What's new

Domestic & Social Crimes [Mob/ Vigilante justice] Thread

This is an ill informed article and has many inaccuracies.

1. The article refers to "Mohajirs" as those who belong to Hyderabad , UP, Delhi, Bihar regions, but not those who migrated from Punjab and Haryana region.
Truth of the matter is , People from Punjab / Haryana even within india are many times mocked,
People from Punjab are usually looked down at and discriminated against by the "urdu" speakers who sketched their identity from the royal courts.

2. If what the OP has posted is correct, why isn't there similar identity problems in the rest of Pakistan ? Why is this problem amplified only in Karachi and Hyderabad ?

3. People who are from central India were always alien to NWFP, and historically looked at that part of the country as a far far outpost which shall never interfere with their lives.
Just have a look at the name NWFP, and one will understand how the people will be perceived.

4. If we look before 1970 within the Pakistani history, we will see that culture, economics, trade was dominated by the immigrants, however once other people like Pathans, Balochs and Punjabis came up to par, the immigrants could not let go of the control.
Remember Karachi produces NOTHING, it's economics is based upon trading what is produced in rest of the country.

are you out of your mind ? Keep India out of this argument, Punjabi's have left their mark all over India, our primi minister is a Sikh, what more proof do you want ? stop trolling please. keep your arguments related to Pakistan.

You claimed that we were using double standards when we supported the wife, and if the gender roles had been reversed, we would not have supported the murder. I pointed out that a scenario where the gender roles are reversed is highly unlikely. You then proceeded to go off topic by considering murder of a spouse in general, rather than murder of a spouse because he/she tried to rape your child multiple times.
A Forum is where a particular matter/incident is discussed......and people are expected to give a neutral and unbiased judgement about the particular matter.

I thought, in this case people were being biased....they were only analyzing the situation from one particular perspective only.
Therefore, I brought in another perspective so that the matter can be analysed impartially......HOW??.....read on......

Say, a man murdered his wife in such a gruesome manner.......the reason being........say adultery.

Now, would you support the man's act in this case??

If your answers is YES, then according to your logic it's OK....you were being impartial.

BUT, if your answer is NO, then you are clearly maintaining double standards.

You may argue that, adultary cannot be compared to the crime, the man is said to have done here(raping his own child)
BUT, consider a man who used to love his wife very much.......he may resort to such action out of uncontrollable anger and resentment towards his adulterer wife who has betrayed him.

Now, you may keep on arguing that the situations cannot be compared and I may continue to say that they can be compared.
AND our arguments will lead us nowhere.

Instead, if we logically consider that both the actions(by the man-in my case and the woman-in this case) ....had their own reasons/motives(whatever they might be).....then, most people will give their judgements in favour of the women in both the cases.
This is nothing pure biasedness.

So, the bottoline is that, you cannot do an impartial analysis, if you are analyzing a situation from one particular perspective only.....you need to keep all the perspectives in mind in order to come to a neutral conclusion.

[Thus, only to analyse the incident in a neutral manner, I brought in the perspective of a man........therefore I was very much on-topic.]

What if she had succeeded in cooking her hubby,sent him to a cooking competition and won with it. Imagine how that conversation would go. Host: So tell us about your dish and its magic recipe,how do we cook it ? Woman: Ahhhh ! You gotta have a lot of hate for your love I suppose.

No, no-one enjoy equal rights in pakistan as muslims do. However christianity, being a religion of book, faces less discrimination.

So now an Indian will tell us who and who doesn't have equal rights. My mother and her family are Catholics and never have they once been discriminated or felt threatened inside Pakistan. My first name is a "Christian" name and I too have never been discriminated on the basis of religion.

I heard of a case where a Christian girl was expelled from School because she wrote the wrong Spelling of Naat while writing school assignment and her mother who was a nurse was transferred to other city. Really a small Child who is learning, writing wrong spelling, it this a crime enough to expel her from School. And read the story of another Christian Child who was beaten by her teacher because he/she said,"I am a Pakistani and I am also a Christian."

Indian media at its finest.

How many Christians are there in Pakistan? ALL information agencies say 1.6 % while some extremist Christians I know of claim that they are 15% of total Pakistani population:cheesy:

Actually.. none of them got into the bureaucracy.. they struggled for quite a while, worked hard.. and set up businesses that would never have flourished in India.
The person who actually ran the newspaper.. my grandmothers father.. stayed in India till his last few days...and would still visit Nehru even when the latter was PM.. he came to Pakistan to live with his son in his last days.. and is buried here.
The Haveli the family owned in Lucknow has been mostly sold off, and is now in a sorry state.
And its not just this family, many others related to or friends with the family made a good name for themselves in Pakistan.. whilst their relatives in India crashed from the elite down to the bottom of the barrel.

Being part of the elite in India was never a guarantee for riches in Pakistan.. people came here with nothing but two pairs of socks.. they worked hard and Pakistan rewarded them.
It was not restricted to just the urdu speaking UP section..
Many families from Punjab prospered more in Pakistan..

Many families from Indian Bengal made a name for themselves..

The same happened to Hindu families that migrated to India..

True that. My family was lower middle class/middle class (but highly educated) in Bihar, but they worked hard in Pakistan, & they got rewarded for working hard. My dad's family left everything it had in India & came to Pakistan (first they went to East Pakistan, & then to West Pakistan in the 60s).

I don't see what the big deal is of being called a Mohajir. I've never seen it being used in a derogatory way and have only seen it being used as a way to find out what ethnicity someone was among friends.

Non-mohajirs and apologetic mohajirs tend to blow the issue out of proportion.

You don't need to punch someone in the face because he called you a mohajir to show how much of a true "son of soil" you are. :lol:

If someone calls you a mohajir to offend you, it's pretty clear they're morons and have a superiority complex.

I don't see what the big deal is of being called a Mohajir. I've never seen it being used in a derogatory way and have only seen it being used as a way to find out what ethnicity someone was among friends.

Non-mohajirs and apologetic mohajirs tend to blow the issue out of proportion.

You don't need to punch someone in the face because he called you a mohajir to show how much of a true "son of soil" you are. :lol:

If someone calls you a mohajir to offend you, it's pretty clear they're morons and have a superiority complex.
Why do you need a special identity to emphasize that you migrated from India?
Those who migrated from Pakistan/Bangladesh to India do not have any special name tag. I dont see that hurting them much. One is a PM and other was leader of Opposition.

I do not like this evolution into "mohajir" identity. Mohajirs should have obsorbed into sindhi culture and identity...But they resisted natural process of absorption and maintained distinct identity and still follow cultures of UP and Bihar...therefore they are still called mohajirs. Take example of balochs, they came to sindh in large numbers, adopted sindhi langauge and culture, and are nowadays very important sindhis e.g jatoi, mari, bhuto, chandio, talpur, zardari, laghari etc.

and what exactly is wrong with keeping own culture/identity alive. :coffee:

Who the hell are others to tell me what should be my identity, language, culture, traditions etc.

I choose them the way I like. No advice needed.

I personally don't see it as such. I see it as an "urdu" term for urdu speaker.
Well not personally you but in general, why was there a need to assert your rights by creating an identity( Muhajir means Immigrant, right?).
There is no equivalent political/social identity in India, I am not sure what was the need in pakistan.
Also, I gather it is equivalent to calling somebody 'p*a*k*i' in pakistan.

Mohajir (urdu spekers) are living very peacefully all over Pakistan, just like me. they do not face any of such a problem like being killed or torcher by any one else or by any community. so why in Karachi ....

better to name thread Mutehda(MQM) Identity rather then Muhajir.
After language bill was passed (Bhutto regime) Muhajir families were forced out of interior Sindh to Hyderabad and Karachi
punjabi muhajirs migrated from indian punjab to pakistani punjab they are basically punjabis so there is no or little hatred face by them
all the bloodshed and killings are in karachi because muhajirs are concentrated in one region if you try to attack them they will strike back offcourse

Back
Top Bottom