What's new

Did you know? Palestine’s knafeh is now “Israeli” too?

What is that dish? I'm not familiar with Pakistani sweets. :)

gulab_jamun.jpg

I must have missed out on something, who said nobody else can eat this dish? I don't think you understand what culture appropriation is about. This is an attempt to get people to familiarize with Israel while erase the Palestinian identity.
"By the way, they occupied Palestine area and named it Israel. Now they want to occupy everything with regard to Palesting"
Is this what you are trying to say?

There aren't 'Israeli Arabs', those were occupied Palestinians who refused to leave their land. This is a Palestinian dessert from Palestine, not Israel. Many people eat it. That's not the point.
"Palestinians" were invented in 1964. Jews live here since 3500 years ago.

now turn it into Israel vs Palestine war thread just on the discussion of a dessert!:happy:

by the way i didnt know it was a Palestinian dessert!

"By the way, they occupied Palestine area and named it Israel. Now they want to occupy everything with regard to Palesting"
Is this what you are trying to say?

I'm saying it's a Palestinian dessert. Always has been. Currently it's huge in Nablus and in Jerusalem, made by Palestinians in Jerusalem. So it's grossly inaccurate to say it's from Israel. People will perceive it to be an Israeli sweet and attribute credit to Israel when we've been making this for God knows how long.

Occupied territory doesn't equate to being Israel as well. They want people to become desensitized to the occupation while also make sure our culture and foods are erased from the social fabric.

now turn it into Israel vs Palestine war thread just on the discussion of a dessert!:happy:

by the way i didnt know it was a Palestinian dessert!

This is less about the dessert and more to do with culture appropriation. :D

Glad you like, it's made elsewhere too although these specific ones are Palestinian. There is the Arabic Knafeh which is filled with nuts and stuff.

Palestinians are ancients Jews that converted to Christianity first and later Islam. With a small admixtures of Levant Arabs.

Genetic studies bring new hope for peace between Jews and Palestinians

Written by Damien Marsic
Monday, 21 June 2010 07:03
It has long been known that Jewish and Middle-Eastern populations were genetically related, thanks to numerous studies of Y chromosomal and mitochondrial DNA. The recent development of DNA microarray technology allowed much finer genetic studies of human populations, by analyzing hundreds of thousands of nucleotides across the human genome. Last year, one such genome-wide study (1) revealed a distinct genetic signature for Ashkenazi Jews and suggested a Near-Eastern origin. Since then, two genome-wide studies, the first to include several Jewish populations, were published just a few days ago by two different teams (2, 3). Both confirmed a common Middle-Eastern ancestry for most worldwide Jewish populations, bringing an end to speculations that modern Jews could be mostly descended from converts with no link to the ancient Hebrews. However, there is another inescapable conclusion from those studies, that the authors did not address: Palestinians are genetically as close or closer to any modern Jewish population than are those Jewish populations to each other. In other words, genetic data is totally consistent with the idea that Palestinians are the direct descendants of ancient Jews who never left their ancestral land and who later converted to Christianity and to Islam (4, 5).

Behar's study, which is the most detailed, revealed that most Jewish populations (except Ethiopian and Indian Jews who are more closely related to their host populations) form a cluster with modern Middle-Eastern populations. There are actually three Jewish sub-clusters, one including Ashkenazi and Sephardi populations, another including Iraqi, Iranian and Caucasian Jews, and a third comprising Yemeni Jews. Remarkably, the Palestinian sub-cluster is located exactly in the middle of the three Jewish sub-clusters, suggesting that modern Palestinians are possibly even more closely related genetically to the ancient Hebrews than many modern Jews. In addition, any of the three Jewish sub-clusters is closer to the Palestinian sub-cluster than to the other two Jewish sub-clusters. This implies that if one considers Ashkenazi, Sephardi, Iraqi, Iranian, Caucasus and Yemeni Jews to all be part of the same Jewish people, then, from a genetic point of view, the Palestinians are an integral part of it.

If the latest genetic evidence vindicates Zionist ideas of Jews returning to their ancestral homeland, it also implies that this right of return should apply to all Palestinians, which have to be considered part of the same Jewish/Palestinian people.

Despite the seemingly hopeless current situation, a simple, sustainable, just and lasting solution to the conflict is therefore within reach. Israel must grant full citizenship to Palestinians, including all refugees. All must be given the right to return to their original homes, or receive proper financial compensation and be free to relocate anywhere in the country. All citizens should have the same rights regardless of their religion, including access to housing, education, health care, jobs and infrastructure. At the same time, Palestinians need to recognize Jews as equally legitimate inhabitants. It would be a win-win situation for all parties in the current conflict: the single state could be considered both a greater Israel and a greater Palestine with Jerusalem as its capital. It could still be a home for worldwide Jews who could still consider it as their spiritual center, as well as for all Palestinians.

The key to achieve a harmonious coexistence is to implement a total separation of church and state, as is the case in all other advanced countries. Any endorsement of one particular religion by a state is a discrimination against its citizens who happen not to adhere to that particular religion.

One common argument against the one-state solution is that Israeli Jews can not accept to become a minority. This becomes a non-issue when one realizes that Jews and Palestinians are actually the same people, as confirmed by genetic research. In order for everyone to feel accepted and protected, political power needs to be shielded from religious extremists. To achieve that, all political parties need to commit to human rights before representing any other values.

This is probably the only chance for Israel to survive, and a fantastic opportunity to correct its mistakes and become a beacon of hope for the rest of mankind.

Damien Marsic, PhD
First published at: New studies show that Jews and Palestinians are both descendants of the ancient Jewish people - Raelianews

References:

1. Need, A.C., Kasperaviciute, D., Cirulli, E.T., and Goldstein, D.B. (2009). A genome-wide genetic signature of Jewish ancestry perfectly separates individuals with and without full Jewish ancestry in a large random sample of European Americans. Genome Biology 10, R7.

2. Atzmon, G., Hao, L.,Pe'er, I., Velez, C., Pearlman, A., Palamara, P.F., Morrow, B., Friedman, E., Oddoux, C., Burns, E. and Ostrer, H. (2010). Abraham's Children in the Genome Era: Major Jewish Diaspora Populations Comprise Distinct Genetic Clusters with Shared Middle Eastern Ancestry. The American Journal of Human Genetics 86 (6), pp.850-859.

3. Behar, D.M., Yunusbayev, B., Metspalu, M., Metspalu, E., Rosset, S., Parik, J., Rootsi, S., Chaubey, G., Kutuev, I., Yudkovsky, G., Khusnutdinova, E.K., Balanovsky, O., Semino, O., Pereira, L., Comas, D., Gurwitz, D., Bonne-Tamir, B., Parfitt, T., Hammer, M.F., Skorecki, K. and Villems, R. (2010). The genome-wide structure of the Jewish people. Nature (advanced online publication, Jun 9).

4. Tsvi Misinai (2008). Brother Shall not Lift Sword against Brother. Liad publishing.

5. Shlomo Sand (2009). The invention of the Jewish People. Verso.

Genetic studies bring new hope for peace between Jews and Palestinians

I'm saying it's a Palestinian dessert. Always has been. Currently it's huge in Nablus and in Jerusalem, made by Palestinians in Jerusalem. So it's grossly inaccurate to say it's from Israel. People will perceive it to be an Israeli sweet and attribute credit to Israel when we've been making this for God knows how long.

Occupied territory doesn't equate to being Israel as well. They want people to become desensitized to the occupation while also make sure our culture and foods are erased from the social fabric.

This is less about the dessert and more to do with culture appropriation. :D

Glad you like, it's made elsewhere too although these specific ones are Palestinian. There is the Arabic Knafeh which is filled with nuts and stuff.
its quite popular in gulf....had it there....what's the difference between Arabic and Palestinian Kanafah?
its made in Pakistan too in our home....:tongue: although it has a list of long ingredients....and its difficult to make...comparatively.........but its very very delicious!:agree:

its quite popular in gulf....had it there....what's the difference between Arabic and Palestinian Kanafah?
its made in Pakistan too in our home....:tongue: although it has a list of long ingredients....and its difficult to make...comparatively.........but its very very delicious!:agree:

Actually sorry, I'm confusing myself. They are both Palestinian but different.

The Arab version is a lot different and not made with cheese. They call it Knafah Arabiyah. Looks like this:

CVQ8x.jpg

This is the Nablus version known as Knafeh Nabloosiyah:

%D9%83%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%A9-%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9.jpg

:)

Actually sorry, I'm confusing myself. They are both Palestinian but different.

The Arab version is a lot different and not made with cheese. They call it Knafah Arabiyah. Looks like this:

CVQ8x.jpg

This is the Nablus version known as Knafeh Nabloosiyah:

%D9%83%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%A9-%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9.jpg

:)
i had this one and its made in cheese.....we make it with cheese....
knafeh.jpg

images

its the cheese that makes it more yummy and juicy!

And this is coming from a so called 'Leftist' who 'supports a two state solution. A few years ago you wouldn't say such things. Although nowadays you're slowly trying to erase our identity all around the world through Israeli pressure and local Jewish organizations. Your plan isn't working, the world has woken up to Israeli extremism and almost everyone supports the Palestinian struggle nowadays.

Here's an example of trying to censor our national identity:

Jewish groups slam ‘Newseum’ for honoring Palestinian journalists killed by Israelis | Rehmat's World

And they revoked their decision to honor them. War criminals.

i had this one and its made in cheese.....we make it with cheese....
knafeh.jpg

images

its the cheese that makes it more yummy and juicy!

That is the crusted one. :)
Same ingredients mostly just with crust on the top. I like both of those, but prefer the flat one with yummy cheese. :smitten:

In Gaza it is literally amazing, and you get half a kilo for about three US dollars. :D

And this is coming from a so called 'Leftist' who 'supports a two state solution. A few years ago you wouldn't say such things. Although nowadays you're slowly trying to erase our identity all around the world through Israeli pressure and local Jewish organizations. Your plan isn't working, the world has woken up to Israeli extremism and almost everyone supports the Palestinian struggle nowadays.
I am liberal. Everyone can decide in which country he wishes to live. If Galilee Arabs (100% Israel's territory) decide they want to live in Palestinian state I would support their wish.

Here's an example of trying to censor our national identity:

Jewish groups slam ‘Newseum’ for honoring Palestinian journalists killed by Israelis | Rehmat's World

And they revoked their decision to honor them. War criminals.

That is the crusted one. :)
Same ingredients mostly just with crust on the top. I like both of those, but prefer the flat one with yummy cheese. :smitten:

In Gaza it is literally amazing, and you get half a kilo for about three US dollars. :D
more google pics to make you feel hungry and jealous:tongue: tut tut
4496408801_a3d7d5f9ac_b.jpg

images

Knafeh.jpg

I am liberal. Everyone can decide in which country he wishes to live. If Galilee Arabs (100% Israel's territory) decide they want to live in Palestinian state I would support their wish.

You're an extremist nut when it comes to the Palestinian people and Israeli policy. So are your nations war criminals who murder journalists then summon foreign Jewish organizations to pressure international icons from mentioning anything Palestinian.

more google pics to make you feel hungry and jealous:tongue: tut tut
4496408801_a3d7d5f9ac_b.jpg

images

Knafeh.jpg

I actually am inclined to believe you're the hungry one, Marsh. :P

Back
Top Bottom