What's new

Do I have the right to remain Ahmadi?

1469860_706802139357911_3421386053880175286_n.jpg

“Ahmadis are Muslims, If They Say They are Muslims and No One, Not Even the Sovereign Legislature, has the Right to Say Otherwise.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 05 May 1944.

“I have been asked a disturbing question, as to who among the Muslims can be a member of the Muslim Conference. It has been asked with particular reference to the Qadianis (Ahmadis). My reply is that, as far as the constitution of the All-India Muslim League is concerned, it stipulates that any Muslim, without distinction of creed or sect, can become a member, provided he accepts the views, policy and programme of the Muslim League, signs the form of membership and pays the subscription. I appeal to the Muslims of Jammu and Kashmir not to raise sectarian questions, but instead to unite on one platform under one banner. In this lies the welfare of the Muslims. In this way, not only can Muslims make political and social progress effectively, but so can other communities, and so also can the state of Kashmir as a whole. What right have I to declare a person non-Muslim, when he claims to be a Muslim.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 23rd May, 1944, Srinagar

Sources:

Tahrik Huriyyat Kashmir (History of Independence Movements in Kashmir), volume 2, 1936 – 1945, page 291)

Didn't these same fundos even declared MAJ kafir?

good for you . no human can live in this hell . wish more bans and totally banned to travel like NK .

That is never the answer,fighting the good fight is.If everybody gave up on his country how would we hope for a better future?.I come across(ofcourse with problems far lesser than Pakistan's but still people whine..."oh the West pays for our work,the state respects us there,etc,etc).Sure,let's all leave,let the scum overcome our countries,let's raise our children in more "civilised" countries and just point fingers back....or respect our forefathers which actually fought for our countries and carry the hope on.

@Azlan Haider

And you agree with Muhammad Ali Jinnah ???

Yes I do ...... What Muhammad Ali Jinnah said is not in contradiction with Quran .....

Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah ." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." [ Ali-Imran: 64 ]

The minimum requirements to be a Muslim as per Quran are:

• Worshiping just and just Allah
  • Not associating anything with him (Renounce Shirk)
  • Not taking one another as lords instead of Allah

Muslims are the common denominating factor of the yahood(jews), the naSara(christians), the sabeans(the monotheistic hindus? and prior) and the mu'mins (the believers commonly misrepresentd as the "traditional/conventional sunni/shia muslims") as per 2:62 and 3:19.

But most importantly , it is not for the state to decide who is Muslim and who is not . So what Jinnah is saying is absolutely right

Didn't these same fundos even declared MAJ kafir?

Not only MAJ , from Sir Syed to Iqbal , all were kaafirs as per these fundos ... According to them , whoever praises Jinnah (a kaafir) , is himself a kafir .......

what is the legal status of ahmedis in bangladesh and indonesia (where there was some violence) @Jaanbaz

Some restrictions and persecution. In Bangladesh it was mostly Jamaat Islami that was trying to create trouble against Ahmadis. Indonesia have had more problems as there seems to be a growing extremists attacking Ahmadis and Christians and the State just stands and watch everything happening.

I have one question. I don't mean to be offensive.

Can an Ahmedi be a Sunni?

You can refrain from answering if you find it inappropriate, in which case let me know, I will apologize and remove this post.

Sunni is one who follows Sunnah and the life of the Prophet Mohammad(saw) so in essence Ahmadis are Sunnis too.

so what do you exist for, what kind of khilafat do you want to establish in Pakistan that your abba/hazur rants about every other day? and do you really think that Ahmediyya cult when in majority anywhere, wont pursue political power? come on.. look at moulana fazlu, he begs for power... if your ahmadiyya cult is strong enough like Fazlu, believe me you are so fanatically religious that your religious leaders would be no less than Fazlu in character !

90% of Friday Sermons of Ahmadiyya Khalia is about developing close relationship with Allah, sometimes about the issues facing youths in western nations. In many sermons he tells us to pray for Pakistan, Syria, Palestine and for world peace.

You are acting like a silly child who has no clue what you are talking about. We are all ready majority in some ares of Ghana, yet you will never hear Ahmadis attacking Sunnis and burning their mosques.

Fazlu or other mullahs are no where near our Khalifa because unlike your mullahs he never calls for the death of other people and never lies and twists words.

yeah like rest of them are having feast every day with blondes and red head bitcchess..............acha sorry

If you refer to women as bitches then it pretty much explains the mentality of your kind.

Last edited:
If mainstream Muslims consider us Non-Muslims then please do so because all Sects of Islam declare each other as Kafirs anyway. But by having discriminatory laws only takes your nation back.The fire of takfir that Pakistanis started is now engulfing whole of Pakistan. Now Sunni extremists are demanding that Shia too be declared kafirs.

Why should we declare ourselves kafirs? To make you happy? What nation on earth has laws to discriminate people based on sect or religion?

You can disagree with Ahmadis and call us Non-Muslims but a state has no right to interfere with personal beliefs of people. No wonder Pakistan is so messed up, Pakistanis are just not ready to accept that they can ever be wrong.

All Sects agree on FINALITY OF Prophet- hood of Muhammad (PBUH). Why dont you ahmedis declare that Muhamamd (PBUH) was the last prophet of Allah? this is the case all over Muslim world all believe in finality of prophethood of Muhammad(PBUH).

you can have minor differences over petty issues just like other sects but ahmedis are NOT a sect of Islam.

You do have right to believe whatever you want to believe but then you cant say its part of Islam

Bwahahahahahaha........ @ this thread.

Ok... carry on

oye my copy rights :D

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

i got nothing against Ahmedi's & i fully support their right to practice their religion in Pakistan as its their fundamental right, but lets not forget that Ahmedi's are defying the very basic of being Muslim by not accepting Muhammad(PBUH) the last prophet etc...

What others think is of no use and should be of no value for anyone. These people are Pakistani and they have been wronged.

I totally agree they have been wronged but they are doing the wrong to the other Muslims

Being Pakistani and Muslim is 2 different things...We have Christian and Hindu Pakistanis...

The only thing (at least the way I see it ) is that they should declare it as another religion and they will get all the rights...(at least according to the constitution)

@Jaanbaz

Why should we declare ourselves kafirs? To make you happy? What nation on earth has laws to discriminate people based on sect or religion?

You can disagree with Ahmadis and call us Non-Muslims but a state has no right to interfere with personal beliefs of people. No wonder Pakistan is so messed up, Pakistanis are just not ready to accept that they can ever be wrong.

It is true Pakistanis are discriminating some based on sects and some based on religion...

However you are discriminating Islam based on your adulteration of the seal of prophethood....That is a basic part of Islam which you wish to differ...No problem but then dont call it Islam...

When you alter something's basic you produce something else hence the name changes...or clarify it that is not the case...

i got nothing against Ahmedi's & i fully support their right to practice their religion in Pakistan as its their fundamental right, but lets not forget that Ahmedi's are defying the very basic of being Muslim by not accepting Muhammad(PBUH) the last prophet etc...

Nobody has anything against them except that the fact that if you are NOT Mr. A and i am Mr. but you insist that you will use my identity despite the fact that its not your identity.

can any pakistani who says ahmedis as non muslims respond to this curious case. I understand there are some minimum critera to call oneself muslim (repeated here many times) but saudis are no fools to allow them. @Leader
It is simply because in Pakistan it is stated Ahmadi on your passport as OP already explained (maybe reading the OP will be helpful) however this is prob not the case in other "civilized" countries where they dont write that word on your passport hence you can enter mecca and madina using those passports @Jaanbaz

Furthermore,
Ahmedis are considered not muslim by many just that Pakistan states it on the passports!
Persecution of Ahmadis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom