What's new

Diplomatic victory for Pakistan - Reason why Mahatir was invited as chief guest on 23rd March

@bold & red, these are not words in English so learn the language before posting on the forum.
@ Italic, Where is the source for your claim?
Instead of being a pri** google that yourself.
Hope i didnt make any grammatical errors in my previous sentence.

Shouldn't we have support from 10+ Arab countries as well...? Just wondering if their vote was in Pakistan's favor or did they decided to stay neutral?
I don't see GCC being among the members in FATF. Perhaps they are not full members.
http://www.fatf-gafi.org/countries/#FATF

IXXkWeI.png

Instead of being a pri** google that yourself.
Hope i didnt make any grammatical errors in my previous sentence.
didnt is not a word in English either... :undecided: Attend some course...

Let me teach you something, when you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you so provide the link or you're just printing it from your backside.

Last edited:
@ps3linux @Reddington @graphican I know i may going to ask u some thread which can draw so much hate and trolling to you on forum but so far i get 18 points and i seriously believe and said many times before implementing those reform would help Pakistan national interest and economy in positive way .Abhi na karna yeh qoum kal ka match harny ka ghussa tum logon py nikal dy gi ;)
@Mangus Ortus Novem Sir need your value able inputs too

1) The FATF asks Pakistan to conduct ongoing outreach to financial institutions to promote a clear understanding of their AML/CFT obligations and terror financing risks. Now the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) after completion of national terror financing risk assessment, the financial institutions (FIs) regulated by the SBP, were supposed to prepare individual risk assessments. The SBP plans to initiate an outreach programme to disseminate the identified risks to all stakeholders and to guide them on commensurate risk mitigation techniques and tools.

Pakistan needs to provide plans of outreach and awareness programmes to disseminate identified risks to financial institutions. The SECP has already issued draft of AML/CFT guidelines.

2) In May 2019, the SBP will have to demonstrate that supervisory activities including on-site and off-site examination are applied on risk sensitive basis to financial institutions. The SBP’s Supervision Department is making efforts to transform its CAMELS framework to complete risk based assessment in areas of credit market liquidity and operational risk specifically in areas in which ML/TF risk is assessed. Pakistan will have to share schedule of on-site and off site.

3) The SBP and SECP will have to demonstrate that remedial actions and effective, proportionate and dissuasive sanctions are being applied in cases of violations of AML/CFT requirements and failing in TF risk management. Pakistan will need to provide details on the enforcement action and other actions to demonstrate that FIs are reforming.

4) Pakistan will have to demonstrate that competent authorities are cooperating and taking actions to identify and sanction illegal Money or Value Transfer Service (MVTS) to mitigate the risk of misuse by designated persons and entities (for example closing down illegal MVTS and prosecuting the operators).

The SBP and FIA signed MoU to cooperate and coordinate on issues relating to actions against illegal MVTS, STRs and information sharing for investigation of financial crimes. Now the FIA will have to demonstrate actions against MVTS on the ground in order to satisfy FATF.

5) The FBR will have to demonstrate that authorities are pursuing domestic and international cooperation to identify cash couriers and enforce controls on illicit movement of currency. Now the Customs authorities will have to present some cases to demonstrate its actions.

6) The Nacta will have to establish and implement a policy for all responsible law enforcing agencies (LEAs) to proactively initiate financial inquiries and investigation of terrorist groups and their members; and make reactive parallel financial inquiries or possible investigation a part of every terrorism investigation. The CTD has been tasked to prepare a comprehensive policy for proactively initiation of financial inquiries. At present the provincial CTDs are following standard operating procedures (SOPs) for conducting parallel financial investigation in terror financing matters in terrorism cases. A comprehensive guidance has been issued by the Financial Monitoring Unit (FMU) for the LEAs and other authorities to comprehend and implement the requirement of action plan.

7) The FMU will have to proactively request and provide international cooperation in cases of targeting, investigating and prosecuting terror financing cases. They will have to demonstrate that this has included police to police, custom to custom and FIU to FIU for formal cooperation under Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA). FMU has so far signed MoU with Iran, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Sri Lanka for exchange of information on money laundering, terrorism financing and related criminal activities in a spirit of cooperation and mutual interest. In addition, a number of MoUs with different countries such as UK, UAE and Qatar are under negotiations.

The FBR, NAB, ANF have powers of international cooperation under their respective establishment laws and these agencies are effectively and timely providing information on international requests. The FIA acts as focal point for Interpol in Pakistan and police to police takes place through the FIA. Pakistan has drafted standalone MLA law which caters for all the requirements of international cooperation which would be placed before the Parliament soon.

8) Pakistan will have to demonstrate activities to enhance capacity and support for prosecution and the judiciary involved in terror financing cases.

9) Pakistan will have to present technical compliance to demonstrate a comprehensive legal obligation to target financial sanctions without delay and Ministry of Foreign Affairs had recently complied to this condition to issue SRO to this effect.

10) The SBP will have to demonstrate further risk based outreach to FI/non-profit organisations (NPOs) to ensure they understand and comply under 1267 and 1373 UN Security Council Resolutions.

11) Pakistan will have to take immediate action to implement terror financing against designated persons and entities. This includes screening against their customer base and ongoing transaction monitoring by the regulators and law enforcing agencies.

12) Pakistan will have to demonstrate effective implementation of terror financing against assets of 1,267 and 1,373 designated persons and affiliates including Daesh, al-Qaeda, FIF, JuD, LeT, JeM and HQN.

13) Pakistan will have to show enforcement against violations with terror financing under UNSCR of 1,267 and 1,373 including asset freezing and prohibition on providing funds and other financial services and provide case examples to support the cooperation. In this regard, the country will have to demonstrate with evidence the administrative penalties that have been enforced over a two year period.

14) Pakistan will have to demonstrate that the facilities and services owned or controlled directly or indirectly by designated persons and entities (and those acting on their behalf of or at their direction) are deprived of resources and the usage thereof (i.e. shut down or effectively taken over by the government or by reputable civil society organisation). This should include ensuring that the individuals affiliated with designated persons and entities are no longer in control directly or indirectly of the facilities or their activities and continuing public awareness campaign of freezing action taken for facilities and services owned or controlled be designated persons.

15) Pakistan will have to demonstrate that authorities are applying focused measures to such NPOs which Pakistan identified as being vulnerable to terror financing abuse in line with risk based approach.

16)revising/updating Pakistan’s national risk assessment on terror financing

17)improving FBR’s customs report on cash couriers to curb currency smuggling

18)placing inter agency cooperation mechanism among law enforcing agencies at federal and provincial levels.

I just feel Malaysia is needling in matters that it needn't should. As most people already been saying that there is a greater play at hand against Pakistan from the likes of USA,UK and even India. I feel, Malaysia under Mahathir is seeing this through Islamic prism than as a sound foreign policy. Pakistan itself got in trouble because of the above reason. Hopefully if there is a Malaysian in this forum may be he could explain the approach.

This is only an opinion, please don't go around trolling my country and my religion for something I said. Thank you

you answer yourself to your own opinion above, the greater play as observed and understood by Pakistan, with all the efforts Pakistan can do is happening. Malaysian response is an effort to the same.
foreign ministry taking priority matters into account making things improving. we have seen Pakistan coming out of biased foreign policy, is making her ground well in the regional politics and global forum.
everybody play its cards at the time they need, we are doing same and we always had those cards to play, in our pocket.

@zulu

You know I am in the financial markets of Pakistan, most of the time I am on the implementation side of regulations but many a times I am on the advisory and recommendations side as well, tell you the truth firstly GoP is very serious in financial structural reforms FATF compliance is just one aspect of it. While there is a lot of politicking going on against Pakistan but even India knows its a double edged sword if anything new is added other countries will also have to comply with it so the pressure is more political rather than actual. On the implementation side both SECP and SBP have tightened the noose and new KYC/AML/TF requirements though horrible and crippling for many financial institutions are best for them and the country in the long run.

Even Masood Azhar's listing as terrorist was a negotiated bargain with Pakistan as party to it, lets not say more about it. Pakistan of today is no more isolated as yesterday.

Other side of it we must appreciate indian help primarily in identifying weaknesses in our financial/legal system. There is limit where even their allies can tag their line, beyond that it all politics and thats where the buck stops. No country in their right mind want to open the total pandora box of money laundering biggest beneficiary are arab cowards (real estate and their tax free DIFC type organizations), well sensex given a chance I know we can screw india as well but let's play along for now.

For all its incompetence IK led Govt is pretty good in atleast one thing and that is foreign relations, IK's own status as international celebrity has got a lot to do with it. Just look at how international media covers him and Pakistan now, although when it comes to country their coverage is negative almost 80% of the time but every one who needs to know, knows that day of old where Pakistan was always apologetic are gone now.

Last edited:
Even China has to climb down on issue of Azhar Masood , how long Malaysia can resist ?

When everybody knows Pakistan'ISI finances and trains militants and send them to Kashmir as Mujahids. Pakistanis feel proud in it.

Thats why i love to have enemy they will keep u on toe ;) rem my old post when i mention current whole financial team background ?? Before judging anyone my friend wait than u will see who votes for u like Financial world geopolitcial realities based on hard cold facts and interest result of this session u know better than me before announced :) but we have to do lot of work in this regard removing grey list status.Hazrat weekend py moqa millay tu ek detail post on this topic jab tak iss session ka result bhi samny aa jayee gaa
@Mangus Ortus Novem Sir u are right kiss kiss baat py roye.Its was SBP who halt the process back in August because implementing such framework would also make life harder for moving black money from Pakistan.Eurobond FM issue krta hai,mansha paisay arrange karta hai NS aur yeh teenoo aapas main baat laity hain mulk kaam chor bazar bana rakha hai.Until some heads rolled no body going to take lesson for now & future

@zulu

You know I am in the financial markets of Pakistan, most of the time I am on the implementation side of regulations but many a times I am on the advisory and recommendations side as well, tell you the truth firstly GoP is very serious in financial structural reforms FATF compliance is just one aspect of it. While there is a lot of politicking going on against Pakistan but even India knows its a double edged sword if anything new is added other countries will also have to comply with it so the pressure is more political rather than actual. On the implementation side both SECP and SBP have tightened the noose and new KYC/AML/TF requirements though horrible and crippling for many financial institutions are best for them and the country in the long run.

Other side of it we must appreciate indian help primarily in identifying weaknesses in our financial/legal system. There is limit where even their allies can tag their line, beyond that it all politics and thats where the buck stops.

Pakistan can no longer be blacklisted by Fatf: Malaysia
Imran calls Mahathir to thank Kuala Lumpur for its support
Share:
Google+ " style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; line-height: 1; vertical-align: bottom; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">
pakistan-can-no-longer-be-blacklisted-by-fatf-malaysia-1560650547-4638.jpg

Bernama

June 16, 2019

LONDON - Prime Minister Imran Khan telephoned Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad in London Saturday to thank Malaysia for its support of Pakistan’s bid to avoid being blacklisted by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).

READ MORE: Peru, Venezuela draw blank in Copa America
Dr Mahathir, who is in the United Kingdom for a three-day working visit, took the six-minute call at the Malaysian High Commission.

Malaysia’s support was seen as crucial in helping to stop Pakistan from being blacklisted after India had put forth a motion with FATF to blacklist the country for money-laundering activities linked to terrorism. With Malaysia’s backing, Pakistan now has the support of three nations.

After taking the call from Imran, Dr Mahathir told the Malaysian media present at the High Commission that Malaysia showed its support to Pakistan as the country has upped its war against money laundering. “We decided based on the rule of law. Not due to animosity.

We admit that money laundering is a major problem and it is happening because of the borderless world that allows free flow of capital,” he said, adding there was no point blacklisting any particular nation.

READ MORE: Peacekeeping mission in Darfur to exit in 2020: UN-AU report
He also pointed out that the free flow of capital has affected other countries as well, including Malaysia, where capitalists have invested huge amounts of money in the share markets pushing up share prices. “At the end of the day, they sell their shares for a profit and take back their capital and their earnings at the expense of the countries they invested in,” he said.

Dr Mahathir also touched on the irony of trade wars, where the world promoted trade on one hand and on the other imposed sanctions. “In the end many innocent nations such as Malaysia are also affected. Hence, though we have no problem with Iran, we cannot trade with the country because of the sanctions. The trade war with China is also affecting us,” he said.

Meanwhile, after Dr Mahathir took the phone call from Imran, Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah told reporters that with Malaysia’s support, Pakistan has three nations behind it, with the other two being China and Turkey, and hence it could no longer be blacklisted.

https://nation.com.pk/16-Jun-2019/pakistan-can-no-longer-be-blacklisted-by-fatf-malaysia

Mahatir mohammad has also shocked Indians by not handing over Zakir Naik to India .Indians are now frustrated over Malaysia also .

I don't see GCC being among the members in FATF. Perhaps they are not full members.
http://www.fatf-gafi.org/countries/#FATF

IXXkWeI.png

didnt is not a word in English either... :undecided: Attend some course...

Let me teach you something, when you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you so provide the link or you're just printing it from your backside.
Why would i waste my time on jack a** like you, as i said google it yourself.
Instead of living in a fake bubble.
Ciao and please dont quote me every again

Why would i waste my time on jack a** like you, as i said google it yourself.
Instead of living in a fake bubble.
Ciao and please dont quote me every again
So you're accepting that you have no proof for your claims?
Again, dont is not an English word.

Look how China supported us, while we are falling to western and Indian propaganda abt China crack down on Muslims. The same western and Indian propaganda who have declared terrorists fighting Pakistan as right groups. Will we start believing this too? Every country have limits of its patience and I'm afraid it won't be long when our friends had enough with our interference.

Thankyou Malaysia, China and Turkeye brothers.

Next we should win GCC and Russia.

As i said you will have to google that yourself.
And are you that scared of truth ?
Nothing new as this line is used by the cheapest trolls and pathological liars who do not have any source to backup their lies.
In fact it is you who is scared because you made a claim without any source to backup and when I asked for that you got abusive and angry which exposed your lies & biases for everyone to read. If you had a source, you would have shared immediately.

Explain to whom ?
To the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom