What's new

Does Pakistan need it's own Cold Start Doctrine?

Does Pakistan need it's own Cold Start Doctrine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
more than 60% of Pakistan Army has cantonments or is deployed near the border, why even need a CS?
It doesnt make sense.

india needed CSD to overcome a big problem of mobilising.

No...Tactical nukes are to be fired from nasr missile deep inside Indian territory...I agree there is misconception about that but point is to damage enemy's land/soldiers not ours..
There will be a conventional war with the advancing units inside Pakistan, but their supply lines, reinforcements, and communication lines will be cut off by Nasr tactical N missile, in other words the advancing Indian crack and shock troops, and their armoured brigades or divisions will be trapped inside Pakistan and dealt with accordingly..

Cold Start is actually pretty sound, if it does manage to strike across the LOC and break any meaningful resistance at several points, Pakistani troops will have no choice but to fall and give land or risk being flanked or encircled and force Pakistan to the negotiations with India having the upper hand.

To deny it's importance, however infant it is in stage, is a folly. I am sure, and hopeful that Pakistani tacticians do have some measures in place to counter these. I still don't buy the excuse that only nuclear defence is the only option, personally I favour investment in more conventional capabilities. If Israel can defeat larger armies with limited man power, why can't we?
Because Pakistan does not have the US fighting for it with all its means, political, economic, and military, like it does for Usrael.. To the contrary it might be arming the Other side with the best conventional weapons on the market or even restricted to a few countries.. Nasr wasn't thought of lightly..it was a requirement..

Pakistan needs to develop a new type of military strategy, we cant go toe to toe with a force much larger than us so instead we need to be using superior equipment and strategy to give us an edge.

My solution would be:

Researching drone swarm tactics and fabricating a ton of cheap drones; also drones with weapons capabilities that can blow up supply trucks and troop convoys, as well as relay intel from deep in enemy territory. Another bonus is that we could overwhelm enemy air defense systems allowing our piloted aircraft to penetrate far into their airspace.

inline_e5eda79c-e49_890060a.jpg

Laser targeting systems that can be handed out to all ground units allowing artillery, fighters, bombers, and drones, to coordinate with soldiers and provide much more accurate strikes. We already have a targeting system, but I don't know if its fully deployed and if aircraft and other equipment are compatible.

I also think money should be pumped into SUPARCO to develop and launch military satellites so that we have accurate real time information, allowing us to develop and implement strategies much faster.

all in all, the total cost should be around 200 million. Over a number of years this is easily affordable.
This looks like another form of Ababeel, on a tactical level..

Last edited:
Though we don't brag about it like indians, but we have a far better and more effective doctrine called, "Mushroom Cloud" doctrine.

Your thought process is to the target. I was thinking starting a like thread but you beat me.
I still dont agree with the strategy, but you have pointed in the right direction

Looking at past wars we have come close to nabbing certain villages, and strategic roads which would have led to cutting the enemies supply line and then victory. The only thing stopping us was, the slow deployment of forces, a lack of communication between officers, and bad coordination between army and air force.

By creating a strategy essentially giving each individual commander greater control, it increases our chances of victory and means that our forces can seize the initiative without having to stop the offensive and wait for orders from Rawalpindi, and consequently allowing the enemy to reinforce. This is a similar tactic used by the Israelis, the Finnish (when they repelled the Soviet Union), and Germany (Blitzkrieg).

There are limits, and the doctrine must also be combined with an effective combined arms strategy to allow domination over our enemies traditionally rigid forces, therefore multiplying the shock factor and demoralisation.

The consequences of our previously centralised command structure:

"At a time when Major (General) Akhtar Hussain Malik was to take over Akhanoor to pave the way to take Srinager, the capital of Kashmir, he was wrongly removed from the command, and General Yahya Khan was put in his position. Perhaps the aim was to deprive Pakistan success in Akhnoor, Yahya Khan accomplished this task very well."
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, one of the main players of this game (Operation Grandslam), also later argued that,
“Had General Akhtar Malik not been stopped in the Chamb-Jaurian Sector, the Indian forces in Kashmir would have suffered serious reverses, but Ayub Khan wanted to make his favorite, General Yahya Khan, a hero.”"

So are you gonna nuke your own territories like Karachi and Lahore??
Man , you guys are genius. Lolzzz
Genius just like 1965 when you announced to the world tea at Lahore gymkhana and didn't even cross into pakistan more than a few meters before the locals beat the crap out of you and our air force just obliterated your tanks do u think you will get anywhere near our cities. You think no one is watching the build-up on your side. Do u think 1000s of tanks men and artillery won't be noticed and we won't be waiting an the day you engage we will let you have it. Wake up and whilst you are there wake up your generals. Otherwise cold start will lead to a very warm morning with a nuke up your lungi and all the hunuman braves will be written in legends in stone.

Here lays a brave India soldier lead by Indian donkeys and died for nothing

:lol: Pakistan should have a cold start just like India has.

On serious note, Pakistan has to remember that 80% of Pakistan population just live on the other side of the border. I guess, Lahore, Islamabad will be the first causality. If Indian Navy is also Involved you can include Karachi too to the list. On Indian side, majority of the land on this side of the border is desert, Pakistan have to come considerable distance to capture any Indian city. With superior Indian armed forces, any Pakistani advancing army in India land will be roasted.

Cold starts are for those armies, who stay in their barracks.
PA is already facing action all over Pakistan, and due to the threats from both east & west, they are already in the operational state.

"So cold or Hot, we are ready" Gen Raheel.

On serious note, Pakistan has to remember that 80% of Pakistan population just live on the other side of the border. I guess, Lahore, Islamabad will be the first causality. If Indian Navy is also Involved you can include Karachi too to the list. On Indian side, majority of the land on this side of the border is desert, Pakistan have to come considerable distance to capture any Indian city. With superior Indian armed forces, any Pakistani advancing army in India land will be roasted.
But you'll have to cross that desert first.. won't you be totally exposed?

Last edited:
I voted yes but with Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka included. This way Pakistan can extend it's territory to include all of the Indus River and Bangladesh can gain all of the Brahmaputra River flowing through Indian territory. China and Sri Lanka can attack from the north and south. This will keep the Indian military scattered and confused long enough to fortify positions.

Its a good thing ( for Pakistan) you didnt join the Army.

Your war strategies / aims suck, hilarious actually.

But you'll have to cross that desert first.. won;t you be totally exposed?

India already has significant army presence on IB. Any incursion of Pak forces into India will be detected. And 250 odd MKI will do the remaining work.

I voted yes but with Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka included. This way Pakistan can extend it's territory to include all of the Indus River and Bangladesh can gain all of the Brahmaputra River flowing through Indian territory. China and Sri Lanka can attack from the north and south. This will keep the Indian military scattered and confused long enough to fortify positions.

Lol so this your Pakistani "master plan" , begging other countries to fight your war. Why would sri Lanka & Bangladesh ever side with Pakistan? Also can never invade Kashmir , its a militarized bottle neck .

Good-luck getting to Karachi through your navy, unlike '71 we have early warning systems, land based anti-ship cruise missiles and maritime patrol aircraft, any Indian navy misadventure will cost India dearly.

India already has significant army presence on IB. Any incursion of Pak forces into India will be detected. And 250 odd MKI will do the remaining work.
We are talking about the CSD, not about a Pakistani incursion inside India, incursions will occur if the CSD is applied..and we are talking about the only two ways Indian army has at its disposal for a massive invasion/incursion of Pakistan..one of them is through the same desert you were pointing to..

Genius just like 1965 when you announced to the world tea at Lahore gymkhana and didn't even cross into pakistan more than a few meters before the locals beat the crap out of you and our air force just obliterated your tanks do u think you will get anywhere near our cities. You think no one is watching the build-up on your side. Do u think 1000s of tanks men and artillery won't be noticed and we won't be waiting an the day you engage we will let you have it. Wake up and whilst you are there wake up your generals. Otherwise cold start will lead to a very warm morning with a nuke up your lungi and all the hunuman braves will be written in legends in stone.

Here lays a brave India soldier lead by Indian donkeys and died for nothing
Calm down kid and get your facts right.

Back
Top Bottom