What's new

Did you know? Palestine’s knafeh is now “Israeli” too?

Jews are separating Milk and Meat products so im quite sure they also have their unique dishes, but every cuisine in ME has influence from others, thats notmal.

You should try it, cheese and Sugar sirup mixed doesnt sound decious but it really is.

That's not the point. They should just stop labeling Arab dishes as "Jewish" or "Israeli" originally. It's not hard for them to say it how it is. That it is an Arab dish adopted by Israelis of today. The same Israelis who 50% of the time have origins in the Arab world. Let alone the fact that 20% of the Israeli population are Palestinian Arabs.

@Hazzy997

:lol:

I extra dislike dsserts with syrup, after few bites I feel like I'm having a sugar overdose, my father is also same.

Sometimes even I crave for sweet things though.
Same to me, i dont remember that i ate more than two pieces of Baklava at once, but my Oncle could eat half of the plate without a problem. :lol:

Künefe has less syrup you should try it.

Künefe. nam nam nam. :D

@Targon

Künefe is good after eating dürüm döner in Aspava, you should try once.
Yeah i ate künefe after a big plate Iskender, dam i had enough kalories to survive a week without food. :lol:

Nothing new. People have been stealing from the cradle of civilizations (Arab world) for centuries.
What is particularly funny is the notion of "Israeli". A barely 65 year old entity. Hilarious.
"Palestinian" nation is less than 50 years old. In fact during the British Mandate Jews were called Palestinians.

"Palestinian" nation is less than 50 years old. In fact during the British Mandate Jews were called Palestinians.

What have nation states to do with the people? Israel is also only 67 years old. What has this to do with Israel (Israelis and Jews) claiming dishes that are not theirs originally and labeling them as Israeli and Jewish?

That's pretty lame and it is called misinformation and cultural theft.

Spaghetti remains Italian even though it is eaten across the world. I don't see Russians claiming Spaghetti as a "Russian" dish.

Last edited:
What have nation states to do with the people? Israel is also only 67 years old. What has this to do with Israel (Israelis and Jews) claiming dishes that are not theirs originally and labeling them as Israeli and Jewish?

That's pretty lame and it is called misinformation and cultural theft.
Jews live in Levant and Egypt for 3500 years. Arabs live for 1300 years.

Spaghetti remains Italian even though it is eaten across the world. I don't see Russians claiming Spaghetti as a "Russian" dish.
If there was Russian community in Italy which lived there for over 1000 years it can claim it as their.

Jews live in Levant and Egypt for 3500 years. Arabs live for 1300 years.

If there was Russian community in Italy which lived there for over 1000 years it can claim it as their.

Wrong. Arabs have lived in the Levant for 3000 years. The first mention of Arabs directly can be found in Assyrian inscriptions from 3000 years ago in what is now Syria.
Besides back then you had a bunch of Semitic peoples and civilizations that intermarried and were closely related. Among them were Jews and Arabs and their ancestors.

You might be familiar with Herod the Great who was half Jewish and half Arab (Nabatean).

Herod the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What? No, they would not unless that dish was made by the Russian community in Italy.

It's a screwed up logic. In this case Basques can claim Catalan dishes just because both have lived on the Iberian Peninsula for thousands of years.

The fact is that there is nothing Jewish or "Israeli" about Knafeh. It's an Palestinian/Arab dish.

@Hazzy997

That it is now a part of the Jewish/Israeli cuisine is another thing altogether. That there is nothing wrong with. We were discussing its origin.

Last edited:
Wrong. Arabs have lived in the Levant for 3000 years. The first mention of Arabs directly can be found in Assyrian inscriptions from 3000 years ago in what is now Syria.
Besides back then you had a bunch of Semitic peoples and civilizations that intermarried and were closely related. Among them were Jews and Arabs and their ancestors.

You might be familiar with Herod the Great who was half Jewish and half Arab (Nabatean).

Herod the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Herod never spoke any Arabic. What makes him an Arab? Canaanite, Hebrew, Phoenician - are virtually the same languages, Aramaic minorly different.

What? No, they would not unless that dish was made by the Russian community in Italy.
If they lived there when that dish was made then its theirs. You cant never know who was exact guy who made it.

It's a screwed up logic. In this case Basques can claim Catalan dishes just because both have lived on the Iberian Peninsula for thousands of years.
If that dish is specific Catalan - then no, but if that dish is Iberian Peninsula - then sure yes.

The fact is that there is nothing Jewish or "Israeli" about Knafeh. It's an Palestinian/Arab dish.
I personally never eat Knafeh in my life, but I know Israelis, Jews and Arabs who consider it as their.

Herod never spoke any Arabic. What makes him an Arab? Canaanite, Hebrew, Phoenician - are virtually the same languages, Aramaic minorly different.

If they lived there when that dish was made then its theirs. You cant never know who was exact guy who made it.

If that dish is specific Catalan - then no, but if that dish is Iberian Peninsula - then sure yes.

I personally never eat Knafeh in my life, but I know Israelis, Jews and Arabs who consider it as their.

He was half Nabatean. Basically Arab. No, they are not. In this case Arabic and Hebrew are "virtually the same languages."

It's getting ridiculous.

We are talking about its origins here. Virtually all sources say that its an originally Palestinian/Egyptian/Arab dish.

The truth is that Israeli cuisine is a combination of cuisines native to the countries from where the various Jewish diasporas came from. From Morocco to Yemen. From Eastern Europe to Ethiopia and from Central Asia to Southern Europe.

So by that logic you can claim the cuisines of all those countries as your own but the dishes from those countries will not be Jewish/Israeli in origin. Only by adoption.

Same with knafeh.

Anyway enough of knafeh. My last post on this topic.

He was half Nabatean. Basically Arab. No, they are not. In this case Arabic and Hebrew are "virtually the same languages."

It's getting ridiculous.

We are talking about its origins here. Virtually all sources say that its an originally Palestinian/Egyptian/Arab dish.

The truth is that Israeli cuisine is a combination of cuisines native to the countries from where the various Jewish diasporas came from. From Morocco to Yemen. From Eastern Europe to Ethiopia and from Central Asia to Southern Europe.

So by that logic you can claim the cuisines of all those countries as your own but the dishes from those countries will not be Jewish/Israeli in origin. Only by adoption.

Same with knafeh.

Anyway enough of knafeh. My last post on this topic.

Kabsah is alos Israeli/Jewish dish how dare you.:angry:

:rofl::rofl:

Kabsah is alos Israeli/Jewish dish how dare you.:angry:

:rofl::rofl:

I am now hungry.

Najdi mesabeeb is Jewish too.

Missabeeb.jpg

Mantu too:

050322_u41.jpg

In fact all Hijazis are converted Jews actually. The word cousin gets a whole new meaning.

I am now hungry.

Najdi mesabeeb is Jewish too.

Missabeeb.jpg

Mantu too:

050322_u41.jpg

In fact all Hijazis are converted Jews actually.
Where did you get your information from?? Hijazi arabs were pagan arab tribes who are from adnan and qahtan

Where did you get your information from?? Hijazi arabs were pagan arab tribes who are from adnan and qahtan

You should stop trolling. Christianity and Judaism have a longer history in Hijaz than Iran and practically anywhere else outside of the Levant. Let alone the Hanifs. By pagan you mean believing in ancient Semitic religions/Gods that we followed across the entire Arab world of today more or less.

There were always many influences. From nearby Yemen, Levant, Egypt and Iraq.

Anyway it's a fact that there were numerous Jewish tribes in Hijaz and that they made up a significant portion of the population but most got converted or displaced. In any case we were joking.

@Arabian Legend

My favorite coffee and goat cheese kanfeh , sprinkle some pistachio and almonds....

You should stop trolling. Christianity and Judaism have a longer history in Hijaz than Iran and practically anywhere else outside of the Levant. Let alone the Hanifs. By pagan you mean believing in ancient Semitic religions/Gods that we followed across the entire Arab world of today more or less.

There were always many influences. From nearby Yemen, Levant, Egypt and Iraq.

Anyway it's a fact that there were numerous Jewish tribes in Hijaz and that they made up a significant portion of the population but most got converted or displaced. In any case we were joking.

@Arabian Legend
Christianity was in najran and Najd Judaism
Was only in khaybar and medina and they were jews not converted arabs

Back
Top Bottom