What's new

Does Pakistan need it's own Cold Start Doctrine?

Does Pakistan need it's own Cold Start Doctrine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We probably already have one.

Yes, Pakistan have it's own doctrine adopted after Cold Start doctrine was known to be adopted by India. Azm e Nau exercise were test of that doctrine.

Cold Start is actually pretty sound, if it does manage to strike across the LOC and break any meaningful resistance at several points, Pakistani troops will have no choice but to fall and give land or risk being flanked or encircled and force Pakistan to the negotiations with India having the upper hand.

To deny it's importance, however infant it is in stage, is a folly. I am sure, and hopeful that Pakistani tacticians do have some measures in place to counter these. I still don't buy the excuse that only nuclear defence is the only option, personally I favour investment in more conventional capabilities. If Israel can defeat larger armies with limited man power, why can't we?

That is why Pakistan have adopted new strategies/ doctrine to face Cold Start, why Pakistan buying SPH in numbers??? Why Air defence upgraded with FM-90 & LY-80E?? Just go through the purchases and you will understand that what Pakistan is upto.

Not possible. Pakistan simply does possess the capability for a 'blitzkrieg' like offensive into India and even if it does - any territorial gain would be lost in a slow and bloody advance by the numerically superior Indian forces. So, Pakistan needs to stay defensive; the best we could do is carry out small-scale breakthroughs with the objective of delaying and distracting the enemy until their resources are exhausted.

Cold Start is actually pretty sound, if it does manage to strike across the LOC and break any meaningful resistance at several points, Pakistani troops will have no choice but to fall and give land or risk being flanked or encircled and force Pakistan to the negotiations with India having the upper hand.

To deny it's importance, however infant it is in stage, is a folly. I am sure, and hopeful that Pakistani tacticians do have some measures in place to counter these. I still don't buy the excuse that only nuclear defence is the only option, personally I favour investment in more conventional capabilities. If Israel can defeat larger armies with limited man power, why can't we?

Israel gets $3 billion in aid from the U.S. and they get $30 billion behind closed doors every year. Also their military technology purchases from the U.S. don't come with delays like Pakistan's and hundreds of strings attached.

I don't think tactical nukes are the go to solution to counter Cold Start doctrine. If anything that would be the last thing to consider if all other attempts fail to stop Indian advance. Pak should(if it hasn't already) improve the mobility of its army so it can be quickly be amassed/deployed. Moreover key areas be identified that have strategic importance(I'm sure that's been done). If India advances and holds some desert territory in Sindh instead of countering that, launch an offensive on one of their key strategic locations, etc. This coupled with some A2AD strategies would render Cold Start useless.

Cold Start doctrine is a stupid idea between nuclear armed neighbors. Neither side will just sit quietly merely bcuz one side made quick thrusts and seized some territory before the other could mobilize. There will be a counter attack
Pakistan has a doctrine in Place,its called offensive defense and Pakistan army officers always mention it when it comes to cold start,no need to change something simple and effective.
Reason is that Pakistan has long strings of defenses along the LOC.
552630ea10d4a.jpg

Cold start doctrine is deeply flawed ,Only going to work when the other side is sleeping.
In 1965 India almost lost amritsar and Indian generals have accepted it,that was the time Pakistan didn't have MLRS.
Now we can blow any trenched infantry to hells and break through defensive lines with armored columns.
pakistan+armyA-100E+300mm+multi-barrel+rocket+launchers+and+two+SLC-2+active+phased-array+weapons+locating+radars.++Multi+Barrel+Rocket+Launcher+(3).jpg

Pakistan army will annihilate any advancing columns .
before they can mobilize their huge rusty military Amritsar will be surrounded .
amritsar_map.JPG

Pakistan needs to develop a new type of military strategy, we cant go toe to toe with a force much larger than us so instead we need to be using superior equipment and strategy to give us an edge.

My solution would be:

Researching drone swarm tactics and fabricating a ton of cheap drones; also drones with weapons capabilities that can blow up supply trucks and troop convoys, as well as relay intel from deep in enemy territory. Another bonus is that we could overwhelm enemy air defense systems allowing our piloted aircraft to penetrate far into their airspace.

inline_e5eda79c-e49_890060a.jpg

Laser targeting systems that can be handed out to all ground units allowing artillery, fighters, bombers, and drones, to coordinate with soldiers and provide much more accurate strikes. We already have a targeting system, but I don't know if its fully deployed and if aircraft and other equipment are compatible.

I also think money should be pumped into SUPARCO to develop and launch military satellites so that we have accurate real time information, allowing us to develop and implement strategies much faster.

all in all, the total cost should be around 200 million. Over a number of years this is easily affordable.

Pakistan needs to develop a new type of military strategy, we cant go toe to toe with a force much larger than us so instead we need to be using superior equipment and strategy to give us an edge.

My solution would be:

Researching drone swarm tactics and fabricating a ton of cheap drones; also drones with weapons capabilities that can blow up supply trucks and troop convoys, as well as relay intel from deep in enemy territory. Another bonus is that we could overwhelm enemy air defense systems allowing our piloted aircraft to penetrate far into their airspace.

Laser targeting systems that can be handed out to all ground units allowing artillery, fighters, bombers, and drones, to coordinate with soldiers and provide much more accurate strikes. We already have a targeting system, but I don't know if its fully deployed and if aircraft and other equipment are compatible.

I also think money should be pumped into SUPARCO to develop and launch military satellites so that we have accurate real time information, allowing us to develop and implement strategies much faster.

all in all, the total cost should be around 200 million. Over a number of years this is easily affordable.
You are talking tactical stuff buddy, not a strategy.

You are talking tactical stuff buddy, not a strategy.

Tactics and strategy go hand in hand but in terms of a solid doctrine:

Rather than our current strategy of trying to directly counter enemy equipment and numbers, we should focus on reinforcing a solid defence line in Kashmir and Punjab,and building a smaller but offensive force capable of making many quick counter attacks using superior equipment and technology.

In strategic words, we pivot more towards 'maneuver warfare' to checkmate our slower and larger opponent before they realise it.

My solution would be:

you mean harpy type system bro, i really like your thinking:tup::pakistan:

In 80s there was something called golden arrow. Pakistan army offensive doctrine. Not sure if that doctrine is still around.

Rather than our current strategy of trying to directly counter enemy equipment and numbers, we should focus on reinforcing a solid defence line in Kashmir and Punjab,and building a smaller but offensive force capable of making many quick counter attacks using superior equipment and technology.

In strategic words, we pivot more towards 'maneuver warfare' to checkmate our slower and larger opponent before they realise it.

Quick question, what would be a bigger loss for Pakistan? Losing or being cutoff from Karachi to the offensive or Lahore?
I only ask since you talk about fortifying Punjab, but it is Sindh that I see as the lifeline of Pakistan.

Quick question, what would be a bigger loss for Pakistan? Losing or being cutoff from Karachi to the offensive or Lahore?
I only ask since you talk about fortifying Punjab, but it is Sindh that I see as the lifeline of Pakistan.

I think because most Indians forces are based around Kashmir and Punjab, those would be their two primary targets.

I think Rangers are currently suited to defend the Sindh region. The Sindh-Gujurat border is also marshy, and to its north Thar Desert provides another natural barrier, which Rangers should be adequate enough to defend.

Finally, capturing Lahore would open the road to them taking Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

So are you gonna nuke your own territories like Karachi and Lahore??
Man , you guys are genius. Lolzzz
That's their game plan. They nuke lahor and Karachi. We nuke rest of them with Air,sea Land. So NRI Pakistanis can create threads against India and it's obvious aggressive actions by destroying their left over country of 1971

you mean harpy type system bro, i really like your thinking:tup::pakistan:

precisely, swarming is a new tactic that even Russians and Americans are struggling to come up with solutions for.

It would be at least 15-30 years before the Indians could come up with something to counteract it

Your thought process is to the target. I was thinking starting a like thread but you beat me.
I still dont agree with the strategy, but you have pointed in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom