What's new

Democracy is an ineffective system for Pakistan,the army has to act - Pervez Musharraf

So long as Pakistan doesn't become anti Islamic I am fine. Since that won't happen anytime soon, I'm not going to complain.

I get what you are saying bro. And Insha'Allah PAK won't become anti-islamic and PAK muslims need to be vigilant for that.

I have no problem with a fair electoral model and elections.
But my point was that FPTP/Winner Takes All electoral system that PAK copied from UK is a perfect recipe for instability and incompetent unaccountable government. I am saying this as a well wisher of PAK and want to see it succeed and realize its full potential. You know the current tyrannical BD awami regime could do what it did because it managed to grab 70% seats with just 45% votes in 2008 election , whereas the opposition did NOT even get 30 seats with 33% votes. There was accusation of rigging as well . BD like former british subjects India and PAK followed the FPTP system.

I hope PAK does NOT make the same mistake as BD and formulates a stable fair electoral and governance model.

Last edited:
Army gaves us Mujahideens, NROs, MQM and N league.

Last two army rulers were disaster for Pakistan

there is no doubt about the dedication and loyalty of the junior officers and men of the army but lions lead by lambs don't make a potent force. during the leadership of raheel sharif PA has eliminated TTP, BLA and MQM. it was the same army which served under kayani, musharraf , yahya. etc

The geopolitical dynamics are per definition changing. They had to manage by prioritization of situation. So i think in my humble opinion that they managed as best as could.

Hi All,

I am a Brit of Indian Muslim origin ( i can fit into Pakistan and I am often assumed to be pashtun before I speak mangled urdu) and this is my third visit to Pak this year. I have been coming here to get a business started exporting to the UK. I have been here for almost 4 weeks this time around.

I am quite fed up with the amount of army interference here, esp as I am not used to that in the UK. When I went to Swat i got stopped at a checkpoint going in and had to go through 3 hours of questioning (likely because I have an indkan stamp on my passport). I've never done anything dodgy in my life and my whole story is consistent. I went there to buy some swati handicrafts. Anyway I got the impression they (Army/Intel) werent too confident/professional. One senior guy was telling me I needed an NOC to get in Swat when that is not even true. Anyway I was there for 2 days but was glad to be out as I had the state (or the army) on my back for the duration.

In Lahore I had to go to Fortress Mall which is in some Army area apparantly. I got in fine twice before but today I had an army guy turn me away because apparantly foreigners are not allowed to go there. The Army guy just randomly decided. The Army just randomly takes over half of Lahore, a commercial and cultural hub of Pakistan.

When a **** gets a visa to the UK he can travel freely, i cant even go to the bloody shopping mall without being disrespected and turned back.

I just dont understand what place the Army has 'taking ownership' of such a large part of the city given there are no terrorists here and there is no war going on. What are they doing here?

And how does the Army have so much money? I mean DHA are the most expensive locales in any city in Pakistan.

I know I dont get it cos I'm a foreigner but maybe someone can explain it to me. This is not an India vs Pak thing but I cant recall ever meeting an Army person in India (Mumbai, Delhi, Rajasthan and Gujarat) nor do they have massive amounts of land in prime locations for their own development and use).

I could've gone to India to buy things but I came here due to the better quality work and greater creativity.

Offcouse remember this AsShole as a reminders that you can't over power a nation bigger than you and you don't let you's Sons die for some fantasies ideas which kill your own and all you can do is sit back and watch the show. I feel sorry for the people who fought Kargil for this idiots desire. May god grante them peace Rest in peace

Its OK, but I have one question. In democracy you change the leader PM/Pres by voting in/out, but how do you change the top General??:D

Or it will be like "Tu uth main Baithunga"!!:D

Democrazy without propper checks and balances is not a real democrazy, it's a democratic dictatorship especially if judges and election is under control of the demoratic dictator.

I feel Pakistanis should not lose hope in democracy and give more time for democracy to act. If democracy persists for another 10 more years in Pakistan then hopefully the government will invest more in education and to eradicate poverty which will in turn reduce terrorist activities. Which will lead to a better Pakistan (a developed one).

The geopolitical dynamics are per definition changing. They had to manage by prioritization of situation. So i think in my humble opinion that they managed as best as could.
i disagree. they only cared about their personal interests and how to prolong their tenure in power.

i disagree. they only cared about their personal interests and how to prolong their tenure in power.
Had the civilian leadership been honest, Army wouldn't had the need to take over.

I don't said that all army leadership are honest. There are corruption too but at least they work more efficiently for what they have to do. I mean for national defense. We can't say that about civilian leadership. Fake degrees, unable to formulate logical policies etc. And even I heard myself on tv a politician saying : Rishwat leyna humara haq hay. Yes she said that. I don't remember her name nor her political affiliation.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as Democracy in Pakistan, there is DEMOCRAZY ran by corrupt & treacherous politicians. Zarb e azb can never be won in tye presence of treacherous politicians & their DEMOCRAZY as they only listen to the highest overseas bidder & it is because of this I say Gen. Raheel is wrong in supporting ganja league & DEMOCRAZY.

All ganja league has done is pushed Pakistan into more problems along with crashing Pakistans economy.

So defeating these bastard is what is needed in order for Pakistan to go forward and for Pakistan to go forward Pakistan needs Democracy not DEMOCRAZY.

If democracy can't give public their rights and benefits than democracy is useless.

'In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme. Aristotle'

In specially Pakistan it is of no use because here only the poor are treated like slaves and there is no authority who can catch rich culprits. Only the poor people of Pakistan works hard, only they pay taxes and only they are the one who didn't get the facilities and a good life. The rich spend a peaceful life on account of the taxes paid by poors. Since there is been a two party system from a long time but since 2011 this two party system has been clearly threatened by Imran Khan and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf.
Just like people often say agar baap sharabi ho tu beta bhe sharabi hota ha , the same way :
Agar mulk ka wazeeriazam e choor hoga tu baqqi chotay choron ka khatma kese kiya ja sakta ha??
At least when musharraf was the president of Pakistan , Pakistan was in better position and generally Pakistan started to proceed and progress furture.
But since 2008-2013 the land reforms were on top because zardari emphasized on that but since 2013-on wards
other things are on top. The personal benefits of zardari and nawaz sharif have led Pakistan in worse situation and it could be more worse if people neglected it for a long time.

Army has no interest in taking over, they just want a nationalist government who only works for the betterment of Pakistan. This is a battle hardened army that knows it has more battles to fight in coming years, and one is a big war. It has no time to rule as well.

We need a leader who works only for Pakistan and his team will be the same.

The way I see it, Army will step in and form a new constitution with the Judiciary. Iran model is there. Without defence (army) and law (Judiciary), no country can survive. Democracy is irrelevant and root of many issues we are currently facing. Let Army and Judiciary select candidates for leadership, and let people elect one. And that elected leader forms a team of technocrats with the approval of Army and Judiciary.

In order for us to prosper, we must have leaders who are true Momins. And those who can shape the society to live according to the instructions given by Allah. Qaid-E-Azam was no mullah but a true Momin, we need leaders with qualities that he possessed. Not Fazlu and Muftis etc, these lot are far from being Momins.

Last edited:
there is no difference between military and civil leadership. the only problem is that a corrupt nation will produce corrupt leaders whether they are in military or in civil.

there is no difference between military and civil leadership. the only problem is that a corrupt nation will produce corrupt leaders whether they are in military or in civil.
Democrazy without propper checks and balances is not a real democrazy, it's a democratic dictatorship especially if judges and election is under control of the demoratic dictator.

a 'democratic dictorship' is'nt a bad thing- as long as the dictator is a wise dictator who has tremendous foresight and superb leadership qualities.

Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew is the perfect example(Yes, We are not a true democracy).

Back
Top Bottom