What's new

Despite the loss of 85,000+ Pakistanis, why aren't we Iraq or Syria yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no civil war in Pakistan because both sides of the conflict are actually united. The Pakistani military and the jihadi terrorists operating in Pakistan are simply one real entity that has one simple strategy: do whatever they have to in order to maintain their power and build their wealth. Even if ot means killing 85000 or 850000 Pakistanis. Even if it means shooting at each other to create a fictional image. EVen if it means disowning soldiers. Even if it means using religion of Islam and religious factions as wedges and causes for recruitment of terrorists, killing of innocents.

It is contemptible but self-generating

Because we are not.

We are Proud and strong Pakistanis. More than a million people sacrificed their lives for creation of this country, 85,000 lives though is a humungous number but nothing to save the country. We salute all who gave their lives for this country and its citizens.

That was a good question ..In my honest opinion its because of people of punjab and sindh ..If you remove any of two from pakistan then there is no gravity for the country ..
i dont think that is true its the lack of education in the tribal areas and balochistan
most of the pakistan army is made up of punjabis and pashtuns

Although it's hard to accept but fact is we are very tolerant nations. Despite of targeted attacks to trigger a sectarian religious war we have managed to identify our true enemy as well as hands behind them. Syria and Iraq lack such qualities. .........

Another aspect of this tolerance can be that we are well-fed lazy people who are apathetic about their own miserable lives.
Essentially, we are ok with having corrupt people rubbing our faces in poop using their shoes, being cut up by religious nutjobs.. and constant lawlessness.

I doubt whether Pakistan actually lost 85k people due to the insurgency... There is no independent research to corroborate this number.

Not 85k but around 57k since 2013. More then half of them are terrorists, 31k. Around 7k secueity forces and 20k civilians.

What keeps Pakistan from not becoming Syria is wait for it drum rolls please
our feudal system

Pakistan has a murder rate of 6.4 per 100000 while USA has a murder rate of 5.5 so its not as violent as portrayed in the media

One thing more.....
All super powers of the world since 47 have influenced our GEOGRAPHY.....good or bad is not our discussion....we survived the most Ordeals as compared to Middle East or North Africa combined

i dont understand what planet some ppl are living on, there is massive civil unrest and disharmoney in pakistan, karachi is one gigantic sectarian/political mess. balochistan is full of ppl who want to seperate from pakistan, waziristan is just a quagmire for TTP, We may not be at the level of iraq or syria but were not exactly a stable nation.

we aint indians

GENETIC DIVERSITY IN PAKISTANI POPULATIONS
get some knowledge and keep yr theories to yrself.

Because of the same 3 As that saved Pakistan in 1965.

Allah
Army
Artillery.
you are Indians by thought,philosophy, outlook to life,attitude and emotions...period.In fact ancient north west India(the area that is now called pak) through its ancient universities had played a key role in propagating Upanishads and Buddhist philosophies.
As for the topic the question itself is senseless..Pakistan is a majority sunni country with only 15 to 20 percent minorities of various groups(including shias)...if you had a shia population of around 40 percent,your would have blown into a civil war a long time ago...eventhough Iraq has a small sunni minority the reason they are able to fight majority is the sunni population is more or less concentrated in one single area itself..this gives them chance to unite effectively against the rival...the situation in Syria is different.. There minority is ruling majority(besides the interference of foreign agencies)..if tomorrow Pakistan army,govt is filled with shias I can guarantee you the civil war will be on.

Last edited:
you are Indians by thought,philosophy, outlook to life,attitude and emotions...period.In fact Pakistan through its ancient universities had played a key role in propagating Upanishads and Buddhist philosophies.
As for the topic the question itself is senseless..Pakistan is a majority sunni country with only 15 to 20 percent minorities of various groups(including shias)...if you had a shia population of around 40 percent,your would have blown into a civil war a long time ago...
LOL i dont agree, i have seen the difference in the mentioned things myself very well. I dont know what the ancient indigenous people did in our land nor care, what i care is what we do now and who lives here now.

BTW if u go through this thesis u will know we are a very diverse country.

LOL i dont agree, i have seen the difference in the mentioned things myself very well. I dont know what the ancient indigenous people did in our land nor care, what i care is what we do now and who lives here now.

BTW if u go through this thesis u will know we are a very diverse country.
India is more diverse than pak but I feel you people still have remnants of Hindu liberalism,tolerance,forgiveness etc still in you.don't tell me all religions have those qualities;I know how liberal other religions are(except Buddhism)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom