What's new

Did you know? Palestine’s knafeh is now “Israeli” too?

No it wasn't, where do even get your knowledge? You don't know anything about the Mediterranean cuisine. Stick to the dutch cuisine.

You just told us it's an ancient dish yet expect people to take you as a reliable source. Somebody who get's his information off of Wikipedia and can't even comprehend his own go to source. :omghaha:

You should stop humiliating yourself and leave this thread. I strong advise you to do so.

Read post 44
while the dish is from ancient/medieval times.

I don't like the dish anyway keep it.

Maybe because Israel is Middle Eastern country :lol: :enjoy:

Israel being a country in the Middle East holds no relation to the Palestinian cuisine. Don't try integrating things which have nothing to do with the European immigrants.

It's the ongoing campaign by international Jews/Israelis of culture appropriation but also criminalizing any content of Palestinians in international icons/institutions. As evident by the example I gave earlier.

Here it is once again:

'Newseum' folds under pressure, will not honor Gaza journalists killed reporting on Israeli attack

Last week we reported Israel supporters were pressuring the Newseum to drop two Palestinian journalists, Mahmoud al-Kumi and Hussam Salama, from its yearly event honoring reporters killed in the line of duty. Al-Kumi and Salama worked for Al-Aqsa television and were killed in the Israeli assault on Gaza last November. Although the Newseum originally defended their inclusion, this morning the Washington, DC-based museum dedicated to the news industry announced that al-Kumi and Salama would in fact not be a part of today’s ceremony.

They were both assassinated in a targeted Israeli act of murder.

Read post 44

I don't like the dish anyway keep it.

I don't think you get the point of this thread. I advise you to leave it instead of ranting on every thread related to Palestinians. You're derailing the thread, one more post and I'm getting the mods involved.

As I've told you, it's from Nablus and is a Palestinian dessert. After that did neighboring nations adopt their own variations. That's not the point of the thread anyways. Or whether you like it or not.

I dare you to keep on trolling.

I don't think you get the point of this thread. I advise you to leave it instead of ranting on every thread related to Palestinians. You're derailing the thread, one more post and I'm getting the mods involved.

Bring MODS, didn't violate any rule.

The point is that it's a Levantine dish, neither Israeli nor Palestinian.
Why do you take this as offensive, Levantine is a region which your part of.

Bring MODS, didn't violate any rule.

The point is that it's a Levantine dish, neither Israeli nor Palestinian.
Why do you take this as offensive, Levantine is a region which your part of.

It's a Palestinian dessert which was adopted by neighboring nations later on. Let's move on now.

Here, it's not my fault that you're clueless about the region.

What Is Kanafeh?

Also called knaffeh, kanafeh is a Mediterranean dessert that originated in the city of Nablus in Palestine. Nablus is still famous for this dessert, and in fact, the dish is often called kanafeh Nablusi in this region. It is a sweet, cheese-filled pastry made with a special dough and topped with syrup. Though a variation can also be found in Greek cooking, it is most popular in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Palestine.

Ask any Arab where it originated from. I'm tired of repeating myself.

Altering my post, just humiliating yourself even further.

@1000

Knafeh

Knafeh also spelled as kanafeh, Knafe, kunafa or knafa originated in the Palestinian city of Nablus in the modern-day West Bank, where it is filled with Nabulsi cheese. Another name for knafeh is knafeh Nabulsiyye. It plays a central role in Palestinian cuisine and is the mos

Here's another link, are you still going to live in denial? Now I offered you multiple sources. If you continue trolling it will be against forum rules.

Here, it's not my fault that you're clueless about the region.

What Is Kanafeh?

Also called knaffeh, kanafeh is a Mediterranean dessert that originated in the city of Nablus in Palestine. Nablus is still famous for this dessert, and in fact, the dish is often called kanafeh Nablusi in this region. It is a sweet, cheese-filled pastry made with a special dough and topped with syrup. Though a variation can also be found in Greek cooking, it is most popular in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Palestine.

Ask any Arab where it originated from. I'm tired of repeating myself.

Altering my post, just humiliating yourself even further.

That's no evidence, that's another wikipedia, I can write a similar story.
No humiliation exists on PDF, it's Levantine.

Here's another link you raging lunatic:

Behind the Sweets: Hannah Saaydeh Makes Knafeh at Jaafer Sweets | Serious Eats: Chicago

explained that knafeh is a sweet with Palestinian origins that is made from only a handful of ingredients: unsalted butter, shredded phyllo dough, fresh cheese, syrup, and pistachios.

Here another link saying it's an Egyptian dish.

Kunafa - Middle Eastern Food

Kunafa is one of Ramadan's delicious traditions. It originally came from Egypt hundred of years ago. Legend has it that Kunafa first appeared when a Fatmid prince faced difficulty in fasting because of their appetite. This dish helped keep them full.

@Hazzy997
Here another source.

Al-Ahram Weekly | Living | Sweet tooth alert !

" Kunafa is said to be of Fatimid origin," says 62-year-old hajALi Arafa, the owner of Cairo's most famous kunafa outlet "

Fatimid caliphate, Kilab al Shi'a might have created this dish.

62 year old telling us it originated in an ancient empire. :lol:

Here another link saying it's an Egyptian dish.

Kunafa - Middle Eastern Food

Kunafa is one of Ramadan's delicious traditions. It originally came from Egypt hundred of years ago. Legend has it that Kunafa first appeared when a Fatmid prince faced difficulty in fasting because of their appetite. This dish helped keep them full.

It's a legend, and not Egyptian. If it was I wouldn't have a problem with that. Go look up Arabic sources. It's about time you stop being so childish and arguing over this since for whatever irrational hatred you have.

My Tummy Rumble

In origin, Kunafa is a Turkish word, with the sweet being widely available in Turkey. It is mentioned that Kunafa might be derived from the Arabic word “knf”, meaning shelter. This might refer to the way the kunafa dough shelters the cheese inside!

That aside, let’s get to the history aspect of this delicious sweet! It’s said that an Egyptian emperor felt extreme fatigue while fasting in the month of Ramadan. Therefore, one of the people advised him to eating Kunafa as it had numerous nutritious ingredients. Kunafa became a widespread dessert in Egypt during the era of the Fatimids and the tradition of eating it during the month of them originated from them!

It's a legend, and not Egyptian. If it was I wouldn't have a problem with that. Go look up Arabic sources. It's about time you stop being so childish and arguing over this since for whatever irrational hatred you have.

ADMIT it's a Levantine dish

My Tummy Rumble

In origin, Kunafa is a Turkish word, with the sweet being widely available in Turkey. It is mentioned that Kunafa might be derived from the Arabic word “knf”, meaning shelter. This might refer to the way the kunafa dough shelters the cheese inside!

That aside, let’s get to the history aspect of this delicious sweet! It’s said that an Egyptian emperor felt extreme fatigue while fasting in the month of Ramadan. Therefore, one of the people advised him to eating Kunafa as it had numerous nutritious ingredients. Kunafa became a widespread dessert in Egypt during the era of the Fatimids and the tradition of eating it during the month of them originated from them!

ADMIT it's a Levantine dish

No it's not, here's yet another Arab source. 99% of the sources agree with me.

Request Rejected

Kunafa is, of course, the famous Arab dessert, which originated in Palestine. In this casual-dining (or park-and-go) restaurant, you will firstly need to tuck into one of our tasty shawarma, an ancient dish of succulent meat grilled to perfection on charcoal and wrapped in a nutritious fresh pita bread for your delectation.

Here's another one:

The Sweet Tradition of Kunafa

'Kunafa' is the most famous dessert dish in the Arab World, originating from the Palestinian city of Nablus. The delicious sweet dish with its reddish color is hard to resist. Famous shops selling the dessert are rarely affected by any economic slowdown, with the continuous flow of customers at all times of the day going in and out having small portions, buying it in small boxes or placing orders for special occasions. Similar shops can be seen in many Arab cities and towns with the usual scene of people looking to get some of the dessert. Large round and steel trays of 'Kunafa' kept warm on low heat can be seen behind the windows of shops offering, day and evening, a lovely and enticing dish.

You think everybody is making this shit up? You keep braying like a donkey. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom