What's new

Domestic violence: Man’s legs chopped off by wife, sister-in-law

What is your reaction/opinion to this story ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
while her wife carry all the luggage on both of her shoulders, handling kids as well.

Sorry to say that is a full-blooded coward! At the madrassah we do marriage arbitration and seen many men who abuse their women and when the verdict does not go their way, they end up threatening us, and they quickly get into line, if you know what I mean.

These kind of ''men'' are not real men. From experience they're only good for abusing the weak and when they come up to a man, they back down quickly like a gidar that they are.

Bhai jaan, please read my comment about the related case. I said, I don't know the details of the case and said, lets go with the story, she is wrong!
I was responding to @Spring Onion, I quoted your post so that the argument would remain in continuity .. It wasn't meant as a response for you sir .. :tup:

In our society there are men who do not treat women in accordance to Allah's law, and if they're abused and there is no one to listen to them, rather, our sisters are very resilient and patient and keep the problems to themselves and some eventually snap. The said case and we don't know the details; lets go by the story, she is wrong!

On another note; how many men have ever helped their wife in the housework like nabi as'salaathu was'salaam did? I am a man and I would not like someone to treat my sister badly, so how can someone do that to someone elses? Women have rights and by ALLAH, those men will be held accountable for every tear his wife sheds!

I know many people that do (treat their wives good/ do household work etc.) ... Conversely how many women help with maintaining vehicles, doing the work if some household appliance breaks down, who lifts the heavy stuff when their needs to be "rearranging" etc. The argument goes both ways my friend...

Similarly, while men have responsibilities to their wives, wives have a responsibility to their husbands as well, how many times have you heard off putting comments about a husband not "earning/doing enough" ... while the husband is out working like an animal for the minimalist of wages simply because he can't see the disappointment on his wife and children's faces when they learn that they might have to sleep hungry at night ... ever thought about this stuff from that point of view ?.. how many men work their rear ends off for two dimes just so they can raise enough money to buy that ring that their wife just looked and walked away cuz she knew her husband can't afford it ...

So lets stop blaming men and just men .. because women also have the capacity to do evil and harm .. and this woman is an example of just that ...

I was responding to @Spring Onion, I quoted your post so that the argument would remain in continuity .. It wasn't meant as a response for you sir .. :tup:

I know many people that do (treat their wives good/ do household work etc.) ... Conversely how many women help with maintaining vehicles, doing the work if some household appliance breaks down, who lifts the heavy stuff when their needs to be "rearranging" etc. The argument goes both ways my friend...

Similarly, while men have responsibilities to their wives, wives have a responsibility to their husbands as well, how many times have you heard off putting comments about a husband not "earning/doing enough" ... while the husband is out working like an animal for the minimalist of wages simply because he can't see the disappointment on his wife and children's faces when they learn that they might have to sleep hungry at night ... ever thought about this stuff from that point of view ?.. how many men work their rear ends off for two dimes just so they can raise enough money to buy that ring that their wife just looked and walked away cuz she knew her husband can't afford it ...

So lets stop blaming men and just men .. because women also have the capacity to do evil and harm .. and this woman is an example of just that ...

I don't disagree by in large with your post, but seriously bhai jaan, a wife is going to fix a car??? Move heavy furniture, or fix household things, etc! Yes, she can help when asked too.

I agree with you and like i said in my first post about men coming to the madrassah complaining about ungrateful wife's. This is a bigger problem that most people think. This problem is more towards the rich people like you who have worldly goods. If you read my first post, I put the blame on watching drama and being too comfortable.

The member used derogatory language that is all. offering such a dk to feminists to suck with lemonade on it well can you approve such tasteless language just because someone else does not agree with your opinion?

I agree, an off-putting comment .. but was it directed towards you personally like you did with your response ? .. that too all the while talking about how there must be more to the story, how she must have a mental disorder to have thoughts of chopping up his legs and following through ... and lemme just say this is not the first time I've seen you talking about chopping men's privates so .. :stop:

Lastly there is a HUGE difference between a feminist and a femanazi .. a feminist can be the likes of Christina Hoff Sommers or Camille Paglia .. women, who stay neutral to both genders while making arguments .. Femanazis on the other hand are the likes of Andrea Dworkin who say that "men especially love murder" ..

I think either you did not apprehend what I meant or you just making a case. I did not mean that we should give benefit of doubt to women. Indeed there must be something else about this story.

When such stories are surfacing recently then suddenly males of our society are woken up and now saying women should be punished equally (indeed a crime is a crime no doubt equal treatment should be there), however, the amusing thing
is that how few such crimes by women have jolted the male ego in Pakistan

Okay you say that we shouldn't give benefit of the doubt to women, yet you immediately follow it up by "indeed there must be something else to this story" ... how many times have we heard that for men who commit heinous crimes against women ... ?? Not alot ... it usually goes like ... he committed such a crime!! ... condemn him and make an example out of him ... that is the reaction an accused man gets where we don't know anything at all ...

Indeed men are waking up. However whats in fact really amusing is how the same principle of equality can be used to pretty much bust the implicit bias that third wave feminists have of women and equality ... that they are nothing but goodie two shoes and even in cases of them committing heinous crimes, there must be "more to the story" .. implying they might be the victims .. even though they clearly are the perpetrators ..

Point this out and you have the equality seeking feminists running away from the concept of equality faster then the flash ... :P

I don't disagree by in large with your post, but seriously bhai jaan, a wife is going to fix a car??? Move heavy furniture, or fix household things, etc! Yes, she can help when asked too.

I agree with you and like i said in my first post about men coming to the madrassah complaining about ungrateful wife's. This is a bigger problem that most people think. This problem is more towards the rich people like you who have worldly goods. If you read my first post, I put the blame on watching drama and being too comfortable.

If I can go against the social norms and do stuff that is considered "a woman's work" which can be cooking, cleaning etc. why can't a woman help me in doing the same ? However, I said this under the framework of "equality" and not gender roles .. as the society is slowly but surely leaning more towards the left ...

the rest I agree with you, and since I'm working under the framework of equality .. one also has to admit .. there are alot of ungrateful husbands as well ...

Just like Kashmiri throwing stones at Indian occupying forces, may be she also had enough of the Zulm her occupying husband was unleashing at her?

You do realize your comparing somewhat of a social norm with a full fledged freedom movement against an occupying force that has done atrocities in the thousands ... anyways ... your more then welcome to discuss the topic at hand, if you wanna discuss kashmir, just go to the relevant threads although I hear things are not going as good for you guys over there anyways ...

You do realize your comparing somewhat of a social norm with a full fledged freedom movement against an occupying force that has done atrocities in the thousands ... anyways ... your more then welcome to discuss the topic at hand, if you wanna discuss kashmir, just go to the relevant threads although I hear things are not going as good for you guys over there anyways ...

Social norm? Last I remember, a certain religious organization in your country passed a law which allows 'light beating'. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ightly-beat-their-wives-islamic-council-says/
This is rather messed up - not to mention in a country where religious bodies hold real power.

As far as kashmir goes, we are an occupying foreign power there, right? why do you expect us to play nice?

I agree, an off-putting comment .. but was it directed towards you personally like you did with your response ? .. that too all the while talking about how there must be more to the story, how she must have a mental disorder to have thoughts of chopping up his legs and following through ... and lemme just say this is not the first time I've seen you talking about chopping men's privates so .. :stop:

Lastly there is a HUGE difference between a feminist and a femanazi .. a feminist can be the likes of Christina Hoff Sommers or Camille Paglia .. women, who stay neutral to both genders while making arguments .. Femanazis on the other hand are the likes of Andrea Dworkin who say that "men especially love murder" ..

Okay you say that we shouldn't give benefit of the doubt to women, yet you immediately follow it up by "indeed there must be something else to this story" ... how many times have we heard that for men who commit heinous crimes against women ... ?? Not alot ... it usually goes like ... he committed such a crime!! ... condemn him and make an example out of him ... that is the reaction an accused man gets where we don't know anything at all ...

Indeed men are waking up. However whats in fact really amusing is how the same principle of equality can be used to pretty much bust the implicit bias that third wave feminists have of women and equality ... that they are nothing but goodie two shoes and even in cases of them committing heinous crimes, there must be "more to the story" .. implying they might be the victims .. even though they clearly are the perpetrators ..

Point this out and you have the equality seeking feminists running away from the concept of equality faster then the flash ... :P

am tired hard to reply point by point but here is a quick one.

1. The abusive comment was directed towards another female member that is why I replied to him.

2. :what: when legs have become private parts?

3. The mental disorder comment was in general not specifically about this incident.
4. for the bold part there are few factors which Indeed also force us and specially me from the specific field do question and wait for the story to unfold even in case of men who commit such crimes. Take for example the murder of British national of Pakistani origin Samia.

I think you are overreacting on this topic every now and then. Why do you avoid participating on threads where a men kills a woman or chops off her nose or tongue ?

Social norm? Last I remember, a certain religious organization in your country passed a law which allows 'light beating'. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ightly-beat-their-wives-islamic-council-says/
This is rather messed up - not to mention in a country where religious bodies hold real power.

As far as kashmir goes, we are an occupying foreign power there, right? why do you expect us to play nice?

:lol: :lol: when was the last time any religious organization passed a LAW????

And oh you can mention India where saffron brigade holds real power that even forces Indian government to bend and cancel international sports activities

Why are you showing your frustration about Kashmir here? go to the relevant threads reported for derailing the thread.

OT: @Moonlight @django i don't know what to say on this i mean what she did was absolutely wrong but..... what do you guys say? :/

Back
Top Bottom