What's new

Defence ministry clears purchase of 118 Arjun Mark-II main-battle tanks

What a stupid comment. AK and T-80s are proven tanks, that's all i meant. Arjun on the other hand has trouble securing orders from it's own place of origin. So either the tank is flawed and no one wants it or something else we don't know. If you can't keep up with facts, keep your usual trash for your trash can.

Sir, being think tank............... But looking like, You started trolling...:partay:

If you can see...
Arjun mk1 - 124 (Inducted - after 2010)
Arjun mk2 - Will be inducted between 2015 - 2020
Arjun mk3 - Will start induction from 2020-

AK and T-80s are proven tanks, that's all i meant. Arjun on the other hand has trouble securing orders from it's own place of origin.

Arjun also proved his capability in trail and they inducted... Also, it's India 1st baby and will further baby will come more firepower and powerful. if you start comparing them you fooling someone...... Arjun mk2 is equal compare to AK and T-80s..
if want to discuss than pls start new thread for discussion...

Arjun on the other hand has trouble securing orders from it's own place of origin.

What a stupid comment. AK and T-80s are proven tanks, that's all i meant. Arjun on the other hand has trouble securing orders from it's own place of origin. So either the tank is flawed and no one wants it or something else we don't know. If you can't keep up with facts, keep your usual trash for your trash can.

It's a $7-10 MILLION USD a unit tank no doubt the IA is going to stagger the orders over the years! Do you think the IA has $5-8BN laying around for the full 700-900 Arjun order that they'd eventually like? No way! They're going to have to order them in batches as funds become available in annual defence budgets over the coming years...

And @Donatello, pray tell me- what war(s) has the AK taken part in to earn the "proven" tag (CT ops don't count)? Jst being in service doesn't make a war machine "proven" in any way. By that logic the Arjun is "proven" it is in service (Mk.1 with 124 units) and has "proven" itself against the T-90S when the IA held comparative trails against both MBTs.

Being in derive with more numbers doesn't make anything "proven" it just looks good on paper (as the Saudis and Iraqis do but we all know they fall down when the brown stuff hits the fan).

Yes, Pakistan with a total military budget slightly greater than India's military purchases this month
WOW! You're spot on! I hadn't even looked at it that way- that's scary :o::o:

Last edited:
10 million USD a piece?:D

India should buy a truckload of these tanks over a period of say,20 years,so that the last few will come with a unit price of 20 million USD。:enjoy:

Now I am totally and utterly convinced India is THE richest country on Earth.

Those middle eastern oil riches pale into insignificance. :smokin:

Have you seen the previous comments?
It would show some light.Arjun tank is quite expensive plus a
whole new level of tank than Russians.

cost of the tank includes spares,ammunition,training aid.Considering that 10 million is still cheaper than xk-2,type-10,leclerc even though these tanks dont have certain capabilities the arjun offers like ammunition(HESH,penetration cum blast round,lahat/CLGM,thermobaric round),remote weapon station,higher elevation panaromic sights.

Comparing a 10 million.arjun tank to a one million dollar ak or t80 from Pakistan is like comparing. A euro fighter typhoon to a jf 17 thunder.

Totally different generation and capability and obviously cost.

Arjun is the same class as leopard abrabhams and China's t99 heavey tanks.

Dontello comparing his ford with a bmw

Comparing a 10 million.arjun tank to a one million dollar ak or t80 from Pakistan is like comparing. A euro fighter typhoon to a jf 17 thunder.

Totally different generation and capability and obviously cost.

Arjun is the same class as leopard abrabhams and China's t99 heavey tanks.

Dontello comparing his ford with a bmw
You guys are good at jokes this high price off Arjun 2 clear indication off massive corruption and man grow up @Aeronaut @fatman 17 @Icarus @DESERT FIGHTER

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom