What's new

Do you think religion is a personal matter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to. But not gonna go through the pain to read a whole book about it. Have other things to do in my life.
Take your time boss. No rush. Slow and steady. It is a short book. Less than 200 pages... your choice. ..

Personally, while I find the sight of an aged (or a young) individual walking around stark naked, with his retinue, usually clothed, somewhat unsettling, I understand and tolerate their deeply engrained religious beliefs, where clothing is a binding to the social world that they want to give up. Not for me, but they have their reasons.
Even if law allows nudity not many will walk around nude in public.
What keeps your brain alive?
The Oxygen you inhale.

@PakSword

There is not a single verse in the entire Holy Quran in which Allah almighty has prescribed a worldly punishment for any religious offense

Two things become absolutely clear if one reads the Holy Quran :

1) Allah says that there is no compulsion in religion [2:256], It is a matter of free choice , No one is allowed to to force anyone in religious affairs. It is only for Allah to decide the punishment for religious offences

2) Disorderly conduct/Crimes that cause disturbance in the society (e.g theft, robbery, rebellion etc.) are punishable offenses

In any modern Secular state ;

1) Religion is a personal matter and not the business of the state

2) Disorderly conduct/Crimes that cause disturbance in the society are punishable offenses

So, a "State" based purely on Quranic teachings would be essentially "secular" where religion would be a "personal matter" and not the business of the state ...
Thank you for defining the term secular. Many a times people use this differently and some meanings of this term are used to imply that (absolute) Sovereignty belongs to Parliament or the People or the State but not God...

Personally, I believe Imam Ali A.S was his true successor ... Imamat is superior to Khilafat anyway
So according to you he appointed someone as his successor, right?

Just tell me, how did you convince yourself about the existence of a god?
Just like I convince myself about my consciousness. .

The Oxygen you inhale.

So brain dead people who are provided oxygen through machines are not brain dead? :-)

Just like I convince myself about my consciousness. .
So, believing that there is a god and praying to him will get you to heaven is pretty much a wishful thinking?

And as expected, this have escalated quickly!!
People you are ALL free to express your views as long as you remain civil! Whether you think religion is a personal matter or not, do not forget that this is a PUBLIC FORUM!

So according to you he appointed someone as his successor, right?

It's not about what I personally believe in, I hold/express dissenting views anyway ... It's about what the majority believes in ... hope that helps

So brain dead people who are provided oxygen through machines are not brain dead? :-)
Actually you can't keep dead people in ventilation for long. Their tissues will decay.

A lot depends on your body's condition. When you die, your brain keeps shutting your organs down. At last it shuts itself down. After brain shuts itself down it no longer takes oxygen.

Not in the place where decent people live.. :-)
Decency varies.

If that is true then by defnition it places all Muslims living in the west and or non Muslim societies in a bind. I should think a mullah somewhere ought to give a fatwa that no right minded Muslim should migrate to a non Muslim majority region/countries as that act trammels his/her ability to practice their faith.
There are fatwas already available..
The thing is.. if a Muslim is living in a Non-Muslim state, he is bound to obey the law of that state.. If he has a problem, he should migrate to a better place.. If he doesn't think it is a problem, stay there.. Allah will judge his Niyah..

Decency varies.
That's where the religion comes.. :-)

Actually you can't keep dead people in ventilation for long. Their tissues will decay.

A lot depends on your body's condition. When you die, your brain keeps shutting your organs down. At last it shuts itself down. After brain shuts itself down it no longer takes oxygen.
Why?

It's not about what I personally believe in, I hold/express dissenting views anyway ... It's about what the majority believes in ... hope that helps
You have contradicted yourself anyway.. khair..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom