What's new

Do you fear death?

OP @IamBengali: how old are you? You shouldn't be worried about natural death yet.

True. He seems to be rather perturbed by it even though all things considered he is unlikely to face the particular bane till much later in life.

I'm Lord Voldemort ! :smokin:

So just shut-up Neville Longbottom ! :p:

Enh..you mean you wish to be stuck in limbo as some freakish and deformed toddler...suit yourself man.

What made you to become atheist?

Here in BD if you say you are atheist in public esp in a gathering of fanatics you will be shot dead. There were protests held few months back to hang atheists. ''Nastikder Fashi Chai". ''We want death penalty for atheists."

As for me, I am theist and I think Allah loves Muslims but his mercy is also for non-Muslims since he himself says in Quran that he is all forgiving , all merciful. When we evoke Suras of Quran every time we have to say Allah is all forgiving, all merciful. He says in Quran, he will forgive everything if he wants to.

I come from a Brahmin family. I have just noticed that people use religion to control other people. This is not just evident in Hinduism either. I have no problem with religious people because its their life, but when religion is used as an agent to control the mass, thats when it becomes a problem.

The internal satisfaction people get from following the teachings of god(s) can be obtained through other means IMO. For me particularly, its achieved through spending quality time with my family members.

I actually have fear of getting old. I am scare of helplessness and living in old age when you have to depend on someone else and become burden for them.

same here that's why I support active euthanasia

I come from a Brahmin family. I have just noticed that people use religion to control other people. This is not just evident in Hinduism either. I have no problem with religious people because its their life, but when religion is used as an agent to control the mass, thats when it becomes a problem.

The internal satisfaction people get from following the teachings of god(s) can be obtained through other means IMO. For me particularly, its achieved through spending quality time with my family members.

Find a truth that is true for you, one which you are willing to live for and die for. Paraphrasing Kierkegaard at his finest.:-)

Now thanks to ALLAH not much in fact it now fascinates me but when I was not following Islam it used too but after coming to Islam it is a thing we look forward to with honor and dignity and dying in the battlefield against the enemies of Islam and Muslims is best thing to have

Don't be such a wuss !

Be a man & grow a pair - If you die....you die !

Until you don't - Live, instead of just being Alive !

@IamBengali Ignore this lard bucket, he's always out to antagonize people. Albeit he is correct in stating that the extent/quantum of your fear (not the fear itself in its substance and particulars) is irrational. Barring any unfortunate accidents you will live for quite some time yet and I suggest that you understand that while death is inevitable it is the quality of your life that will count, immerse yourself in life and like a man after a hard's days work embrace death as blessed sleep when it comes for you.

Find a truth that is true for you, one which you are willing to live for and die for. Paraphrasing Kierkegaard at his finest.:-)
Exactly. I want to give back /contribute to the evolution of humanity. I would have issues with my self if I was only in the receiving end of what modern society had to offer.

Exactly. I want to give back /contribute to the evolution of humanity. I would have issues with my self if I was only in the receiving end of what modern society had to offer.

If that is the truth for you then so be it, it is yours and it should bring you satisfaction.:-)

I am in my early 20's but I fear death to core. :(

You are worried about after-life experiences that don't event exist. Fear life, not death, because that's when you feel pain. Right now, while you're alive, you're in pain because of your anxiety. But it's in your power to take this pain away - go do something you enjoy or eat something delicious. Once your dopamine levels are up, anxiety will go down.

@Dillinger keep athiesm v/s believer crap out of this , both are just belief systems anyway . Just like people who try to force their version of god on other are morons the same way atheists who end up with the weird sense of superiority complex and lack of empathy(not you necessarily, but most atheists i have noticed) are also morons

as for the topic
I don't fear death , i feel fearing death makes you not live life fully the way you want it . i just fear loosing a close one

Last edited:
@Armstrong Btw, didn't Neville decapitate the only living thing you ever held affection for, that slimy reptilian abomination not to mention a part of your much malformed soul?:partay:

@Dillinger keep athiesm v/s believer crap out of this , both are just belief systems anyway

Enh no! One is the absence of belief and the other is the presence of belief in some higher authority or construct..two diametrically opposed things..till the day someone claims to have seen Bill Maher's face on the moon lets not start terming atheism as a belief system.

Enh no! One is the absence of belief and the other is the presence of belief in some higher authority or construct..two diametrically opposed things..till the day someone claims to have seen Bill Maher's face on the moon lets not start terming atheism as a belief system.

Humans have not explored 99.99999% of the universe and 18-20 other dimensions which exists ... coming to any concrete conclusion is a "belief" ...

Humans have not explored 99.99999% of the universe and 18-20 other dimensions which exists ... coming to any concrete conclusion is a "belief" ...

Its not a concrete conclusion at all, it is the refusal to accept the existence of a god given the current facts at hand. Atheism is not the belief in the non-existence (or at least his supremacy and the sway of organized religion) of god, it is a position and a statement. A statement that since no man can conclusively prove that god exists ergo given that fact I chose not to believe in his existence as long as said proof or approximation of said proof is not provided. It is a stand which is open to alteration, there is by its very nature an acceptance of the accompanying fact that man also cannot prove that god doesn't exist ergo one should not go about striking at any and all belief systems willy nilly and that one's stand can be proven wrong and if and when that happens then one shall have to accept that he/she was wrong. It is this very flexibility and the fact that the atheist position must be based on fact as is known so far rather than faith (which is in its real sense belief even where belief would not be merited on any logical basis, not that that in itself is wrong) is what makes it anything but a belief system. An atheist, if granted a visitation by god or having witnessed a "miracle" which he perceives to truly be a miracle (in its exact nature as per semantics) will have to revise his position, something that a believer would never do since his/her faith extends beyond either reason or just personal perception (which has a particular beauty of its own).

Back
Top Bottom