What's new

Do Pakistanis have the concept of jhootha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt find an equivalent word for jhootha in English ..so i used hindi word...in India I have found Muslims generally drink with their glasses by putting it into their mouths...the same glass is used by other family members without washing that glass...and they serve water even to guests with that jhootha glass.
Although many north indians put the glass in their mouths ,they wash it and would not give water with the sam4 glass to the guests(we south indian hindus are very particular abt it and we consider it sin to give water to a guest in a glass which is jhootha...to be honest hindus in south generally drink water by lifting the glass).
How different is Pakistan?Are they same like Indian muslims in this regard?

Yeah some of us do. I think it extends to shared cultural practices with Hindus. For those unfamiliar with the practice its the idea that a dish used by another person is unclean to reuse until its washed.

From our perspective there isn't any logic or value placed on it, people will share glasses or swap dinner plates etc, it's more a case of monkey see, monkey do.

My mother always used to give the English workman tea in different mugs to the ones we used, she didn't want her regular dishes touching mouths that eat pork... Lol silly to assume they were always eating pork but there you go.

I will share glasses with some people, not others. It depends on the self hygiene of the other person.

the saliva of adults help in pre-digetion of food..

Do Indian Hindu have concept of Shouchala "T@ilet"

I see them hugging "Punjabi word" everywhere....
0.01724400_1504791575_odf-sharada-prasad-cs---flickr.jpg

Picture1.jpg
They need to change their flag. The yellow strip should, in fact, be brown and the centre wheel should be replaced with _____ ? :rofl::rofl:

If you mean drinking like this, then no we don't drink like this.

Do you drink tea like this as well?
No..we dont drink tea like that..but good old orthodox brahmins used to drink even tea like tht

Jhootha peeny se piaar barhta ha , dont be grossed piya kro apny loved ones ka jhootha piaar barhy ga . It increases love . My ny b aazmaya ha

I couldnt find an equivalent word for jhootha in English ..so i used hindi word...in India I have found Muslims generally drink with their glasses by putting it into their mouths...the same glass is used by other family members without washing that glass...and they serve water even to guests with that jhootha glass.
Although many north indians put the glass in their mouths ,they wash it and would not give water with the sam4 glass to the guests(we south indian hindus are very particular abt it and we consider it sin to give water to a guest in a glass which is jhootha...to be honest hindus in south generally drink water by lifting the glass).
How different is Pakistan?Are they same like Indian muslims in this regard?
Yes we have. But not as restricted as you guys.
When somebody drinks water from a glass, that water becomes jhota, but not the glass. Similar goes with food.
But we are encouraged to drink or eat jhoota by our religion.

Jhootha peeny se piaar barhta ha , dont be grossed piya kro apny loved ones ka jhootha piaar barhy ga . It increases love . My ny b aazmaya ha
Yeah..couples do that...even mothers eat jootha of chilsren here..but not outsiders.

Yeah..couples do that...even mothers eat jootha of chilsren here..but not outsiders.
I m not grossed out drinking my cousin's jhootha too lartay rehtat hain saara waqt . .. socha thora piaar barh jaae lol :D
Outsiders ka to nhi peena chahiye unless you have a crush on them :p

Jo mile jese mile kha jao pee jao

But the little puppy died in love :lol:

You wash it if it was used by non muslim?I thought there is no such discrimination in Islam
We can throw it away if we want to ... do you have any problem with that ?

We can throw it away if we want to ... do you have any problem with that ?
No problem.....i think you still have many hindu customs prevalent in your society...Islam doesnt have any such concept...its purely hindu influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom