way out for her and you obviously you have other ideas on your mind. Please share?

am tired hard to reply point by point but here is a quick one.

1. The abusive comment was directed towards another female member that is why I replied to him.

2. :what: when legs have become private parts?

3. The mental disorder comment was in general not specifically about this incident.
4. for the bold part there are few factors which Indeed also force us and specially me from the specific field do question and wait for the story to unfold even in case of men who commit such crimes. Take for example the murder of British national of Pakistani origin Samia.

I think you are overreacting on this topic every now and then. Why do you avoid participating on threads where a men kills a woman or chops off her nose or tongue ?

1. Nope it wasn't .. It was an unnamed comment directed at "femanazis" ...
2. Your reply to his comment about him doing such and such with his privates .. was "better to chop it off" ... and I've seen a quite a few comments by you on threads which involve "chopping" and making examples out of the perpetrators (men exclusively) ...:stop:
3. The reason why I point this out, is because in general when women commit crimes, the usual reaction is, well "something else must be at play here" because somehow we've accepted implicitly that women don't have the potential to do evil .. and by the way this is not a dig at you or our society as a whole .. even the western world has such biases ..But recognizing this is the first step in alleviating a problem wouldn't you agree ?

4. Well good to see a you are not as biased as you seem ... although when you try to defend someone who openly calls chopping off an innocent man's legs off as "good work" ...:no::no:

5. As far as your criticism on me, I remember being on the QB thread, the thread with the whole light beating thing etc. I just don't get enough time to spend on here ... otherwise I'd be a much more frequent poster ... :raise:

I condemn this act. I always find it so stupid when people on any domestic violence or honor killing case ask what if women do the same to men. Here we are going to face another tragic situation in society. This is not how you tackle down the problems. Now even illiterate people are on social media and when they read such stuff, they actually plan it out when face such problems. How does it help? It even raises up the crimes in society. And things get out of hand, when law and order is already dysfunctional. Eduction is the key to solve these problems. Domestic violence is equally condemnable for both men and women. I hate how feminists want equality and sometimes get away with shortcomings saying "oh I'm just women you know, fragile". Double standards.

m7ibq.jpg

then what? faced domestic abuse at the hands of her husband and be miserable for the rest of her life?
living in fear of men exactly like men want? nice

Oh great, "living in fear of domestic violence" or being subjected to the "possibility" of domestic violence is somehow worse then actually committing domestic violence of the worst kind ? heck, this could have easily taken his life..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

The rate as reported is 40-60 .. and lets not ignore the fact the under-reporting by males because of issues with shame etc.

However, since you are a dude, entertain the possibility that sometime in the future, you can very well face the music yourself at the hands of a demented woman for what ever reason ... and like your trying to defend this woman (doing pretty pathetic job of it actually).... there will be people defending her simply because she is a woman and your a man ... forgetting the fact who is the victim and who is the perpetrator .. like you have in this case ...

Back
Top Bottom