What's new

Did you know? Palestine’s knafeh is now “Israeli” too?

"Palestinians" were invented in 1964. Jews live here since 3500 years ago.

Jews have been kicked out many times, there has been no continuous Jewish presence.

@Hazzy997
Here another source.

Al-Ahram Weekly | Living | Sweet tooth alert !

" Kunafa is said to be of Fatimid origin," says 62-year-old hajALi Arafa, the owner of Cairo's most famous kunafa outlet "

Fatimid caliphate, Kilab al Shi'a might have created this dish.

:lol:

@1000 why you change your id again? Every other month you got a new id, should have stuck with chips though maybe Lays next time. :D

Last edited:
Isnt this Turkish Künefe? :sarcastic:

image1.jpg

JK, the pic above shows a Hatay Künefe, its famous in Turkey, Hatay is a Arab populated Province in Turkey, its on the border to Syria.

hatay-har.png

Jews have been kicked out many times, there has been no continuous Jewish presence.
There were always some Jews who remained. So there was continuous Jewish pretense.

Once upon a time, Palestinians were Israeli too.

Bani Israel and it's decedents.

Majority of Israel's population are either Arabs or Jews from Arab countries. Its their dish no less than "Palestinians".

Yes Israel should not claim it as their invention. It is an Arabi dessert. Made by Palestinians and eaten by them when Israel did not even exist(I am not saying Jews did not exist, which they were, only the country Israel). So how can they claim it as an Israeli dish. If they want to popularize it and promote it in the world, then give credit where it is due.
Now if Jews also made this dish from before Israel was made(by western powers), then there should be a debate and proof should be provided and atleast 2kg of this delicious dessert sent to me in Auckland.

There were always some Jews who remained. So there was continuous Jewish pretense.

Negative, when Muslims took the city there were no Jews and the Caliph Umar RA himself allowed them to reenter, this is historical fact. :)

Yes Israel should not claim it as their invention.
Israel did not claim that.

It is an Arabi dessert.
No its Levant dessert.

Made by Palestinians and eaten by them when Israel did not even exist(I am not saying Jews did not exist, which they were, only the country Israel).
Wrong. Palestinians were invented only in 1964, after creation of Israel.

There were Jews and Arabs in Levant who made that dessert. Then some of these Jews and Arabs became Israelis, some Syrians, some Lebanese, some Jordanians, some Palestinians.

Negative, when Muslims took the city there were no Jews and the Caliph Umar RA himself allowed them to reenter, this is historical fact. :)
I said there was continuous Jewish presence in Palestine. From 1-7th century AD there was a sizable Jewish community in Galilee.

Israel did not claim that.

No its Levant dessert.

Wrong. Palestinians were invented only in 1964, after creation of Israel.

There were Jews and Arabs in Levant who made that dessert. Then some of these Jews and Arabs became Israelis, some Syrians, some Lebanese, some Jordanians, some Palestinians.

I said there was continuous Jewish presence in Palestine. From 1-7th century AD there was a sizable Jewish community in Galilee.

Palestinians have been living in Palestine for more than thirteen hundred years. You denying it doesn't change a fact!

What happened after the 7th Century?

Nothing new. People have been stealing from the cradle of civilizations (Arab world) for centuries.
What is particularly funny is the notion of "Israeli". A barely 65 year old entity. Hilarious.

Also I don't care if our Jewish friends, like in this thread, will claim that half of the Israeli population are Jewish Arabs or whatever. This dish is still not a Jewish or Israeli dish originally.

It's Palestinian in this form and some claim that it originated during the Fatimid Caliphate in Egypt. Still an Arab dish.

Anyway "Israeli" cuisine is basically a mixture of mainly Arab cuisine and European influences which they now claim as "Jewish". Cultural theft from our region has been well-known for centuries and mostly pioneered by our neighbors or the Europeans. Look at most of their cultural treasure from the ancient world. 80% of it originates from our lands.

I thought it was from Lebanon or something, was it originally from Palestine ? its made in Hatay too, and spreaded to rest of Turkey by restaurants of people from Hatay.

I never ate, f.ck desserts.

Anyway "Israeli" cuisine is basically a mixture of mainly Arab cuisine and European influences which they now claim as "Jewish".
Jews are separating Milk and Meat products so im quite sure they also have their unique dishes, but every cuisine in ME has influence from others, thats notmal.

I thought it was from Lebanon or something, was it originally from Palestine ? its made in Hatay too, and spreaded to rest of Turkey by restaurants of people from Hatay.

I never ate, f.ck desserts.
You should try it, cheese and Sugar sirup mixed doesnt sound decious but it really is.

Jews are separating Milk and Meat products so im quite sure they also have their unique dishes, but every cuisine in ME has influence from others, thats notmal.

You should try it, cheese and Sugar sirup mixed doesnt sound decious but it really is.

I extra dislike dsserts with syrup, after few bites I feel like I'm having a sugar overdose, my father is also same.

Sometimes even I crave for sweet things though.

Back
Top Bottom