What's new

Demise of Bangladesh cricket

I wouldn't raise any alarm bells about BD. IMO it seems that only a few teams understood how to consistently handle the limited overs and conditions (e.g., Pakistan, England). But the others either took their time (e.g. India) or are still having trouble. Sure, there are probably some structural issues at play with a few teams, but I don't think it's as dire as the tournament is making it seem.

If you really want to 'test' teams in T20, I think the knock-out stages should try a best-of-3 format. Yeah. Instead of a 'one-and-done' get the top 4 teams to play each other multiple times, and then see who prevails. It's a good way to control for overly good or bad luck, and get more cricket.
Pak was one of the few teams who got things going early due to Kaardar and experience of pre-partition ICT
(with slump in late 60s part of early 70s), than no going back after Mushtaq Muhammad brother of hanif Muhammad, than IK 2nd best after wi, than that 90s team etc)

There was a time when Bangladesh was looking a very promising team..... I used to think that it's typical south Asian cricket instincts they will slowly one day become next India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka...... but they couldn't keep it up...... sadly.....

There was a time when Bangladesh was looking a very promising team..... I used to think that it's typical south Asian cricket instincts they will slowly one day become next India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka...... but they couldn't keep it up...... sadly.....
They need to play soccer, Bangalis are known for soccer

Come on...india lost one t20 match against pak and you seem to have got a swollen head....t20 is more of a luck than potential...you are calling india a home tiger? India has beaten australia and england in tests in their home turf just recently( with B team vs aus)..it has played world cricket test tourny finals in june....it was number 2 and number one side in both odis and tests....you pakistanis are thinking too much of yourselves just by winning one odd t20 match against a mentally and physically exhausted indian team...come back and talk big words when your team does something substantial in ODIs and tests( that too overseas).
India does very bad overseas.
The reason why the ranking works out is exceptionally good record at home

There Under-19, Under-23 and A-Team need to do foreign tours. I would also encourage their emerging players to play domestic and league cricket in other countries.

India does very bad overseas.
The reason why the ranking works out is exceptionally good record at home
India has beaten australia, england in tests last time we visited them....in 2018 when we last visited SA lost against SA 2-1 in tests and won both odis and t20s comprehensively...we beat NZ in t20s last year..u seem to be living in 90s or early 2000s.

I wanted Bangladeshi to be a force and beat teams bro but it saddens to see them struggling. I hope they change something so they achieve success.
Bro these inbreds didn’t eat rice so they had no motivation to play. Their money motivation is wasting taxpayer money and spending holiday vacations after abysmal performance
@Atlas and @Michael Corleone Bhais I don't know if you guys are big cricket fans but seems Pakistani bhais have queries on the recent poor performance of our team.
Bro I don’t watch these morons.

Sri lanka has some good upcoming players in nissanka, asalnka, raja pakshe, maheesh, hasaranga.
You dont seem to be following cricket closely.

Yeah, don't follow it very closely anymore. Additionally, with their current performance it is very obvious they aren't strong what they use to be in the past.

@Atlas and @Michael Corleone Bhais I don't know if you guys are big cricket fans but seems Pakistani bhais have queries on the recent poor performance of our team.
@Bilal9 bhai , cricket is my favourite sport, but it's hard to comment on current situation.

Still I will try to express my feelings , it's going to be a long and boring answer. I apologise to people who will have hard time reading it.

Now let me look back the future. ( all are strongly related) .

What was the condition of Indian cricket even before 20 years ( when some bright people started to come in India team) ?

It was losing with every team regularly other than New Zealand ( that Time it was one of the worst team ) and Zimbabwe!

Even Sri Lanka became extremely powerful from 1995 , and India started to lose against them regularly.

Only Sachin Tendulkar was one man army that time, and all other cricket player had less than international standard specially pace bowling quality was worst in the world ( recently they got some good pace bowlers just from few years) !

So when India got test status actually? Long ago right? And Bangladesh got only in 2000, so roughly 21 years!

However now let's point out a major thing, once ( maybe in 1995/96, can't remember exactly)I read an interview of Waqar Younus ( printed in a local fortnightly sports magazine named "Kriralok" / "ক্রীড়ালোক" ) .

He was asked why India doesn't have fast bowlers ? Waqar's answer was , perhaps it's because of their food habits!

Nowadays India is getting few good fast bowlers and none are vegetarian you see!

Well now there is a point , our food habit isn't good either. We eat bhat ( boiled rice) so you see our physical structures aren't actually fast bowler producing.

And without fast bowlers you can't regularly win test match , it's bitter reality.

We are not going to change food habit, as bhat is our staple food, so honestly we will not be getting true fast bowlers ( even fast medium are harder to get , who can maintain it till the end) .

So spin , medium fast ( also fast medium if we can try hard for it , take care and nurture them properly) and we can take care of them and start wining again if we can properly maintain our cricketers.

But again here is an important point. Sri Lanka also doesn't have high quality fast bowlers, still they are doing much better, so why we can't do the same?

In short we are infested by dirty politics. Cricket and it's board must be free from politics , specially dirty politics of Bangladesh.

But where you can find such people now? In BAL regime all becomes the army of Bangobandhu and fan of Mujib coat ( Imran Khan Wear the same coat under different name ; just kidding 😂) , and during BNP regime all used to wear sunglass of Ziaur Rahman!

All important positions of Bangladesh are filled by lumpen rogue people, who started their career as grassroot politicians , and became powerful by looting money!

So make Bangladesh's high positions from these lumpen rogue people, not only cricket, but many things will be returned to right path again.

They need to play soccer, Bangalis are known for soccer
Not at all. We were some of the bottom teams in FIFA ranking.

Besides we are fan of cricket from 1947 Pakistan period, and it's not going to change. Football isn't our game and will never be. It will limited to Brazil Argentina sh!t and foreign club support.

People will even not watch football regularly, if we can win in cricket regularly!

All we need , is to free our cricket from corruption and we will be a great team then!

Sri Lanka is the perfect example. Surely we aren't going to get super quality fast bowlers like Pakistan , australia or South Africa due to our food habit ( fast bowlers are bread and butter for test cricket no doubt), yet we can do much better , as Sri Lanka is doing!

Last edited:
India even can do better , trust me if they use their Muslim and shikhs instead of vegetarians!

India is a diverse country and you can easily get more people with stamina! North Indian meat eaters, posses the same quality of Pakistan ,Australia and south Africa. So India could do much better from the beginning when they got state status , only if they were truly a secular country from the beginning.

But India was even a sh!t in cricket before 18/20 years!

The bitter reality is cricketers needs stamina and physical power and vegetarians don't have it.

Unfortunately our food habit is also bad , as bhat boiled rice) will not give you the stamina you need it cricket.

(For the same reason India only had one World class player from West Bengal and that is Saurov Ganguly.

However we also have shakib all Hasan. )

So surely we can also improve in cricket , as Sri Lanka is doing.

Although again I don't expect fast bowlers from Bangladesh, as all of our people have same food habit and no one is going to change the habit.

But we can still get stamina for players by properly nurturing them, and of course we need freedom from dirty politics!

Last edited:
India even can do better , trust me if they use their Muslim and shikhs instead of vegetarians!

India is a diverse country and you can easily get more people with stamina! North Indian meat eaters, posses the same quality of Pakistan ,Australia and south Africa. So India could do much better from the beginning when they got state status , only if they were truly a secular country from the beginning.

But India was even a sh!t in cricket before 18/20 years!

The bitter reality is cricketers needs stamina and physical power and vegetarians don't have it.

Unfortunately our food habit is also bad , as bhat boiled rice) will not give you the stamina you need it cricket.

(For the same reason India only had one World class player from West Bengal and that is Saurov Ganguly.

However we also have shakib all Hasan. )

So surely we can also improve in cricket , as Sri Lanka is doing.

Although again I don't expect fast bowlers from Bangladesh, as all of our people have same food habit and no one is going to change the habit.

But we can still get stamina for players by properly nurturing them, and of course we need freedom from dirty politics!
Arey o samba...sushil kumar ravi kumar dahiya, sakshi malik who won silver medals at olympics are veggies...bangladesh aur pakistan wrestlers kitne medals laaye re?

Arey o samba...sushil kumar ravi kumar dahiya, sakshi malik who won silver medals at olympics are veggies...bangladesh aur pakistan wrestlers kitne medals laaye re?
Oye beokuf samajta Kyu nahi hain rey, main fast bowling ki baatein karrahaoon.
Lilliput class ki wrestler or boxer ho sakta hain , lekin fast bowler nahi ho sakta!

Last edited:
Oye beokuf samajta Kyu nahi hain rey, main fast bowling ki baatein karrahaoon.
Lilliput class ki wrestler or boxer ho sakta hain , lekin fast bowler nahi ho sakta!
Lol. Lungis these days think they are expert at analysing. India won the world cup in 1983. 38 yesrs ago. Bangladeshis suck at everything but are ready to do cherry picking to prove their point. Lol.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom