What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

Pay your taxes :P , we have enough schools and educated class in cities Carrier is for national defence, schools don't protect you once enemy is flying Sukhoi on your airspace - launchd from aircraft carriers

lol enough educated class? but not enough working class? people are on roads starving.. poverty is all time high..no jobs... doctors get payed 10000 rupees a month which doesnt even pay for ****... and as a matter of fact i do pay my taxes and donate to charities which open schools in remote areas. hence why i will be angry if my tax money is spent on aircraft carriers not on peoples welfare?
Being a pakistani myself i love it how pakistanis have made the soul pupose of their existence to crush india when india has moved on to a world class economy and a strong nation. indias eyes are on world...we still have our eyes on india.. so not much change since 1947 is there? open your eyes people the west is doing everything to crumble your country... black water is in pakistan... We pay 1.5 billion dollars for 18 f-16's? wtf we cant use them against a possible strike from india? air craft carriers not gonna do much when we cant afford to maintain it either. God bless this country because with citizens as blind as you... its not likely. assalam :pakistan:

Only few countries have been able to operate aircraft carrier sucessfuly such as USA UK and partially Russia who later gave and sold large part of their carriers as scrap metal. Our naval doctrine is defensive one while offensive operations are carried out airborne. So in a likely scenerio, we will simply aim to sink enemy ships entering our waters but airforce and strategic missle command will be tasked with striking targets deep inside enemy terriotery and may be tactical delivery of nukes too.

Airpower is always superior to naval and land. We can sink all the ships in the sea using airpower and targetted missles. Millitary and defense strategy are not defined on vis a vis basis.

Also adoption of JF17 is not for economical reason but for numerical superiority and sanctions protection.

lol enough educated class? but not enough working class? people are on roads starving.. poverty is all time high..no jobs... doctors get payed 10000 rupees a month which doesnt even pay for **** ...........

Nevertheless, Pakistan should embark on buying a aircraft carrier in next ten to fifteen years. I did not see Pakistan in a building spree of schools and hospitals from tax revenue. But I do see politicians and civil servants stealing money from the government and living in lavish style.

Just curious.

A better question. Why didn't Indian Navy use its aircraft carrier in the last two wars with Pakistan. In fact in 65 it did not even leave the port. The answer is simple. An aircraft carrier on a standalone basis is nothing but disaster in the making. For an aircraft carrier to project power a supporting battle group is needed. In recent years only the Americans have been really effective in doing that anybody else with a carrier is just an ego trip and a waste of money.

A better question. Why didn't Indian Navy use its aircraft carrier in the last two wars with Pakistan. In fact in 65 it did not even leave the port. The answer is simple. An aircraft carrier on a standalone basis is nothing but disaster in the making. For an aircraft carrier to project power a supporting battle group is needed. In recent years only the Americans have been really effective in doing that anybody else with a carrier is just an ego trip and a waste of money.

well ur reply is as if u are here just to say and not listen.....

understand that in last 2 wars aircraft carrier wasnt required as it wasnt an all out war...... in 71 we did bring out the carrier.......result we all know and also importance of ACC in such cases.....

Why would we want an aircraft carrier?:what:

Our focus is on building a decent defence + ac's cost alotta cash.

GET UR FACTS RIGHT

YouTube - Indian Navy at war 1971 east

Actually, You can't have an Aircraft Carrier just to Defend a coastline of 600 Kms. Wait until Pakistan becomes a Super-Power then we will have an a/c to project our power world-wide;)

Back
Top Bottom