What's new

Discuss best ways to develop Bangladesh

I think, the nxt 1 should be infra/agri reform...

Thats the easiest route, provided the farmers don't
fall into the trap of corporates or fall victims of
Hybrid Seed experimentation.

I have known people who go to India for treatment. But certainly not free :lol:

It cant be free.. The hospitals are not charitable institutions, but yes u can opt for free treatment, if u r poor and at the same time the sickness is a kind of medical challenge.. There r instances, many Pakis got treated free of cost, like twin seperation, heart transplant in India.. these r of goodwill gain.. Normally some sponsors r there, like NGOs.. so dont take it in other way, u need to know proper channels.. else every service has a monetary obligation..

Thats the easiest route, provided the farmers don't
fall into the trap of corporates or fall victims of
Hybrid Seed experimentation.

I like ur mustache, I live in assam, here if at all u visit, the total agri productivity is controlled by BD migrants who work in farms, or managed to get their own land (Lets not to get into that) The agri productivity mainly come from these people. They harvest diffrent corps effectively in every season and we guys wonder how efficient they are.. Mostly these migrants are frm Moimonsingh district, they r barbaric, but they r good in agri..

My point is that why dont u utilize the talent and invest in agri RnD with their inputs?

Industrialization is nothing to do with farm lands, as I beleive, in my country, it is not at allowed to put industries in fertile land.

Hybrid Seed experiments hv a role to play.. The climate is changing, so does the food demand.. There is nothing wrong to adopt technology so that u can hv a better yeild with the same efforts.. I dont see it as a justification..

^^ I'm tired of myth busting regarding immigrant issues.
If you can't train your own people don't blame it on us
for that failure.

Had been to Mymensingh they have some good educational
institutes such as Bangladesh Agricultural Institute.

It was designed by Architect Paul Rudolph
invited by Arch. Majharul Islam back in the 60's.

5068.preview.jpg

Bangladesh-Agricultural-University.JPG

BD does have extensive knowledge regarding Agro Business
and quite an efficient workforce regarding it. But still not
on Par with Vietnam or Thailand, let alone Japan.

^^ I'm tired of myth busting regarding immigrant issues.
If you can't train your own people don't blame it on us
for that failure.

Had been to Mymensingh they have some good educational
institutes such as Bangladesh Agricultural Institute.

It was designed by Architect Paul Rudolph
invited by Arch. Majharul Islam back in the 60's.

5068.preview.jpg

Bangladesh-Agricultural-University.JPG

BD does have extensive knowledge regarding Agro Business
and quite an efficient workforce regarding it. But still not
on Par with Vietnam or Thailand, let alone Japan.

If u r pointing me, Read my post line by line and come again, I did not write anything about immigrants.. and even quoted dont get into that.. Why u r trying to get into that.. if u dont want any thing, I will be leaving this thread, I'm not at all interested..:disagree:

The most important : Basic (or intermediate) military training must be made mandatory for all male teenagers when they reach 18 years of age : Link

A separate Judicial Police must be formed under the Judiciary branch : Link

Meritocracy.

Moral and general education.

Technological education.

Taxation system should be made better and more effective.

We need strong and effective local governments.

Introduce community radio across the country.

Encourage and support large, medium and small industries mainly in the private sector.

Encourage and support cooperative businesses / guilds.

Eradicate traffic jams, save fuel and save US$ 1.68 billion or even more annually.

Stop neglecting rail transport, rail is safer, cleaner and more economical. Introduce heavy-, medium-, light-weight rail and trams / streetcars.

Improve river and canal transport.

Bangladesh should build its own airships and utilize them. They are low-tech, easy to build, clean, save huge amount of fuel and money : Example

Encourage public transport and bicycle transport in cities and towns

Halt and reverse these dangers : shrinking forests, shrinking croplands, shrinking rivers and wetlands. Stop or limit new golf courses and new Pink City-like suburbs as in Khilkhet. Build tall skyscrapers :

images

Build public libraries, public parks, rifle shooting clubs (need not be as large as in Gulshan-1), scientific research labs in quality and quantity. Build cultural auditoriums and community centres in fewer numbers.

Send more emigrants to and receive more remittance from Non-western countries wherever possible and put skilled employees in embassies overseas, make foreign ministry stronger for the sake of expats.

1. For any nation to get its bearings right it must, before anything else, identify/accept certain basics. What is the national identity? Who are we? What are our ideology, values, objectives and vision as a nation? What shall be the dreams of our children?

2. Answers to the above will determine all our policies and projects. Education, economy, foreign relations, defense - all would be bound to who we are and where we want to travel to. In this Pak Forum, it is relevant to show an example. After 1971 the Pakistani nation has gradually lost its direction, because the ideology/identity of Pakistan was murdered by the Conspirators of Larkana. And beginning Mush some are discovering that Pak was supposed to be a "secular' state thus cutting off the very foundation of Pak ideology. Therefore, it is no wonder that a large part of Pak is fighting it.

3. Next point is vital also. BD is surrounded by a rising Brahmonic supremacy/Hindutva on one side and an extreme Buddhist hegemony on the other. Both see, quite rightly, in BD an expansion of Islam in this sub-region. Therefore, both would not allow BD to prosper, and getting an opportunity would gobble it up.

4. Safeguarding national sovereignty and security must come at the top of our list. If we do not exist, or exist at somebody else's pleasure, then there is no purpose of this independence.
=======
1.Beside these basics that BD must identify, adopt and pursue, there is the physical problem of land/space/real estate. In 1971 the population was 70 mlln. It is tripled now. And if Malthusian Theory is correct, it will be 9 times in another 40 years!!

2. Yes food production has increased manifold. Agriculture is doing very well. But how long, and how much?

Introduce heavy-, medium-, light-weight rail and trams / streetcars.

Including elevated rail-only transport (Elevated non-rail and non-public transport should be fewer) :

_38113635_bangkok_skytrain150bbc.jpg
Elevated rail is more important than building a new and colossal airport in the near future.

Introduce bus rapid transit.

Pressure over Dhaka city needs to be eased.

Build public libraries, public parks, rifle shooting clubs (need not be as large as in Gulshan-1), scientific research labs in quality and quantity.
Also hospitals, clinics, vocational training institutes, etc.

Strengthen the TCB, destroy the syndicates responsible for manipulating food prices, govt should build its own seed banks, godowns, huge granaries, etc.

Should have added this in post # 157 : Senior civil servants' residential quarters should be closer to their offices. They should not be allowed to use govt-owned cars indiscriminately. Money and fuel can be saved again : Example

It is a good idea however, this can only be put in place when we have a significantly higher GDP. As, we have to buy different arms, ammunition for 17 lac boys. Fuel to run tanks, ships and aircrafts to train these boys in specific fields. Lack of land for army training also poses problem. Futhermore, we must build accomodation, provide food, electricity. Right now, if we implement this proposal, it will cause our economy and development to suffer
As suggested in post # 157 there are many ways we can stop wasting and start saving billions or trillion of takas. If we start saving that amount then it should probably not be extremely difficult to gradually bring all the teenagers under basic (let's exclude intermediate) military training like operating assault rifles, machine guns, throwing handheld explosives, etc. Not many need be trained with tanks, ships and planes IMHO. Giving them basic combat training far more important than cadet colleges.

^^^Why do they even need a huge airport considering the current one still has the capacity to serve? That Hasina is a weird woman. Devil with a hood in my opinion.

^^^Why do they even need a huge airport considering the current one still has the capacity to serve? That Hasina is a weird woman. Devil with a hood in my opinion.

And whats wrong having a better and good airport for the facelift of the country.?? Govt is not building it but a private operator will.

mil-avia, please use normal color font. Its very hard to read what you write.

And whats wrong having a better and good airport for the facelift of the country.?? Govt is not building it but a private operator will.

A 'facelift' airport for $7.5 billion? Are you crazy? :crazy: Don't you think the money could be better spent on other things?

A country builds a new airport in order to meet the country's requirements. The current one already satisfies all requirements. More than enough at the moment. They don't just build a multi-billion dollar airport for no reason.

And besides, it is possible to upgrade the current one if needed to be.

Online Voices
BBC News - Bangladesh: Clashes over Dhaka airport plans

The economy of Bangladesh is far from benchmarking the economies of Thailand and Singapore, among others in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom