What's new

Did you know? Palestine’s knafeh is now “Israeli” too?

He was half Nabatean. Basically Arab. No, they are not. In this case Arabic and Hebrew are "virtually the same languages."
Hebrew, Aramaic, Phoenician, Nabatean, Canaanite are all Northwest Semitic group of languages.

Arabic is not in Northwest Semitic group. Thats why Nabatean is much closer to Hebrew than to Arabic.

Inside Northwest Semitic group there is Canaanite subdivision (Hebrew
, Phoenician, Canaanite) These are virtually the same languages.

We are talking about its origins here. Virtually all sources say that its an originally Palestinian/Egyptian/Arab dish.
Jews who live in these areas have same rights on this dish as the Arabs. Plus 20% of Israel population are Arabs who also have same rights on these diosh as Arabs who live in Gaza or in Ramallah.

Christianity was in najran and Najd Judaism
Was only in khaybar and medina and they were jews not converted arabs

Actually the earliest evidence of a church in what is now KSA was found in Eastern Arabia.

Jubail Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A nearly 1700 year old church. One of the very oldest in the world.

Christianity could not have reached Najran without going through Hijaz first. Just like Judaism. Besides I have never heard about Judaism in Najd. Christianity yes.

I wrote JEWISH tribes. This means Jewish people. Anyway you had locals who were Jews as well while being Arabs at the same time or Hijazis.

Hebrew, Aramaic, Phoenician, Nabatean, Canaanite are all Northwest Semitic group of languages.

Arabic is not in Northwest Semitic group. Thats why Nabatean is much closer to Hebrew than to Arabic.

Inside Northwest Semitic group there is Canaanite subdivision (Hebrew
, Phoenician, Canaanite) These are virtually the same languages.

Jews who live in these areas have same rights on this dish as the Arabs. Plus 20% of Israel population are Arabs who also have same rights on these diosh as Arabs who live in Gaza or in Ramallah.

All of those languages are part of the Central Semitic languages of which Arabic is a part of as well. Those languages are close and related as are all Semitic languages but they are not the exact same.

Central Semitic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides Nabateans were native to Hijaz and what is now Jordan and Southern Israel. They were the ones who built World UNESCO Heritage sites such as Petra in Jordan, Mada'in Saleh in KSA.

Or ancient archeological sites such as Avdat and Shivta in what is now Israel.

Even in Southern Syria (Bosra) and numerous other places.

alk9ag.jpg

Bosra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2j2g9b5.jpg

Avdat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11jay9z.jpg

Shivta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

upload_2014-6-17_21-48-20.jpeg

Petra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mada'in Saleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I promised not to talk about this knafeh dish anymore but we are still discussing its origin which is not Jewish or Israeli for that matter. Not whether it is part of the Israeli cuisine today which it is just like dozens of other dishes that came with the various Israeli diasporas.

Last edited:
All of those languages are part of the Central Semitic languages of which Arabic is a part of as well. Those languages are close and related as are all Semitic languages but they are not the exact same.
Aramaic is much closer to Hebrew than to Arabic. Caananite and Hebrew are basically the same language with some dialect differences.

Aramaic is much closer to Hebrew than to Arabic. Caananite and Hebrew are basically the same language with some dialect differences.

Yes, but what is your point exactly? Akkadian is closer to Arabic.

Arabic languages are Central Semitic languages, most closely related to Aramaic, Hebrew, Ugaritic and Phoenician.

Arabic language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway not sure what we are discussing anymore.

Instead you should tell us about a dish (es) of Jewish origins.

Yes, but what is your point exactly? Akkadian is closer to Arabic.
Not really. Akkadian is equally distant both from Hebrew and Arabic.

Instead you should tell us about a dish (es) of Jewish origins.
Jews lived for thousands years in different places and they have same rights to these dishes as other people. I consider Uzbek and Russian cuisine as my cuisine.

Not really. Akkadian is equally distant both from Hebrew and Arabic.

Jews lived for thousands years in different places and they have same rights to these dishes as other people. I consider Uzbek and Russian cuisine as my cuisine.

So Jews of what is Israel do not have a distinct cuisine of their own?

Arabic absorbed more Akkadian words and in general Eastern Semitic languages than Hebrew.

Akkadian is an inflected language; and as a Semitic language, its grammatical features are highly similar to those found in Classical Arabic.

Akkadian language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So Jews of what is Israel do not have a distinct cuisine of their own?
Is there a distinct Palestinian cuisine? Hardly its just part of the Levantine cuisine. There are Jewish variations of local cuisine (often fit to Jewish dietary laws).

There are some distinguish Jewish dishes like

Charoset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cholent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamantash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matzo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabic absorbed more Akkadian words and in general Eastern Semitic languages than Hebrew.

Akkadian language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The grammar of all Semitic languages is very similar.

Akkadian, unlike Arabic, has mainly regular plurals (i.e. no broken plurals), although some masculine words take feminine plurals. In that respect, it is similar to Hebrew.

Well lets take count for example:

--------------------- Akkadian ---- Hebrew ---- Arabic
1 --------------------- Ishten ------- Ehad ----- Wahad
2 --------------------- Shina ----- Shenaim ---- Tnin
3 ------------------- Shalash ---- Shalosh ---- Talate
4 --------------------- Erbe ---------- Arba ------- Arbaa
5 -------------------- Hamish ----- Hamesh ---- Hamse
6 -------------------- Shedish ------ Shesh ------ Site
7 -------------------- Sebe ----------- Sheva ------Sab'a
8 -------------------- Samane ----- Shmone --- Tmanye
9 -------------------- Teshe --------- Tesha -------- Tis'a
10 ------------------ Esher ---------- Eser -------- Ashara

I think Hebrew a bit closer.

I said there was continuous Jewish presence in Palestine. From 1-7th century AD there was a sizable Jewish community in Galilee.

Ok well then you should not have quoted my original post, I was referring to Jerusalem.

Is there a distinct Palestinian cuisine? Hardly its just part of the Levantine cuisine. There are Jewish variations of local cuisine (often fit to Jewish dietary laws).

There are some distinguish Jewish dishes like

Charoset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cholent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamantash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matzo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The grammar of all Semitic languages is very similar.

Akkadian, unlike Arabic, has mainly regular plurals (i.e. no broken plurals), although some masculine words take feminine plurals. In that respect, it is similar to Hebrew.

Well lets take count for example:

--------------------- Akkadian ---- Hebrew ---- Arabic
1 --------------------- Ishten ------- Ehad ----- Wahad
2 --------------------- Shina ----- Shenaim ---- Tnin
3 ------------------- Shalash ---- Shalosh ---- Talate
4 --------------------- Erbe ---------- Arba ------- Arbaa
5 -------------------- Hamish ----- Hamesh ---- Hamse
6 -------------------- Shedish ------ Shesh ------ Site
7 -------------------- Sebe ----------- Sheva ------Sab'a
8 -------------------- Samane ----- Shmone --- Tmanye
9 -------------------- Teshe --------- Tesha -------- Tis'a
10 ------------------ Esher ---------- Eser -------- Ashara

I think Hebrew a bit closer.

Of course there is a distinct Palestinian cuisine. Just like any other cuisine of Arab country x or y. Just because it's part of the Levantine and wider ME cuisines that fact is not going to change suddenly.

Yes, it is indeed. Those are numbers from 1 to 10. In general the grammatical features of Akkadian are closer to Arabic and more words of Akkadian origin can be found in Arabic.
I will take a look at those 4 Jewish dishes.

Delicious! Isn't this served with more syrup ? or
the best way to eat it this with Ice Cream. The hot and cold combo is unique in taste.

IMG_2700.JPG

to any one who want to answer@ what the diff b/w Donor Kebab and Shawarma? are not they more or less same ?

Back
Top Bottom