What's new

Defence related threads that you want to be started by senior members

Alternate history scenarios for all Indo-pak wars. And the aftermath. What if India takes Lahore in 1965? or Pakistan captures Jaisalmer in 71? If Pakistan beats India to Siachen? If US interferes in 1971 and sends carrier based fighters to assist?

There shoyld be a thread about digital warfare
Espionage ? Role of stuxnet virus in iran centrifuge sabotage
Mass surveliance -- nsa , how america uses it to spy on friends and foe
What the practices should be of procuring hardware , software etc . What to use and what to avoid like a plague
Open source versus propritery software

Acute shortage of defense tech discussions / threads | Page 5
We had such a debate some years back. After that we made the warfare section and introduced TTA tag. After another year we introduced the rating meter. Now the need is not much of making another section but of introducing quality threads and informative discussions on warfare topics that interest the members.

So active participation is the key. Please dont rely on just a few members.

Well I always wanted to know more details`about two specific incidents but I have never found any details regarding that. The incidents are the attack on PNS Mehran and the other one on a PAF base. I hope Pakistani friends do not feel offended by this, I just want to know how the [Autopsy] entire op played out from the enemies perspective and the good guys perspective.

Also a detailed thread on armoured warfare between India and Pakistan in the past wars and also details on modern and future armoured warfare will be brilliant.

@Manticore

Air to Air Missiles (Long, short and medium) profile for the subcontinent (India pakistan and China), analysis and opinion

SAM profile (Short, Med and Long) profile for the subcontinent (India pakistan and China), analysis and opinion.

Type 45 vs Burke comparison

land attack capability, AAW role, anti ship/sub role, sensors, unit cost, missile variety , number of helis,spoffers and electronic jammers, internal protection and advanced damage control systems etc
What led the UK to go for type45 when burke could have somewhat done the job?

@jhungary @SvenSvensonov
@Penguin @Horus @jaibi, @Oscar , @Secur , @slav-defence @Rashid Mahmood @Aamir Hussain
The Type 45 destroyer project really began when the 8-nation NFR-90 frigate program fragmented into pieces. The USA and Canada elected not to pursue a modern frigate at all. Spain developed the 6,250t F100 AEGIS frigate, which it has now sold to Australia as the future Hobart Class. Holland and Germany developed the 5,700t F124 Sachsen/ LCF De Zeven Provincient Class air defense frigate. The UK, Italy, and France, meanwhile, embarked on the Horizon Class New Generation Common Frigate. In 1999, about 7 years after the initial requirement was floated, Britain dropped out of the NGCF project, citing a need for a larger ship, with wider air defense capabilities, and a British combat management system. Italy and France went on to order a total of 4 (2 each) 6,600t Horizon Class frigates.
Rather than using a modified variant of America’s multi-role 8,000t DDG-51 Arleigh Burke Class, whose costs and performance were stable, Britain proposed to develop its own air warfare destroyer, with better high-end anti-air capabilities. The new 7,350t base/ 7,800t full displacement ships would share the MBDA PAAMS system, built on its Aster-15 and Aster-30 missiles, instead of the popular Raytheon SM-2/SM-3 missile family. PAAMS would be complemented by a different set of radar systems on the Type 45, but the Horizon Class had different radar fittings for each country anyway.
DDG Type 45: Britain’s Shrinking Air Defense Fleet

How upcoming military technology will affect the doctrine and strategic concerns of militaries and nations all over the world

Thanks,

@jhungary @SvenSvensonov @Penguin
Done
How military technology development affects doctrine and strategy

@Manticore

Actually I have been in talk with @AUSTERLITZ to start an alternative battle thread, basiclly its a jhungary vs austerlitz style narrative and we are open to suggestion.

Will probably make a thread later on, but as it stand, both ne and Austerlitz is a bit busy, i am having a moving day....lol

@Manticore

Actually I have been in talk with @AUSTERLITZ to start an alternative battle thread, basiclly its a jhungary vs austerlitz style narrative and we are open to suggestion.

Will probably make a thread later on, but as it stand, both ne and Austerlitz is a bit busy, i am having a moving day....lol
I also had @AUSTERLITZ in mind for the job :cheers:

@jhungary or other professionals Can you please make a thread on armoured warfare past present and future?

Yeah i've been both busy with studies and sick,so been a little slow lately.Enjoying this new awareness on defence threads and some great members like sir sven, nihonjin and others that have joined recently along with our old stalwarts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom