What's new

Do you think religion is a personal matter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is death.. I am coming back to my original question.. :-)
Missed it before. Death is the end. Your brain decides it is the end. And proceeds to shut itself down.

Your next question is why brain would shut itself down? Because it deems existing any further in such physical condition pointless.

Indeed, unless and to the extent that they object to others following their own 'laws'.
Don't follow Jahil Muslims.. In Islam, there are rights of minorities, which should be taken care of by an Islamic government.. We as Muslims are not allowed to destroy other places of worship, not allowed to disrespect others gods.. If some Muslims (including myself) do that, he is not following Islamic teachings..

Last edited:
Then Jains have problem with everyone.. it is their problem, not a problem of Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc.. They shouldn't live in a neighborhood where majority of other religions live if they get offended...

That's nice of you.

The problem is that large tracts of rentable property are restricted in the marketplace. A real pain. My friend Kiran J. has had no trouble getting apartment owners to quote; the moment his wife Zainab does the looking, there is a glass curtain. Ditto ditto for Bengalis.

And the moment I can, I plan to shift to an apartment where the owner is not an SI Brahmin. I will really miss the low rent, but I would like to have a steak at dinner, or sausages for breakfast, or very healthy grilled fish and baked chips at any meal, without feeling conscience stricken.

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

:big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ban everyone on the thread. Qanoooooonsssss ki baladasteeeezzzzzzz of the forum demands it.

Yes, no point in discussing it with you anymore as you deliberately ignored what I had said in my previous posts .. You are arguing just for the sake of it :
I didn't want to point out what you believe about the beliefs of Sunnis.. I wanted to discuss on what you believe.. Good day!

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

:big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss::big_boss:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ban everyone on the thread. Qanoooooonsssss ki baladasteeeezzzzzzz of the forum demands it.
Why? This is the first thread where no one is offending others..

BTW where is that phuljari who opened this thread?

Why? This is the first thread where no one is offending others..

forum rules prohibit religious discussions...................... its written in black and white

I didn't want to point out what you believe about the beliefs of Sunnis.. I wanted to discuss on what you believe.. Good day!

Again, it's not about what "I" believe about the beliefs of the majority ... It's about what the majority actually believes in .... Prove me wrong ... I had been very clear ...... Show me a verse from the Holy Qur'an or even a Sahih Hadith (Hadith considered authentic by the majority) which explicitly mentions who was going to succeed Muhammad (pbuh) ..... or which "political system" has been prescribed by Allah almighty .... And if you can't, then there is no need to keep arguing pointlessly

Have a nice day

Again, it's not about what "I" believe about the beliefs of the majority ... It's about what the majority actually believes in .... Prove me wrong ... I had been very clear ...... Show me a verse from the Holy Qur'an or even a Sahih Hadith (Hadith considered authentic by the majority) which explicitly mentions who was going to succeed Muhammad (pbuh) ..... or which "political system" has been prescribed by Allah almighty .... And if you can't, then there is no need to keep arguing pointlessly

Have a nice day

Yaar bas kardey bhai.. I haven't read your comment..

Hi ,
Do u think religion should be a personal matter or not ?

I believe on it in a sense that while meeting people, going out , working etc ... religion should be kept personal .
We should not judge anyone's act on religious bases while we should be broad minded .
And that we should not judge anyone's deeds , good or bad based on religion . Whether we follow religion or do ibadat, we should not go on boasting about it .

However , discussing with friends or good positive preaching is a good thing .

What do u think ?
Religion is a extremely personal matter.It really pisses me off when people in pakistan in most cases judge a person on the basis of how religious he/she is.Religion is strictly a matter between man and god.
When you are brought up in a religious society, where believers are the "superior" people and the infidels are who are "wasted people" who, anyways will go to hell - This, surely is no more a personal matter, it affects a whole country turn religious bigots. But, they won't understand. There are enough examples mocking Jews, Christians for being corrupt and Hindus as enemies. Bigotry is something which is natural.
I second your words.Religious societies are cancer to mankind.

The problem is that large tracts of rentable property are restricted in the marketplace. A real pain. My friend Kiran J. has had no trouble getting apartment owners to quote; the moment his wife Zainab does the looking, there is a glass curtain. Ditto ditto for Bengalis.

And the moment I can, I plan to shift to an apartment where the owner is not an SI Brahmin. I will really miss the low rent, but I would like to have a steak at dinner, or sausages for breakfast, or very healthy grilled fish and baked chips at any meal, without feeling conscience stricken.
Well, India is really high on racism...so no wonder..

It depends on context. Religion is not just personal. Most religions have acts of worship, we can argue these are mostly personal, but if you are performing a prayer in a congregation or a communal venue, then your religious experience is becoming public surely? Charity is key to many religions, the act of giving is personal sacrifice, but who you give to makes it in part public.

What religion you follow (or not), what degree you follow it too, that's personal.

Well, India is really high on racism...so no wonder..

Not racism, exactly; it's due to the tangled web of do's and dont's that many Indians live by. Too long to explain, but I have been watching this for a life-time, and never cease to be amazed at what happens in daily life.

Non-religious people are far more judgemental... people judge each other all the time. The words like slut, whore etc are mostly used by people who have no deep Islamic education. So to reduce judgmental behaviour in the society, the society needs to practice Islam and learn more about it.
Dude what is this is non sense?? So we as a muslim majority country don,t use words like randi,gashti etc ?? Religious scholars even use such words abundantly i.e khadim rizvi .

Religion is a extremely personal matter.It really pisses me off when people in pakistan in most cases judge a person on the basis of how religious he/she is.Religion is strictly a matter between man and god.

I disagree. All societies have a concept of good or bad built on religion. Morality and religion are intertwined. Some societies have morality built on more than one religion. Cultural norms also form a part of our morality. When people judge others, they do it based on all of that.

Nobody knows if i pray, or if i go into the room next door and come back after 5 minutes. I might be in congregation and merely bowing for exercise. Anyone who judges someone on outward appearance is an idiot, whether they are judging someone on the religious appearance or the message on the T-shirt they are wearing. Having said that, we will take our perception of someones piety into account when forming a judgement. The problem comes in when that is all you have to base a judgement on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom