What's new

Do Pakistanis have the concept of jhootha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose you went to someones house...they gave you water...would you lift the glass and drink it without touching your lips or drink it by putting in mouth?
Drink it by putting in mouth here everyone does same

depends person to person. i usually dont like to share same cup or glass.... but if i have no option then i wouldn't mind.

Yes its very common. In our family we even chew meat and roti with our teeth for our babies and feed them. That's why Pakistani kids are healthier than Indian kids in general.

Yes its very common. In our family we even chew meat and roti with our teeth for our babies and feed them. That's why Pakistani kids are healthier than Indian kids in general.

I've never seen anyone doing this

I couldnt find an equivalent word for jhootha in English ..so i used hindi word...in India I have found Muslims generally drink with their glasses by putting it into their mouths...the same glass is used by other family members without washing that glass...and they serve water even to guests with that jhootha glass.
Although many north indians put the glass in their mouths ,they wash it and would not give water with the sam4 glass to the guests(we south indian hindus are very particular abt it and we consider it sin to give water to a guest in a glass which is jhootha...to be honest hindus in south generally drink water by lifting the glass).
How different is Pakistan?Are they same like Indian muslims in this regard?
I am not sure about indian muslims but nobody gives a 'used' cutlery to guests... even in family it depends, for example you can drink in your mother used glass but not of your brother..

Suppose you went to someones house...they gave you water...would you lift the glass and drink it without touching your lips or drink it by putting in mouth?

No we dont drink like that (drinking without touching glass). And Why would i do that ? I will put the glass on my lips and drink the water. Why would i hesitate to do so ? A muslim when recite Qalma before drinking water, is not afraid of anything....

Also, you asked about a non-muslim drinking from the same glass. No our religion doesn’t tell us to wash it before using it. One may directly refill the glass and drink water from it. But, some may want to wash it before using it..... but that may be driven by many factors from which religion is one of them.

By drinking in jootha class you can get flue or some other disease

you know when you have flu so does the other person and being able to posses at least average intelligence you wont share in those cases. You can get flu by shaking hand by the way

This is my uncles daughter. He chews tough meat for her and feeds her like a little bird. And here is a healthy baby.

9mMTvR1.jpg

You missed “for the kids” part. Those kids that haven’t yed developed teeths to the extent that they can chew meat.
I have never seen anyone feeding there kids like this and heard about it for the first time

You wash it if it was used by non muslim?I
I have never seen anyone feeding there kids like this and heard about it for the first time

Not aware of Indian society. But even doctors here recommend this as meat is required for fast growth of kids. But they cam’t chew it. So doctors recommend to chew hard food for kids and then give them.

But ofcourse you must have a clean month. Not like you didn’t brushed for months and chew food for your kid with that mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom