What's new

‘Do not confuse extremists with Muslims’, says slain cop's brother

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
#JeSuisAhmed: ‘Do not confuse extremists with Muslims’, says slain cop's brother
Dawn.com
54b2509ac197e.jpg

Malek Merabet, center, addresses media to pay tribute to his brother and police cop Ahmed Merabet who died in the line of duty countering terrorists' attack on Charlie Hebdo. — AFP
The brother of a French Muslim police officer who was gunned down by terrorists in the Charlie Hebdo attack made an emotional appeal Saturday for tolerance.

The Guardian report that Ahmed Merabet's brother Malek Merabet paid tribute to Ahmed who sacrificed his life while countering terrorists.

“I address myself now to all the racists, Islamophobes and anti-Semites,” Merabet said on Saturday. “One must not confuse extremists with Muslims; mad people have neither colour nor religion.”

“Devastated by this barbaric act, we associate ourselves with the pain of the families of the victims,” he said adding, “I want to make another point: don't tar everybody with the same brush, don't burn mosques or synagogues. You are attacking people. It won't bring our dead back and it won't appease the families.”

Merabet said that Ahmed was French, from Algerian origin and a Muslim. Ahmed was proud to represent the police and defend the values of the Republic which are liberty, equality and fraternity. He said, “His colleagues describe him as a man of action who was passionate about his job.”

According to a report published by The Guardian, Ahmed was called to the scene of the attack while on a bicycle patrol and arrived just as the killers were making their escape.

“My brother was Muslim and he was killed by two terrorists, by two false Muslims,” the report quoted Merabet as saying. “Islam is a religion of peace and love.”

When the militants attacked the office of French weekly satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, Muslim cop Ahmed Merabet was also killed in the line of duty.

To show solidarity for the Charlie Hebdo victims, the world started trending #JeSuisCharlie (I am Charlie) but with the international media associating the terror attack to Islam, Muslims worldwide began trending #JeSuisAhmed (I am Ahmed).

The purpose of #JeSuisAhmed was to tell the world that ‘terrorism has no religion’, as put in by Ahmed’s brother, Malek Merabet.

terrorism has no religion but sadly most(all?) terrorists seem to be hiding behind Islam. Look at Syria, Iraq, Pakistan.. these places are suffering the most at the hands of the Islamic extremists.

Muslim communities need to realize that the problem is the rotten bunch from within their own people and any friends/family members who seem to be falling prey to radicalization must be reported to the authorities, especially so in the west.. as all reports seem to indicate that the most brutal of the ISIS terrorists seem to the western fighters.

Ghettoized immigrant's kids who've grown up in the post 9/11 Islamophobic decade suddenly find a purpose and want to join the jihad, very sad.. what they end up doing is even sadder.

Terrorists were muslims and so were the police officer and the kosher shop employee who saved lives of others. You cant pick and choose who is muslim.

Terrorists were muslims and so were the police officer and the kosher shop employee who saved lives of others. You cant pick and choose who is muslim.

Yes you can. On one side you had psychos, who have no religion/skin color or race....and on the other hand,
Muslims, who when the time demanded, did the right thing.
If i were to label all Hindus from the view of RSS/VHP/BJP, then i'll be sorting them wrong.
If i were to label all Christians based on the KKX and crusaders, i would be missing out on a lot of good people
If i were to label all Jews as Zionists, i would be wrong there as well.

Yes you can. On one side you had psychos, who have no religion/skin color or race....and on the other hand,
Muslims, who when the time demanded, did the right thing.
If i were to label all Hindus from the view of RSS/VHP/BJP, then i'll be sorting them wrong.
If i were to label all Christians based on the KKX and crusaders, i would be missing out on a lot of good people
If i were to label all Jews as Zionists, i would be wrong there as well.
nope.. I will try again..
The terrorists were muslims, so were police and the worker in kosher shop.
The RSS/VHP/BJP cadre are hindus mostly, so are many other hindus who got nothing to do with RSS.
KKK and crusaders... you know the rest of it..
You cant pick and choose and say crusaders were not christians or RSS are not really hindu. That will be silly.

Very sad about you.This is the real identity of true Muslims we protect lives not take it.Proud of you.

Muslim communities need to realize that the problem is the rotten bunch from within their own people and any friends/family members who seem to be falling prey to radicalization must be reported to the authorities, especially so in the west..

This is exactly the cure for religious extremism

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom