What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

instead Aircraft Carrier we need a Naval Air Arm equipped with JF-17s for aircover and JH-7As for maritime strikes.

AC Carrier is not good for PN n PAF. Where we would place it in SEA

pakadmin.jpg

We have hidden , portable Airports in Makran, KALAT, Hyerabad n MeerporKhas.......Which are more dangerous then AC Carrier.

Dont forget AC Carrier maintenance cost is to high......+ A single stealth cruise missile (RAAD) enough to do the job

Last edited:
It wont be an advantage, since losing one gets to be a pretty big insult look at the Indian Aircraft Carrier during 71 war PN sent missions to search and destroy the AC of IN they hid the beast from us, we were offered an AC by France in mid 70s when ZAB visited France, but ZAB declined the offer since it would have been trouble keeping it maintained and keeping it out of the reach of the enemy, he told the than PM of France to offer it to China instead but even they declined it. An AC is advantage if you have the know how but if you don't its just a burden on the entire navy, the IN has been repairing this rust since they had it, its no good.
I would give u a better answer but this would derail the thread..... The thing Why PN cant maintain the carrier is evident from ur reply. Ya U need to protect them. When War breaks U will have headache in protecting it.

AC Carrier is not good for PN n PAF. Where we would place it in SEA

Its not a problem of 'placing'....as long as you have a deterrent, capable carrier group....you dont need to place it....use it as a strike weapon at strategic locations (if you buy an AC that is), since you will have air power as well as naval cover....remember, 'offence is the best defence'....

We have hidden , portable Airports in Makran, KALAT, Hyerabad n MeerporKhas.......Which are more dangerous then AC Carrier.

Yes, true....mobile airports are a significant boost when you need to fight an extremely agile war....you always need to be two steps ahead....moreover the places you have mentioned are all near the coast, hence they can provide air cover for PN as well and simultaneously changing location to avoid being detected....

Dont forget AC Carrier maintenance cost is to high......+ A single stealth cruise missile (RAAD) enough to do the job

I wont again repeat what everyone else has said in all these pages....its not logical for PN to go for an AC....however, with that money, try to get subs....refurbish your existing fleet with better missile launching capabilities and radars....and try going for the 'swarming tactics'....i think i have mentioned this in another thread as well....get more missile boats and corvettes, set up them with your harpoons....these boats are fast and lethal and will scare the hell out of any AC....something the Iranians are doing....

For ASW, try to negotiate NH-90....its a beast....but i am not sure about it being offered....

No need to burden yourself with an AC....that will be a strain, militarily and economically....

Cheers!!!

I would give u a better answer but this would derail the thread..... The thing Why PN cant maintain the carrier is evident from ur reply. Ya U need to protect them. When War breaks U will have headache in protecting it.

Buddy, if a navy is determined to protect its AC....they can do it....

Trust me, PN has that capability even now....the only factor is $$$....

Cheers!!!

Buddy, if a navy is determined to protect its AC....they can do it....

Trust me, PN has that capability even now....the only factor is $$$....

Cheers!!!
Its not the capability.... Why do we need it? Too much assets spending thier energy to protect a carrier? When you are already well within the reach of your enemy then what is the need of it?

Its not the capability.... When you are already well within the reach of your enemy then what is the need of it?

No one is "not within" the reach of their enemies....that is the rule of a war....you have to take risks....

Why do we need it?

They dont need it....and that was my whole point when i said...."the only factor is $$$"....

Too much assets spending thier energy to protect a carrier?

I said earlier, its not logical for them to go for an AC....but if they do, they would know better how to protect it, they certainly have the capability to do so....they wont be leaving that as a showpiece in the middle of nowhere....

Cheers!!!

Pakistan buying an AC, you must be day dreaming. I have a very good idea though.

Sign a peace accord with India, both accept LOC as border and thats that. India as its a bigger country can go on with the expense that it mantaines on its militray expenditure, we on the other hand can drop militray spending by 80% start border petrol only and live happily and peacefully ever after.

If Afghans/any.coutry bullies we will have nuclear capability or else we get hired guns from India/China.... Sounds simple doesnt it?

i think mini aircraft carrier will be suitable for pn

What you mean is something of the size of the 14000ton Italian Garibaldi Class capable of operating 15 aircrafts including sea harriers and in future f35B

However such an aircraft carrier will set you back by at least 800million USD not to mention the air group comprising of 10 second hand harriers and 5 anti sub and AEWC Helicopters which will cost a further 200 mil USD

At first spend for space programs instead of aircraft carrier, if you look for more national pride and security. Because world will see it more positively.

Also you may get revenue as India is getting by launching foreign satellites, as I think as a non-expert.

No one is "not within" the reach of their enemies....that is the rule of a war....you have to take risks....

They dont need it....and that was my whole point when i said...."the only factor is $$$"....

I said earlier, its not logical for them to go for an AC....but if they do, they would know better how to protect it, they certainly have the capability to do so....they wont be leaving that as a showpiece in the middle of nowhere....

Cheers!!!

This n ur other above post are good one :tup:

from where....
why u wanna steal it???...LOL
Alhamdolillah,you know whoever(Allah) created us he has all the money and wealth for us.There is no end to it . It is limitless.:woot:
Allah Keh Khazaaneh Bharreh Howay hein hamaray leyay.:cheesy:
:pakistan::pdf:

An aircraft carrier is an offense weapon.Considering that Pakistan military is groomed to fight a bigger opponent its important that yu develop defence capabilities.For example f 16 acquired by your air force.It will never truly last if an all out air war breaks out but on the other hand if you had invested in an integrated air defence system it will make your adversary think twice before attacking

the situation your facing is much similar to what Germany faced in world war 2 , she had to go up against the royal navy the most powerful one then.Germany invested heavily in u boats which helped her to stand on her feet.A similar approach is what you should be thinking

Aircraft carrier can be used in any way we want....
considering of considering us being global power:-)cheesy:) we will be needing all kindz of Aircraft carrierz and weopons systemz
:sniper::pakistan::pdf:

shaaabaash:angel:

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

just like pajero-mini???:P

Thanks for appreciation...
To tell u the truth lot of pplz dont know...but Alhamdolillah in the future we r the only global super power...Inshallah soon the world will be amazed when we will achieve this status.
and how I know that..cuz Alhamdolillah I have seen it in the dream that we are going to rule the world very soon inshallah.
:sniper::pakistan::pdf:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom