What's new

Doctors of PDF,need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@acetophenol

Reply there at the private conversation when you come online.

@hinduguy
LoL! at the ram leela.

we definitely need a doctors cornor... I have lots of things to discuss... starting with vd...

Yeah you definitely need to reduce your weight Hindugaye.
Have some mercy on your office chair.:P

me too and i hate it

LOL !!! i specially hate the basic science !!! parasitology , bacterio , patho .....and other BS !!!

how in gods creation do these things help ?

and ps :

i also left my heart in palestine !! well thats common .

metformin is better. It also decreases long term mortality. Ask ur doctor to change. Btw that might be a neuropathic symptom but rarely DM affects cranial nerve. Also i have never read dysgeusia as symptom of voglibose. My recomendation change to Metformin 500 SR tab in consultation with your physician. Good luck

My mother has been taking Voglibose Mouth Dissolving Tablets 0.2 (brand name-Megavog 0.2) and has been experiencing problems with mouth i.e severe lose of taste.She can't know any taste correctly.

She is facing problems in swallowing the tablets,as the its taste is too bad for her.

My question is it normal to have all these effects?
How long can she take it?What are the effects of this tablets?

She is under treatment for diabetes,asthma and over weight.She is 57 yrs old.
metformin also increases insulin sensitivity which leads to weight loss.

Last edited:
My mother has been taking Voglibose Mouth Dissolving Tablets 0.2 (brand name-Megavog 0.2) and has been experiencing problems with mouth i.e severe lose of taste.She can't know any taste correctly.

She is facing problems in swallowing the tablets,as the its taste is too bad for her.

My question is it normal to have all these effects?
How long can she take it?What are the effects of this tablets?

She is under treatment for diabetes,asthma and over weight.She is 57 yrs old.

1. does she taken any medication with Alcohol as a buffer, homeopathic meds etc?
2. does she complain of a rash on her tongue or body, an itchy rash that makes breathing heavy?
3. Is your mother lactose intolerant? Can she drink milk?
4. Has she complained of tightness of chest, pain in bowel or diarrhea?

It could be she is having an allergic reaction to the inactive agents "Excipients" used in the medication. If these symptoms are present in your mothers case, get her checked out by your Doctor.

Some reading:
'Inactive' ingredients in meds can cause side-effects | Health24
http://pla.ce.bo.free.fr/biblio/the_safety_of_pharmaceutical_excipients.pdf
Hives (Urticaria and Angioedema) Causes and Treatments

Good luck and hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Voglibose is an alpha glucosidase inhibitor. The most common side-effects are nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain and loose stools. Hypoglycemia, elevated LFTs and hepatic dysfunction are also reported. According to my limited medical knowledge (3rd year MBBS), the active principle itself should not cause the effects you have mentioned so they could be due to other chemicals that form a tablet. In any case contact the doctor who has prescribed the drug. The prescription should have the doctor's contact number, it is there for this very reason, so that the patients can contact the doctor for matters regarding the prescribed drugs.
Diabetes is a serious medical condition under no circumstances change the medications, their dosage or timings or (self medicate) unless told to do so by a doctor who has examined the patient.

If the side effect persists she will have to switch to different drug...... Metformin or glimepiride maybe

"Voglibose is indicated for improvement of postprandial {glucose level in blood after meal} hyperglycemia in diabetes mellitus only when diet and/or exercise or oral hyperglycemic drug or Insulin preparation in addition to diet and/or exercise, does not result in adequate glycemic (Glycemic) control. The avoidance of high postprandial (aftermeals) blood glucose level is one of the main advantages of drug. "

So it seems the doctor has chosen Voglibose over other drugs like metformine or in addition to other diabetic drugs, may be, because other drugs are not producing effective results.

@Topic

after googling, I am not seeing any taste distortion as a side effect of Voglibose

Last edited:
With all due respect to the medical experts who have spent their valuable time to answer your query, do not take medical advice from the internet. It's your mother, I'm sure you can afford a real doctor's opinion for her.

Last edited:
Yaar - tum ko tu juma juma 8 din nahi howay join kia aur etna bara ilzam laga dia

Ilzam nahi lagaya huzur 8 din bahut hote hai aapke 2 saal 6 mahine k hunur ko janne k liye aur humne aapki shan mai char chand lagane ki koshish ki thi.

tu kab free hai bata de.. :p:

yea hakim nahi hai yea jhola chap doctor hai :P

With all due respect to the medical experts who have spent their valuable time to answer your query, do not take medical advise from the internet. It's your mother, I'm sure you can afford a real doctor's opinion for her.

It's not advice unless you "pay" for it... Till then it's time pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom