What's new

Deteriorating situation in Nagorno-Karabakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on the earth do/should Indians who are not even located in the ancient MIddle East or Caucasus have an opinion? What makes you as an Indian close to Armenia? More or less nothing. Every person from the ME has a a closer affinity to South Caucasus than anyone else outside of North Caucasus on the other side of the mountain ranges.

None of those countries are even Hindu or have been part of India (which came to an existence in 1947) or have any cultural ties to it. Nor do Indians reside there.:o:o_O

For instance Armenians and Arabs in the Arab world are often impossible to pick apart. Seen it with my own eyes.

Why does an Arbi care about what an Indian thinks or doesn't think about Armenia or Azerbaijan ? Also what makes you think only a Hindu Indian would have an opinion on this issue ? 1 out of every 5 Indians is not Hindu.

Read this anyway- News.Az - Azerbaijan supports Pakistan on Kashmir

With all due respect an eastern European polish or Russian with blond hair and blue eyes look NOTHING like an Indian with almost black skin. Many Indians resemble black people more than they do eastern Europeans. Most of the Indians I have seen in my life have very dark features.

R1a is just one of the components of ancestry of Eurasian people. Indians don't look like East Europeans because of the native South Asian Haplogroup H and East Europeans don't carry just one haplogroup R1a. East Europeans languages share lots of similarity with Sanskrit.

R1a is just one of the components of ancestry of Eurasian people. Indians don't look like East Europeans because of the native South Asian Haplogroup H and East Europeans don't carry just R1a. East Europeans languages share lots of similarity with Sanskrit.
Whatever the case, eastern Europeans and Indians are total opposite in looks and culture. I have seen many of both people my eyes and ears don't lie to me.

Scientifically Arabs are grouped as caucasion

With all due respect an eastern European polish or Russian with blond hair and blue eyes look NOTHING like an Indian with almost black skin. Many Indians resemble black people more than they do eastern Europeans. Most of the Indians I have seen in my life have very dark features.

Yes, that is correct. But so are South Asians and everyone else that is not Black or Mongoloid my friend. Pigmentation changes due to climates and can change rapidly. Many Arabs, especially on the Peninsula can get quite dark in the sun but underneath their clothes they are not very distinct from Europeans or especially Southern Europeans. Actually you had racist Europeans conducted studies on all people from outside Europe. Including highland Yemenis whom they identified as a branch of the Mediterranean people who got quickly tanned while out in the sun but who underneath their clothes were pale. They all classifications of Alpine, Mediterranean and such other groupings. Today it would be considered controversial that's why science does not operate with this anymore but there is a truth to it.

For instance 50% of all Africans from the Horn of Africa are of Caucasian ancestry while the other is indigenous African. That is why even dark-skinned Horners (as they are also called) appear were Caucasian (facial features) etc.

Here you can see a sample of the common Ethiopian look. The one of the far right would fit perfectly in KSA and the Arabian Peninsula. In fact that is a standard look.

Green/Hazel eyes are common in the Arab world. My mother has green/hazel eyes and so has two of my sister and one brother. In the mountains of Yemen especially, Levant and parts of Hijaz it is seen quite often although most have brown or dark eyes. I prefer dark brown eyes so, LOL.
Mark Zuckerberg the Jewish founder of Facebook for example looks like your typical Middle Eastern person/Semite/Jew despite being pale. Due to his facial features.

About the Indians. It depends where in India they are from. Because Indian is just a nationality. They don't even speak the same language and there are huge geographical distances.

Some Northern Indians could easily pass as Middle Eastern people.

@al-Hasani . Se you guys support country based on religion ad ties . We do that based on Practicality . Since Armenia sides with us on Kashmir issue it is obvious why Indians will have soft heart for Armenia . another reason is Russia :) .We have no other ally that can replace Russia nor we would like anyone to replace them .

Same goes for Israel . We recognized Palestine and scorned Israel for first 40 plus years of our Democratic existence . But we were met with Scorn from Arab world ( they favored Pakistan) , in the early nineties our Ties with Israel grew and in the Kargil war they gave us Litening Pods ( Israel Precision Tech) to bomb the insurgents into oblivion and a hell lot of other tech . They even offered their special forces in Mumbai siege . Also A hell lot of Israelis come to our beaches ( specially Goa) and our Mountains ( Dharamshala) . So the pro israeli views of India you see on this forum is because of that . That is why you would find lot of teens/tweens Indians on M.E. forum though i wish they avoided discussion there .

Whatever the case, eastern Europeans and Indians are total opposite in looks and culture. I have seen many of both people my eyes and ears don't lie to me.

He is talking about Genetics. Not looks or culture. Too complex for you to understand.

Also most Indians are brown which is a universally accepted fact.

Mughals too didn't look Uzbek, even though they had Turkic ancestry from Uzbekistan. :D:D

R1a is just one of the components of ancestry of Eurasian people. Indians don't look like East Europeans because of the native South Asian Haplogroup H and East Europeans don't carry just one haplogroup R1a. East Europeans languages share lots of similarity with Sanskrit.

Language means little, mate when we are discussing origins or haplogroups or ethnic groups. You speak English and so do many Indian and non-Indian people. This tells nothing about your actual ancestry. The point I was trying to make was that you cannot use an ancient haplogroup that predates the very notion of ethnic groups, spoken languages of today (aside from the ancient languages spoken by few Africans who never left the continent like those we descend from), countries etc. as anything more than it is. As I told you the Haplogroup R1b and R1a are common in the Arab world too and many other areas of the world, including Western Africa, where the local population did not speak Indo-European languages.

Also once again that is mostly Northern Indians who we know came from many backgrounds and have ties to the Middle East, Central Asia etc. Even ruled by people from those regions for many, many years.

If you go to the Dravidian parts of India that's where you will see the local Indic people. I know a few from Kerala and they are among the most wonderful people that I have met.

The people of the Indus Valley civilization were most probably people of a Dravidian/Local stock. They did not originate on the Central Asian Steppe or the Middle East. So there is no reason for you or any other Indians to be obsessive in that field which I have noticed when discussing with Pakistanis and others. But correct me if I am wrong since Hinduism has ties to Sanskrit then many people automatically want to connect with that? Or what is it?

Last edited:
He is talking about Genetics. Not looks or culture. Too complex for you to understand.

Also most Indians are brown which is a universally accepted fact.
Well genetics play a major factor in looks. Your genetic makeup determines your looks.

@al-Hasani . Se you guys support country based on religion ad ties . We do that based on Practicality . Since Armenia sides with us on Kashmir issue it is obvious why Indians will have soft heart for Armenia . another reason is Russia :) .We have no other ally that can replace Russia nor we would like anyone to replace them .

Same goes for Israel . We recognized Palestine and scorned Israel for first 40 plus years of our Democratic existence . But we were met with Scorn from Arab world ( they favored Pakistan) , in the early nineties our Ties with Israel grew and in the Kargil war they gave us Litening Pods ( Israel Precision Tech) to bomb the insurgents into oblivion and a hell lot of other tech . They even offered their special forces in Mumbai siege . Also A hell lot of Israelis come to our beaches ( specially Goa) and our Mountains ( Dharamshala) . So the pro israeli views of India you see on this forum is because of that . That is why you would find lot of teens/tweens Indians on M.E. forum though i wish they avoided discussion there .
This is a good post.

Russia has an important role. without Russian support, Armenia cannot live more than one week. Azerbaijan's economy is ten times bigger than them with a high growth rate, and also consider that Azerbaijan population is more than three times of Armenia with much more better weaponry. I think that's why Azerbaijan government has tried to increase ties with Russians. After all, Russians, only seek for their interests, and we can negotiate with them.
yes, we do hate Armenians and vice versa. there is almost no difference between Azeri turks, and turkish turks, and we consider their problem as ours and vice versa. we have the same language, more precisely speaking 86-90% the same, and only difference is about the sect of the religion that the majority follow, which this difference is faded as people have got more secular these days.
Azeris will not be satisfied by anything less than getting Karabakh back, although the whole Armenia is built on our stolen lands, but the Karabakh, is the minimum of our demands. Political solutions can be reached, if they accept these fundamentals, otherwise a war would happen in the long term.

Yes, that's what I thought. Armenia is moreover landlocked and a small country with no real industry, a declining population and most importantly they don't have many resources contrariety to Azerbaijan which has oil and gas. You are also right about the population.

Yes, I know about the closeness of Azeris and Turks. I learnt that when the only Azeris that I have ever met in my life turned out to be a huge Galatasaray fan, LOL.

But the Armenians, did they not have a long, long presence in areas of what is now Southern Caucaus and Northern Middle East. From history classes and from reading about history I know that the Armenians had kingdoms/"empires" that bordered the Assyrian ones and others in the region.

Even when looking at a map Karabakh should belong to Azerbaijan when you think about it. Very unnatural location. Don't know how they managed to control this. Problem due to Russian help.

Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs Meet In Paris

Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry claimed on January 23 that Armenian troops killed an Azerbaijani soldier, the latest in a week of tit-for-tat clashes along the border.

The shooting follows a spate of raids by both sides over the past week that left at least one Nagorno-Karabakh soldier dead.

Azerbaijan violates ceasefire regime amid Olympic truce | ARMENPRESS Armenian News Agency

The situation on the border was intense on February 8. The Azerbaijani side violated the ceasefire regime shooting in the direction of the Armenian military positions and regions in various parts of the borderline. In a conversation with “Armenpress” the Press Secretary of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Artzrun Hovhannisyan stated that the tensions again increased yesterday in comparison with the last 2-3 days.

Among other things the Press Secretary of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Artzrun Hovhannisyan underscored: “The Armenian Armed Forces did respond to the fire.” In addition, the Press Secretary of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Artzrun Hovhannisyan noted that the Armenian side remains loyal to the agreements reached upon regarding the ceasefire and does not violate the ceasefire regime. Furthermore, the Armenian side endorsed the call of the IOC and does not want intense situation on the border and casualties during the Olympic Games.

Previously it was reported that on January 28 soldier Karen G. Galstyan (born in 1994) was killed by an Azerbaijani sniper in the military position of the Defense Army of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic located in the Northern direction. Karen G. Galstyan died from a lethal gunshot wound he received in the area of his head.

16-year-old girl Lianna Anikyan received gunshot injury, when Azeri armed forces launched sporadic attacks in the direction of several villages of Armenia’s Tavush Region.

Simultaneous attempts of penetration by the Azerbaijani subversive groups were recorded between 23:50 and 00:15 on January 19-20 in the north-eastern (Jraberd) and south-eastern (Korgan) directions of the line of contact of the Karabakh-Azerbaijani opposing armies.

The Press Service of the Defense Army of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic informed “Armenpress” that the front units of the Armed Forces of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic noticed the actions of the Azerbaijani subversive groups and started an organized defense in both directions. The rival was thrown back suffering palpable human and material losses.

Junior Sergeant Armen L. Hovhannisyan died from the wounds he received during the exchange of fire in the north-eastern direction.

Karabakh: Mediating Troika visiting Armenia amid calls for denouncing Azerbaijan over truce violations - Karabakh | ArmeniaNow.com

Azeri Attacks Loom Over Karabakh Talks | Asbarez Armenian News

Despite efforts by the OSCE Minsk Group mediators to downplay deadly attacks by Azeri forces against border towns in Karabakh and Armenia, Azerbaijan’s policy of aggression loomed over talks held in Yerevan on Wednesday.

Iran helped massacre of Muslims in Karabakh. Iran can't be muslim nation.

I understand why Christians support Armenians. But they still support illegal occupation of Karabakh and the massacres that happened there.

I don't support one side. I support humanity and countries like Armenia and Iran are anti-human.
I agree that the problem is not only about panturkism, although, Pan-turkist ideas are very strong in Azerbaijan, in both Guney Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan Republic. mullahs are afraid of two things, separatist ideas, and turning Azerbaijan to a secular role model for rest of the Iranians.
It's not a matter of mullahs, separatism will be crushed. In this mullahs and ordinary people are united. That being said these 5 star hotel panturk-zionist conferences are not a threat to Iran.
Also as long as new elcibey-like clowns make stupid claims about Iranian lands and history we will help Armenia. A big mistake we made was warning Armenia to stop their advance when they were taking over almost whole Azerbaijan.
These israeli-azerbayjani government should not cry about being muslim and should not use muslim card when they start stupid wars and lose conflicts.
Ofcourse their are other options as well, they could join Iran again so we could protect them against any invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom