What's new

Does meditating make you feel different?

I hear you but there's an Ahl-e-hadith Masjid here but a little far from my place. The imam there usually takes only ten minutes for 4 rakat and i enjoy it much more. 10 minutes are reasonable. don't you think ???.
Yes, 10 minutes looks good to me. However, it is not about how much time one takes to say the prayers, it is about the quality of the prayer. A well-focused prayer concluded in 5 minutes is better than a longer prayer in which one's mind wandering everywhere. If you can maintain concentration during your prayers, and for longer periods of time, subhan Allah, nothing better than this.

Yes, 10 minutes looks good to me. However, it is not about how much time one takes to say the prayers, it is about the quality of the prayer. A well-focused prayer concluded in 5 minutes is better than a longer prayer in which one's mind wandering everywhere. If you can maintain concentration during your prayers, and for longer periods of time, subhan Allah, nothing better than this.
I can't focus in a 4-5 minutes prayer. it's already hard to keep pace with the imam :lol:

If my mind gets cluttered, i take a hot shower and listen to some music, preferably rap, jam a bit along with it and then back to books. :D

Looking at it from basic science, when you relax and try to empty your mind and concentrate on 1 point or even concentrate on something, your mind feels relaxed with such activities.
Another point being in todays world we do alot of sitting work, hence, the "solat" we preform gives a brief exercise to the muscles...
And then I once read this thing about the earth's magnetic field helps our our magnetism when we prostrate since I suck big time at Physics I didnt read details nor understood what I read....

In the west, there are many "clinics" which encourage children to go play in nature, to walk barefeet and then there are also scientific explanations of peace with Yoga and Tai Chi...Anyway there are other forms of "science" working when you are one with the earth and standing in silence and concentrating....
That's why our ancestors , world over- be it Indus valley, Chinese, Egyptian, Mesopotamian or even the remote Amercian civilizations worshipped forces of natuer

I hear you but there's an Ahl-e-hadith Masjid here but a little far from my place. The imam there usually takes only ten minutes for 4 rakat and i enjoy it much more. 10 minutes are reasonable. don't you think ???

Yes but only in ramadan.

Not always, but fajr usually takes ten-twenty minutes unless it's Ramadan. :)

Praying ten minutes and going home reading Quran for another 15 is just as good.

Not always, but fajr usually takes ten-twenty minutes unless it's Ramadan. :)

Praying ten minutes and going home reading Quran for another 15 is just as good.
Nah, ten minutes for Faradh and another 10 for sunnat and nawafil.

Nah, ten minutes for Faradh and another 10 for sunnat and nawafil.

What's your signature say? I guess I'll find out tomorrow got class early in the morning good night people. :)

What's your signature say? I guess I'll find out tomorrow got class early in the morning good night people. :)
It's translation will be ''A sword raised for an unjust purpose is Fitna, Not just only a sword but a battle cry (Allah ho Akbar) is also Fitna.

Last edited:
I just got finished praying, I'm Muslim, however we all meditate in various ways. I wonder if anyone else gets a different feeling? When I pray I feel my brain relaxes and puts aside my responsibilities temporarily but I also feel really good in the heart I feel peacefulness. It gets to a point I am looking forward to next prayer time. I also feel it more during the night...not sure why.

But, there is definitely something different than being in a normal state. It makes you feel more pure.

My mother is into Yoga and meditation. She has been following a regular routine for the past 8 or 9 yrs and it has made a lot of difference for her. So, i guess it works.
I pray daily for 12 to 15 minutes in the morning and it sure makes my day. I think it's because of the positive vibes of the prayers. My day starts on a very optimistic and positive note.

To go to sleep, do any of following:

1. Do some intense cardio or weight exercise 2-3 hours before going to bed.
I want to sleep not pull a muscle and cry myself to sleep :blink:
2. Take warm milk with half teaspoonful of turmeric (haldi) powder.
α-lactalbumin, and tryptophan (an amino acid) + curcumin promote sleep.
:ashamed: Uncle I am not a young man...I am a girl ...BTW, you sound like my dad with the haldi..It is his magic powder to cure everything even our sick cat :blink: but it does work on the cat...everytime it attains injury we put haldi on the injury and then wrap it up poor animal ko mirchay kat ti houn gi ...then we mix some haldi in its milk and feed it...

As a bio student we did learn that it has antibacterial properties and is good...

3. Take salty yoghurt water (lassi), 50%w/v (50% yoghurt + 50% water).
Lactic acid in yoghurt promotes sleep.
Yes but make sure you are not lactose intolerant! Then go for green tea :D
Please don't get into habit of watching TV or using computer in night time. Reading books is better and studies have shown that book reading does help with sleep.

You are probably a young man, but when you'll reach to my age, insomnia will be an issue, so improve your habits to deal with it in later part of life. Almost 99% males suffer with two major problems in their later life, insomnia, and prostate enlargement. The only way of tackling with these two is through getting into good habits.
:blink:

Back
Top Bottom