What's new

Do you fear death?

Enh no! One is the absence of belief and the other is the presence of belief in some higher authority or construct..two diametrically opposed things..till the day someone claims to have seen Bill Maher's face on the moon lets not start terming atheism as a belief system.

Absence of belief is not atheism by default. I don't believe in any religion, but I also chose not to believe in the cult of "denying existence of God". People usually turn atheists either because 1) it's cool to be one or 2) to spite others who believe in God (whatever it is).

Absence of belief is not atheism by default. I don't believe in any religion, but I also chose not to believe in the cult of "denying existence of God". People usually turn atheists either because 1) it's cool to be one or 2) to spite others who believe in God (whatever it is).

True to some extent but there are other reasons which have often been equally prominent.

True to some extent but there are other reasons which have often been equally prominent.

Well, ideally I'd like to hear them out, but knowing that argument of this nature tend to be never-ending, I need to end the discussion here, atheist! ;p

Well, ideally I'd like to hear them out, but knowing that argument of this nature tend to be never-ending, I need to end the discussion here, atheist! ;p

True, although it seems that you are a close cousin if you do not believe in any organized religion (I hope I got that right). I have often thought that the latter stance serves humanity as a whole better than absolute atheism.

Butt sb. Flowers life is very short - you should wish for Immlii da boota

How goes life, how's the mustache and how is Iran at this time of the year..cold and snowy?

no but i have so many qes abut after death in brain

Tereko kya chinta hai? You are rockstar in life and if there is an after life then whether in hell or heaven you shall be a rockstar still! :enjoy:

How goes life, how's the mustache and how is Iran at this time of the year..cold and snowy?

All is well jaani - Mountains are covered with snow, so breezes and winds are cold enough to freeze water of balls, however no snow in my area yet :cry:

All is well jaani - Mountains are covered with snow, so breezes and winds are cold enough to freeze water of balls, however no snow in my area yet :cry:

Still, it must be a sight to behold. Snap a picture and post it if you can man.

Tereko kya chinta hai? You are rockstar in life and if there is an after life then whether in hell or heaven you shall be a rockstar still! :enjoy:
faat ke hath main a jaay gee tab :lol:

Its not a concrete conclusion at all, it is the refusal to accept the existence of a god given the current facts at hand. Atheism is not the belief in the non-existence (or at least his supremacy and the sway of organized religion) of god, it is a position and a statement. A statement that since no man can conclusively prove that god exists ergo given that fact I chose not to believe in his existence as long as said proof or approximation of said proof is not provided. It is a stand which is open to alteration, there is by its very nature an acceptance of the accompanying fact that man also cannot prove that god doesn't exist ergo one should not go about striking at any and all belief systems willy nilly and that one's stand can be proven wrong and if and when that happens then one shall have to accept that he/she was wrong. It is this very flexibility and the fact that the atheist position must be based on fact as is known so far rather than faith (which is in its real sense belief even where belief would not be merited on any logical basis, not that that in itself is wrong) is what makes it anything but a belief system. An atheist, if granted a visitation by god or having witnessed a "miracle" which he perceives to truly be a miracle (in its exact nature as per semantics) will have to revise his position, something that a believer would never do since his/her faith extends beyond either reason or just personal perception (which has a particular beauty of its own).

my point is , why not just come up with an answer of "i don't know"... thing with science is...if a blind man asks you for scientific evidence if the color red exists..what do you do ? i feel looking at this world only thought science(if not the most credible) is a very limited approach of exploring this universe ..

What do you think of Deepak Chopra ? most atheists hate this man to the core

my point is , why not just come up with an answer of "i don't know"... thing with science is...if a blind man asks you for scientific evidence if the color red exists..what do you do ? i feel looking at this world only thought science(if not the most credible) is a very limited approach of exploring this universe ..

What do you think of Deepak Chopra ? most atheists hate this man to the core

That's where the problem lies, its not viewing things through a monochromatic lens but rather accepting the limit of human perception and thus holding a position that states that within the limits of what I know and perceive I have not experienced god and ergo personally cannot believe in his existence to any appreciable extent which would affect my life or my actions. A position which is mutable. That's what I am trying to explain yaara, that the very limit of human comprehension is what is instinctively grasped by those leaning towards atheism or agnosticism, the only difference being that they put the greater burden on proof of existence rather than proof of non-existence.

Dunno who Deepak Chopra is. Atheism is done a great disservice when atheists act in any manner which can lead to them being collectively held as a group- atheism is the extreme example of a deeply personal choice and must remain so rather than being devolved and diluted by becoming a coherent and distinguishable grouping, it must exist as a lose coalition of those who have made that choice rather than a group with any tangible motive or aim.

Last edited:
OMG! :eek:

8009815-grave-burial-skeleton-human-bones.jpg

Back
Top Bottom