What's new

Developed cancer drug for 'western patients' who could afford, not 'for Indians': Bayer's CEO

Now that you realiSe that you got caught...more education...

I is not a verb :P.

Actually it's a noun that's missing, not a verb. Do you really want to go down that path?

lol, learn to form sentences properly, then talk to me. Or maybe learn comprehension. If there is a "/" in between two words it means either.
Duh......

Is noun not a word?

LOL :lol:

Why don't you list me the extreme conditions that GoI thinks are present for them to issue a compulsory license? Can't?
Sure. Thousands of people suffering from liver cancer, who's sufferings can be alleviated by a 160 dollar drug. If that doesn't sound extreme to you, either you haven't met people suffering from cancer, or you are an idiot.

lol, learn to form sentences properly, then talk to me. Or maybe learn comprehension. If there is a "/" in between two words it means either.
Duh......
Which two words are you talking about, and which '/'?

Duh......

Well homo habilis,

Lord of the English language, please comprehend TRIPS for us, since you are so intelligent.

heeheheheheh....homo habilis....oooo this is funny :P

p.s: I am sure you are going through wiki aren

Actually it's a noun that's missing, not a verb. Do you really want to go down that path?
Sure. Thousands of people suffering from liver cancer, who's sufferings can be alleviated by a 160 dollar drug. If that doesn't sound extreme to you, either you haven't met people suffering from cancer, or you are an idiot.

I would understand if the drug saved lives, ie killed cancer. But for alleviation of i presume pain symptoms, there's other things.

Well homo habilis,

Protector of the English language, please comprehend TRIPS for us, since you are so intelligent.

heeheheheheh....homo habilis....oooo this is funny :P

TRIPS is beyond you man. You can't even form simple sentences. I wish i could help you....

TRIPS is beyond you man. You can't even form simple sentences. I wish i could help you....

No no please please. Past few pages have been interesting. And since, I was the chap who brought TRIPS and WTO into the discussion with gambit, please feel free to enlighten me.

I would understand if the drug saved lives, ie killed cancer. But for alleviation of i presume pain symptoms, there's other things.
It is not for alleviatin of pain. It does not do that. Stop displaying your ignorance over and over. It is for treatment of advanced liver or renal cancer, and to give the patient another few months of life. If you had a loved one who could be given a short lease of life, you might think differently. Of course, I'm making an assumption that you understand the value of human life, even if it is for a few months. Nobody would say ''nah mom, it's only another 6 months. You had better just die now, why shouuld you be here with me for another 6 months? Just go already.''

It is not for alleviatin of pain. It does not do that. Stop displaying your ignorance over and over. It is for treatment of advanced liver or renal cancer, and to give the patient another few months of life. If you had a loved one who could be given a short lease of life, you might think differently. Of course, I'm making an assumption that you understand the value of human life, even if it is for a few months. Nobody would say ''nah mom, it's only another 6 months. You had better just die now, why shouuld you be here with me for another 6 months? Just go already.''

Chalo man you have a good time with homo habilis (cranial capacity 640 cm³) hope he gets the joke now.

Well ofcourse i can agree with this heartbreaking case you presented.
How about this one, in 20 years if this practice continues, drugs like this are only available to super rich, their patents are hidden away and drugs themselves are distributed only to trusted people that the entity that developed the said drug has trust they won't pass on. This is end game what will happen if things like this proceed.

So basically, you're asking me to potentially bet my life so that someone might live 6 months longer. Would you take this bet?

Which two words are you talking about, and which '/'?

I wrote to him "missing verbs/words" I don't know how it didn't get saved. I went looking for the post but couldn't find it.

thats why i said read the link i posted..
its mentioned ,
the Doha Declaration on TRIPS and Public Health confirms that countries are free to determine the grounds for granting compulsory licences.

India has been maintaining that it is not against intellectual property protection and considers issuing compulsory licences only under extreme conditions abiding strictly by global rules on intellectual property prescribed by the TRIPS Agreement, the official said.

US pharma firms lobby to protect patents in India | Business Line

There's no extreme conditions. People die of cancer in India just like everywhere else. This BS that you all are peddling is just an excuse for thievery.

This is just moral gymnastics now. The drug in question doesn't save lives. I would see no problem if people were dying in hundreds, thousands and a life saving drug was too expensive to sell to them and GoI decided to save them by issuing compulsory license. But this is BS.

From what I read, it is a drug to treat advance stage cancer. If it doesn't saves life, I don't know what it does than.
May be you can shed some light. And certainly it is not a unique/rare disease, with a lot of patients, given the furore.

Oye we are having a trolling party...how dare you talk sense :P The old discussions are over

I missed the party!

US pharma firms lobby to protect patents in India | Business Line

There's no extreme conditions. People die of cancer in India just like everywhere else. This BS that you all are peddling is just an excuse for thievery.
Dear .. i regret to say that.. you have comprehensation problem..
its bold letter "countries are free to determine the grounds for granting compulsory licences."
still same thing...
I will not reply your BS from now onwards...you dont understand
and you dont understand value of human life which is bases of any civilized argument

Dear .. i regret to say that.. you have comprehensation problem..
its bold letter "countries are free to determine the grounds for granting compulsory licences."
still same thing...
I will not reply your BS from now onwards...you dont understand
and you dont understand value of human life which is bases of any civilized argument

Indian government said itself after TRIPS and Doha agreement which you quote it only issues compulsory licenses in events of extreme emergencies. I simply wanted to know what emergencies are present now that it decided to issue this license.
I find it hard to believe there's a sudden liver/kidney cancer epidemic that threatens Indians more then it does everyone else.

And yes, please, don't respond to me.

From what I read, it is a drug to treat advance stage cancer. If it doesn't saves life, I don't know what it does than.
May be you can shed some light. And certainly it is not a unique/rare disease, with a lot of patients, given the furore.

I'm no expert on it, but as far as i understand it, it slows the propagation of cancer cells through the body, but doesn't kill them.

Back
Top Bottom