What's new

Diplomatic victory for Pakistan - Reason why Mahatir was invited as chief guest on 23rd March

FATF has become a platform to blackmail Pakistan.. and funny thing is that the all ill gotten wealth of corrupt elite laundered the money in the western countries and they blackmail others

That's the irony and injustice of this world. Most of the money stolen from developing countries like Pakistan, India, African countries is invested by the corrupt elite the UK, Switzerland and places like Bahama. Even corrupt officials from countries like China are buying up properties in London, Sydney and SF. This looted money was supposed ot be used for road, hospitals and schools in these countries. This is a bigger crime. What is FATF doing about that?

Has Switzerland ever been pressurized on this? FATF is currently just a blackmailing tool against Pakistan. Let me be very clear: I am not saying Pakistan does not have a lot to improve. We have allowed our corrupt elite to carry on with shady financial practices for long and Pakistani people are the ones who suffered most because of this. We certainly need to imrpove things. But the world financial chor bazars of London, Geneva etc also need to checked.

Counting chickes befor they are hatched ?
Pakistan ignored or missed on 25 points out of 27.
They are still in Grey List.
And they can be blacklisted
@bold & red, these are not words in English so learn the language before posting on the forum.
@ Italic, Where is the source for your claim?

Pakistan might be blacklisted.no good news for pakistan.malaysia or any other country can only give statement.reality is totally different.we have to avoid this blacklist.

@ps3linux bhai do u have any info how many points out of 27 we covered /fulfilled now???

Meeting is still going on
Shouldn't we have support from 10+ Arab countries as well...? Just wondering if their vote was in Pakistan's favor or did they decided to stay neutral?

I just feel Malaysia is needling in matters that it needn't should. As most people already been saying that there is a greater play at hand against Pakistan from the likes of USA,UK and even India. I feel, Malaysia under Mahathir is seeing this through Islamic prism than as a sound foreign policy. Pakistan itself got in trouble because of the above reason. Hopefully if there is a Malaysian in this forum may be he could explain the approach.

This is only an opinion, please don't go around trolling my country and my religion for something I said. Thank you

Good diplomatic effort and result by Pakistan. Main problem is that Pak needs 15 members support to come out of grey list and 3 members support to avoid black listing. Pak avoided black listing successfully but still has to cover a lot to be out of grey listing. All the best for your future, i am selfish in this regard, Pak should come out clean successful as this will lead to cut off of support to violent anti India groups.You can always support Kashmirs Politically but not armed resistance. India has to on its part should give good governance and development that Kashmirs should willingly support India.

India should also stop financing and providing arms to Baloch terrorists.

And explain R&AW's involvement in Tamil Terror.

Shouldn't we have support from 10+ Arab countries as well...? Just wondering if their vote was in Pakistan's favor or did they decided to stay neutral?

The information has been contradictory. Some sources have said that the GCC votes as one bloc at FATF whilst others have said Saudi represents the GCC vote. Either way we lost their support for some reason at the previous vote (maybe they wanted to pressure Pakistan into doing something like entering the Yemen war). Good to see Malaysia standing up for us.

@zulu , @graphican

First thing look at FATF website:

http://www.fatf-gafi.org/publicatio...s/fatf-compliance-february-2019.html#Pakistan

I have not gone through recent most minutes of the committee, to be honest even india has admitted Pakistan's serious resolve towards implementation of FATF AP Group:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...ion-against-terror-groups/article27766338.ece

If you know whose toe line this particular newspaper represent you ll understand the implications. I have already mentioned somewhere else on the board, supporting black/grey listing of Pakistan by India has been the best friendly gesture India has done to us in the last 70+ years. This is helping us put our own house in order we have already submitted compliance with 18 out of 27 points.

Nutshell Blacklist seems out of question, I personally feel we should be in the grey list with the sword hanging around to be black listed this will ensure that we comply with FATF and international AML/KYC requirements. Actions against MNS, PPP Ghaddari, Faryal and lot more to come are steps in the right direction.

As for being blacklisted it may be part of someone's wet dream but its not going to happen any time soon, particularly with a Govt which has shown its teeth where required, very serious in structural reforms and enjoys an international acceptance of being credible and please don't get me started on those peter licking cowards/ba**ards called Arabs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom