What's new

Dhoni may go as T20, ODI captain

Don't you think we are being carried away with all this T20 stuff.

Better captain than Dhoni - Name one for me. Sehwag is not upto the mark, Yuvraj is not leadership material, Gambhir faired poorly in his short stint, Zaheer has never led anything at all, Sachin is about through. Who else comes to your mind??

T-20 is actually like lottery, draws were not in out favour. I would assess people based on their Test match performance in which India has reached no. 1.

Playing short pitch was never ever our strength. There may have been a few players who have played it well, not many though come to mind (including Sachin) who have dominated short pitch stuff like other teams have.

just one question when dhoni become captain how much experience he had ... so make some new blood captain like virat kohli , suresh raina may be they can do well

Nothing can be worse for India than to lose Dhoni as captain. This was a bad tournament thats it. Indians kicked everybody's ***** in bilateral series touring the world.

With Dravid and Ganguly team India was a real pushover, Dhoni put them on the map. A new captain over an experienced one so close the world cup? BCCI walon ki akal ghass charne gai hai.

Oh well who cares, good for us. Team se bhi nikaal doh usko :P Kick Yuvraj and Sehwag out too.

They were favorites to win this game, just check out their batting

Raina
Ghambir
Tendulkar
Sehwag
Dhoni
Yuvraj

Kick them all out :P.

Dhoni won't be sacked, to stay as captain: Report

After unconfirmed reports of M S Dhoni likely to be sacked as T20 and ODI captain surfaced in the media, BCCI allegedly denied such reports on Friday saying that there is no such move and Dhoni will stay as the captain.
Media reports said that Sehwag and Gambhir were tipped to be skipper in shorter formats.
A report in CNN-INB says that the BCCI have dismissed reports of Dhoni likely to face the axe. The report says that the board has come out in support of the Indian skipper and said that the entire blame cannot be put on Dhoni's shoulders and it is a collective defeat.
India crashed out of the T20 World Cup after Sri Lanka beat them in West Indies. Dhoni, speaking at a press conference partly blamed the IPL parties saying that the parties and extensive travelling took a toll on the players' bodies and they were exhausted.
This remark raised a storm in the country and there were speculations in the media that a vindictive BCCI may axe him.

Dhoni won't be sacked, to stay as captain: Report- Hindustan Times

Don't you think we are being carried away with all this T20 stuff.

Better captain than Dhoni - Name one for me. Sehwag is not upto the mark, Yuvraj is not leadership material, Gambhir faired poorly in his short stint, Zaheer has never led anything at all, Sachin is about through. Who else comes to your mind??

T-20 is actually like lottery, draws were not in out favour. I would assess people based on their Test match performance in which India has reached no. 1.

Playing short pitch was never ever our strength. There may have been a few players who have played it well, not many though come to mind (including Sachin) who have dominated short pitch stuff like other teams have.

I dont know if the likes of Kohli and Raina would be better Indian captains, but right now i think Dhoni is the best for the job.

He is not perfect and has made his share of mistakes (picking too many part time spinners in Barbados is one) but a lot of the fault lies with other players and BCCI as well.

Firstly, the IPL and T20 were too close together. The players would obviously be tired and had too little practice.

But more importantly, no one addressed the short ball issue.In test matches, short ball can be left alone. but in T20, every ball counts. So to have this glaring weakness not addressed is a fault that lies with everyone.

What is done is done. The short ball screwed us over again. And i'll bet my left nut that the other teams will use short ball against india again. so we better be prepared next time. prepare some fast, bouncy to practice on, and address the short ball issue. by the time the next T20 or one day world cup comes, this weakness should be eliminated.

I dont know if the likes of Kohli and Raina would be better Indian captains, but right now i think Dhoni is the best for the job.

He is not perfect and has made his share of mistakes (picking too many part time spinners in Barbados is one) but a lot of the fault lies with other players and BCCI as well.

Firstly, the IPL and T20 were too close together. The players would obviously be tired and had too little practice.

But more importantly, no one addressed the short ball issue.In test matches, short ball can be left alone. but in T20, every ball counts. So to have this glaring weakness not addressed is a fault that lies with everyone.

What is done is done. The short ball screwed us over again. And i'll bet my left nut that the other teams will use short ball against india again. so we better be prepared next time. prepare some fast, bouncy to practice on, and address the short ball issue. by the time the next T20 or one day world cup comes, this weakness should be eliminated.
After every IPL match there is an after party, drinking, staying up late.

After 1.5 months of doing that, the players' brains would turn into a mush.

Notice how most of the foreign players are mostly retired old beans making an extra buck? Thats what IPL should be, retired players and new players mixing it up.

After every IPL match there is an after party, drinking, staying up late.

After 1.5 months of doing that, the players' brains would turn into a mush.

Notice how most of the foreign players are mostly retired old beans making an extra buck? Thats what IPL should be, retired players and new players mixing it up.

the IPL is a very powerful tool. And as such it can either positively or negatively affect cricket in a big way.

The problem is that right now IPL is more destructive than constructive for Indian cricket. While it allows young talent to emerge, it is seriously stifling existing talent. With its after-parties and dancing girls and what-not, it is really shifting players' focus from cricket.

these players are national assets, and people should keep that in mind. but now their discipline and fitness are being waived in the name of entertainment. The soldiers are becoming gladiators. The cause for which they fight is lost.

I am a fan and supporter of IPL. But like anything in its infancy, IPL needs fixing. It should be more rigorous in establishing its fitness and discipline levels. And most importantly, BCCI should monitor it closely to ensure it does not do anything to harm Indian international cricket.

Man what ever we started it was beneficial to the foreign players not to us..By starting MRF pace foundation we have the world bowlers like Macgrath ,Chaminda Vaas and so on ,but not a single world class bowler for our country :hitwall: Then we started IPL its helped Kallis to get back in to the SA team,Nannes,Shaun Marsh to Australian team and so on and look at our team :hitwall:

Man what ever we started it was beneficial to the foreign players not to us..By starting MRF pace foundation we have the world bowlers like Macgrath ,Chaminda Vaas and so on ,but not a single world class bowler for our country :hitwall: Then we started IPL its helped Kallis to get back in to the SA team,Nannes,Shaun Marsh to Australian team and so on and look at our team :hitwall:
MRF Pace foundation is a joke. They simply over-coach the player killing their natural action and game. It is one of the major factor responsible for India not having a genuine fast bowler.

Imagine if Malinga went to MRF pace academy, they will tell him to focus on line and length and not on pace. Also "Correcting" his action so the bowling arm is close to the ear. CRAP.

All tearaway fast bowlers had a bit of unconventionalism about them except maybe Lee (Again whose action was sighted as suspect). All they produce is stock bowlers pretty much in the same speed zone. Fast bowlers are supposed to be a bit of loose cannon. They will bungle it up in 1 out of three games, but again Its like having Sehwag in batting. When they fire - they really do fry the opposition.

Dhoni is my only candidate for captaincy, and a very good one at that. He again is slightly unconventional, but hey dont forget all the success he brought to the team. A couple of bad outings are pardonable. He is a natural leader, and carries an air of authority with him. Most importantly, one of the few certain players in all 3 formats. He's in my book a Lambi Race ka Ghoda - we need to presist.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom